Power to weight of a Ferrari | Page 7 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Power to weight of a Ferrari

Aerodynamics don't have a significant impact at lower speeds.
The bike blasts off the line as is expected and uses its power to weight ratio to trounce everything until it was no longer suitable to overcome the wind resistance.
The car's better aero takes over at that point and allows it to punch by.

The bike's lack of "top end speed" is derived directly from the aero resistance it encounters from its less efficient design.

Looking at the video demonstrates the bike out accelerated and acheived it's top speed faster than the car. The car had a greater top end speed and this was the point it overtook the bike.

Looking at the video demonstrates the bike out accelerated and acheived it's top speed faster than the car. The car had a greater top end speed and this was the point it overtook the bike.

Agreed. We share the same interpretation of the video.

Cheers m8.

Agreed. We share the same interpretation of the video.

Cheers m8.

For your position to hold up we would need to know the power to weight of the car and the power to weight of the bike. With this being equal, what you are saying would be so (about aerodynamics) if the car won.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferrari_458_Italia

Ferrari 562 hp / 3274 lbs 5.82 lbs: 1 hp

http://www.bikez.com/motorcycles/ducati_1198_s_2010.php

Ducati 1198s 170 hp / 447 lbs 2.62 lbs : 1 hp

Your position appears plausible. The ducati had an edge in the power to weight and won in acceleration and fastest lap time. The car would have won with equal power to weight ratios.

For your position to hold up we would need to know the power to weight of the car and the power to weight of the bike. With this being equal, what you are saying would be so (about aerodynamics) if the car won.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferrari_458_Italia

Ferrari 562 hp / 3274 lbs 5.82 lbs: 1 hp

http://www.bikez.com/motorcycles/ducati_1198_s_2010.php

Ducati 1198s 170 hp / 447 lbs 2.62 lbs : 1 hp

Your position appears plausible. The ducati had an edge in the power to weight and won in acceleration and fastest lap time. The car would have won with equal power to weight ratios.

You forgot about weight of the rider/driver.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

^I don't think a 200 pound person would fit in a Ferrari lol
And they'd definitely look ridiculous on a sportbike

You'd have to be at least 6'4 to be 200 pounds to not be considered overweight; unless you're built of muscle which at least 75% of Canadians are not (look up WHO statistics).

油井緋色;1910236 said:

You'd have to be at least 6'4 to be 200 pounds to not be considered overweight; unless you're built of muscle which at least 75% of Canadians are not (look up WHO statistics).

I'm not far under 200lbs. I don't think I look ridiculous. Add my helmet, boots, leathers, etc and Im over 200lbs for sure.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

Your suit adds 15lbs give or take, 4lbs helmet, 4lbs boots. So at 6' tall 180lbs I'd say that's a fairly average size. Pretty sure Jeremy Clarkson would be 200lbs and he fits in a Ferrari.

Certain things need to be factor in. There is a smaller turning radius for a bike

Sent from my tablet using my paws

Eh? Don't even bring cornering into this, 4 wheels beats 2 in a turn hands down. No debate needed.

油井緋色;1910236 said:

Lol, you should concern yourself more with riding than how you look.

油井緋色;1910236 said:

I'm 195 without gear and I don't think I look ridiculous.

I can also confirm that I easily and comfortably fit in a Lamborghini Gallardo that I drove a few months ago. Also fit in their Ferrari (forget what model). I also easily fit in my Porsche 944 and even fit in the (tiny) back seat with the front adjusted to my driving position. 200 is not huge.

Had a friend claim his Civic SI was pound for pound better than a Ferrari.

Like him, I'll ask you...which would you rather own?

Back
Top Bottom