Post your first motorcycle! | GTAMotorcycle.com

Post your first motorcycle!

1627246943860.jpeg
Not a pic of my actual first, but same year and model.

it was a crashed bike that I bought at Snow City, rebuilt it with a retired mechanic who lived next door

1973_TS125K_brochure_800.jpg

I almost got my hands on one last year but guy wanted stupid amount of money for it......with a dented yellow tank.

0d5a34bc8d245bbb5176a05bbf2b46cf.jpg

Well to me it was...

2560px-Harley-Davidson_V-Rod_front-right_Porsche_Museum.jpg

Not exactly the first motorcycle I owned, but it was the bike that got me interested in motorcycles. This was actually the second bike I ever rode (outside of the school bikes I learnt on).

I was a car guy in a previous life and one of the car shows I went to had a Harley Davidson booth. They had just announced this new bike developed with Porsche. The V-Rod wasn't even in production yet, they were just carting the prototype around to all the car and bike shows. But just looking at this beauty... I was hooked right then and there!

1966 Yamaha YDS3-C
Yamaha-YDS3-Right-Side.jpg

What a POS.
The clutches are problematic and 12 year old me couldn't ever make it work right.
So I learned how to ride without. The thing weighs a ton and wasn't much of a trail bike, but I tried.
I paid an ounce of pot for it (in 1971 an ounce of pot was $12 and worth EVERY cent... all sticks and seeds).

1966 Yamaha YDS3-C
Yamaha-YDS3-Right-Side.jpg

What a POS.
The clutches are problematic and 12 year old me couldn't ever make it work right.
So I learned how to ride without. The thing weighs a ton and wasn't much of a trail bike, but I tried.
I paid an ounce of pot for it (in 1971 an ounce of pot was $12 and worth EVERY cent... all sticks and seeds).
12 year olds running around with an ounce of pot. Probably grow up to be one of those hooligans who rides a motorbike.

ps_2011_01_12___19_34_02.jpg
'Bought second hand from Cycle World on Dundas in 1991...
'Rode it for a season on my learners permit... No graduated licensing system back then.
Following season took my "road test" passed and got my 'M'... A week later rode to Ft. Lauderdale... In the rain... Both ways.

Back
Top Bottom