Power to weight of a Ferrari | GTAMotorcycle.com

Power to weight of a Ferrari

But look at what happens to the ratio when you add the weight of a rider or driver.

A lot of 600/1000's will have a similar if not better P:WR (rider included) to super cars or even some hyper cars but in reality it comes down to the driver/rider if they don't know what they are doing then it's all useless

Let's not forget aerodynamics. Bikes have horrible aerodynamics. A Ferrari has MUCH better aerodynamics. Heck any car has better aerodynamics.

If you guys are interested in other facts....that servo motor from panasonic produces just .19 hp/lb and that has enough force to rip off a steel reinforced timing belt we have on our machines if there's a mechanical bind....I cannot imagine what 93hp/lb does on that spaceshuttle

Let's not forget aerodynamics. Bikes have horrible aerodynamics. A Ferrari has MUCH better aerodynamics. Heck any car has better aerodynamics.

....What?

Do some research and maybe you will get it.

Pretending you have a fairing bike with your forum name will not be enough to establish credibility. Anyone who rides a fairing bike knows if you are tucked in with your chest on the tank the wind drag will be reduced. A trick used to slow down is to sit up right and create some wind drag.

The ZX-12R has a frontal area of 6.09 ft[SUP]2[/SUP] (0.566 m[SUP]2[/SUP]), physically larger than the Hayabusa, which is 6.01 ft[SUP]2[/SUP] (0.558 m[SUP]2[/SUP] ). But the advantage for the Suzuki is not just in frontal area. With figures for both drag and frontal area, it's possible to calculate the coefficient of drag, which is 0.603 for the 12R and 0.561 for the Hayabusa. The winner of this wind tunnel shootout is the Suzuki.

It's worth remembering, however, that neither of these C[SUB]D[/SUB] figures indicate a particularly impressive degree of streamlining, since even a typical passenger car has a C[SUB]D[/SUB] of less than 0.60 and some models are lower than 0.30.

Read more: http://www.sportrider.com/tech/146_0106_aero/viewall.html#ixzz29I408LA2

Pretending you have a fairing bike with your forum name will not be enough to establish credibility. Anyone who rides a fairing bike knows if you are tucked in with your chest on the tank the wind drag will be reduced. A trick used to slow down is to sit up right and create some wind drag.

You can troll all you want with your BS......I have posted the facts.

Tuck in all you want on the most aerodynamic sport bikes on the market and you still have more drag than any Ferrari you pick off their showroom floor.

The ZX-12R has a frontal area of 6.09 ft[SUP]2[/SUP] (0.566 m[SUP]2[/SUP]), physically larger than the Hayabusa, which is 6.01 ft[SUP]2[/SUP] (0.558 m[SUP]2[/SUP] ). But the advantage for the Suzuki is not just in frontal area. With figures for both drag and frontal area, it's possible to calculate the coefficient of drag, which is 0.603 for the 12R and 0.561 for the Hayabusa. The winner of this wind tunnel shootout is the Suzuki.

It's worth remembering, however, that neither of these C[SUB]D[/SUB] figures indicate a particularly impressive degree of streamlining, since even a typical passenger car has a C[SUB]D[/SUB] of less than 0.60 and some models are lower than 0.30.

Read more: http://www.sportrider.com/tech/146_0106_aero/viewall.html#ixzz29I408LA2
http://www.sportrider.com/tech/146_0106_aero/viewall.html#ixzz29I408LA2
http://www.sportrider.com/tech/146_0106_aero/viewall.html#ixzz29I408LA2

I get it, drag coefficient of cars versus bikes is heavily debated. It sounds like the debate over extreme speeds. How many you tube videos of cars going 300 to 400 +kph are there out there? There are a few bike ones circulating. The consensus is shear hp will win this debate. There are a few ss bike 400 lbs with 180 to 200 bhp. Quantify that against the fastest cars.

I get it, drag coefficient of cars versus bikes is heavily debated. It sounds like the debate over extreme speeds. How many you tube videos of cars going 300 to 400 +kph are there out there? There are a few bike ones circulating. The consensus is shear hp will win this debate. There are a few ss bike 400 lbs with 180 to 200 bhp. Quantify that against the fastest cars.

Heavily debated?
Ya just like the ongoing debate over what the sum of 4 + 4 is.

I've spent the past few weeks calculating coefficients of performance on airfoils for school. Worlds are colliding here for me and it's freaky.

Thanks for the read though, I never really considered the aerodynamics a bike

Back
Top Bottom