Port Dover, Friday March 13th 2015 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Port Dover, Friday March 13th 2015

Crackberry

Site Supporter
Not I.

Nope bike is still in storage talked to Harry, (owner Daytona Motorsports), on Monday he said they aren't going too damn cold to be outside for the day..lol But said they will be at Mar 21/22 show

I didn't even notice it was a Friday the 13th this month... I would have gone, but made plans:(

The next and final Friday 13th for this year will be in November....I'm in Ancaster so if anyone's interested in going tomorrow we could meet at the Timmy's on Wilson and take off from there...

Cheers

Last edited:
Can't they just have a live video feed and everybody can stay home and watch it. I didn't buy this computer for the good of my health.

Just got back from Port Dover. The ride wasn't too bad, not very windy so the cold was bearable and heated hand grips certainly helped.

During the ride in there was a bit of a detour off Hwy 6 due to a collision between a motorcycle and a car, didn't look good at all, I hope there were no fatalities.

Once I got into the town, I headed straight to my ritual first stop which is Clare's Harley Davidson. Unfortunately, I found the store was having a closing down sale and were selling off everything. The first time I rode to Port Dover, I rode past Claire's on my then F8GS. After parking the bike, I walked over to the store and was greeted by the owner who started speaking to me about BMW bikes and my F8GS, we had a wonderful conversation about Harley Davidson and BMW bikes and I have always made it a point to make Clare's my first stop whenever I ride into Port Dover. I am really going to miss this ritual on my future visits...

All in all there were about 50 or so bikes in and around the town by the time I rode in and everyone appeared to be having a good time and happy to be there.

On my way back, I was grateful to have the Navigator V GPS on my bike because Hwy 6 had been closed off completely (hopefully not because of another accident), so I had to use the detour function which worked flawlessly and the unit very quickly and accurately calculated an alternate way home with the bare minimum of delay.

Here's a picture of the lake by Port Dover, as you can see things are still pretty much frozen up.

Cheers!

FullSizeRender-1_zpslr7hcntb.jpg

Last edited:
Just got back from Port Dover. The ride wasn't too bad, not very windy so the cold was bearable and heated hand grips certainly helped.

During the ride in there was a bit of a detour off Hwy 6 due to a collision between a motorcycle and a car, didn't look good at all, I hope there were no fatalities.

Once I got into the town, I headed straight to my ritual first stop which is Clare's Harley Davidson. Unfortunately, I found the store was having a closing down sale and were selling off everything. The first time I rode to Port Dover, I rode past Claire's on my then F8GS. After parking the bike, I walked over to the store and was greeted by the owner who started speaking to me about BMW bikes and my F8GS, we had a wonderful conversation about Harley Davidson and BMW bikes and I have always made it a point to make Clare's my first stop whenever I ride into Port Dover. I am really going to miss this ritual on my future visits...

All in all there were about 50 or so bikes in and around the town by the time I rode in and everyone appeared to be having a good time and happy to be there.

On my way back, I was grateful to have the Navigator V GPS on my bike because Hwy 6 had been closed off completely (hopefully not because of another accident), so I had to use the detour function which worked flawlessly and the unit very quickly and accurately calculated an alternate way home with the bare minimum of delay.

Here's a picture of the lake by Port Dover, as you can see things are still pretty much frozen up.

Cheers!

FullSizeRender-1_zpslr7hcntb.jpg

http://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/motorcy...ning-injuries-in-crash-on-highway-6-1.2279210

get well soon rider

Couldn't avoid a 2 pm meeting in Toronto today and had to be back in London for dinner with the kids. Txt'd my buddies and they were enjoying a cold bevy and told me the day was perfect for a ride.

God speed to the fallen rider. Another victim of a left turn cager. Boo!!!

Thoughts and prayers with the him and his family...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoyed the ride to Dover yesterday. It was not that cold
f803d65423bb952c1aaf4fbf4d9569cb.jpg

Enjoyed the ride to Dover yesterday. It was not that cold
f803d65423bb952c1aaf4fbf4d9569cb.jpg

You should really think about ankle protection. Proper riding gear isn't that expensive.

49 according to the Spec.

Driver was a woman.

Back
Top Bottom