Poop in the mail | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Poop in the mail

My MIL just found out Friday that her sister has breast cancer. It’s gone into the lymph nodes on one side.

One breast has a 5cm lump, the other one is 6-7cm. One is being taken off for sure. She’s devastated and obviously both my MIL and wife are in tears each day. I’d love to be able to send the MIL to Poland to be there for her sis, but with COVID it’s not happening.

She is brave to be going ahead with the Mastectomy.
My mum was stubborn (stupid?) in that she'd rather die whole that have anything cut off.
Ended up suffering with it for 4.5 years before passing away at the ripe age of 54.

Not a pleasant thing for loved ones to experience towards the end regardless.
Hopefully she (your MIL's sis) will be able to quickly recover (both physically and psychologically) from this ordeal.

Thanks @POWERMAN shes totally devastated. Her kids also, 12 and 10, as is the rest of the family.

The doctors have already signed her up with a psychiatrist(?) to deal with the emotional toll and we are awaiting news.

MIL is also terrified as she had her breasts tested recently and the docs called her in for additional testing this week...not looking forward to those discussions, so let’s hope they just screwed something up during the initial visit.

I have breast exams done reg as I have "lumps". Like every 3 months. Honestly cannot wait to have a chance to lop them off. PITChest for everything having literally pounds of fat hanging off your upper body. Yay boobies!

Get yer prosate checked boys, one of the only preventable cancers.

Recurring problems bother me.

A business colleague repeatedly asked his doctor about his cough and was told it was likely due to him working in construction with dust, working in the cold etc. He wasn't a smoker so get used to it. At some point he found out it was lung cancer, stage four, both lungs and spreading. He lasted another year or so but I don't think he got his first CPP payment.

My brother had a serious head on collision but air bags did their job and everyone walked away. It was determined that he had micro fractures and soft tissue damage and was told to expect unusual aches and pains going forward through life.

Over the next few years he ignored things that weren't right until he had problems chewing and speaking without slurring. A check up found stage four lung cancer that had spread to the brain and he was gone in a month.

I don't like squeaks and rattles in my vehicles, even tool boxes, because you get used to them and stop listening. Then a new squeak shows up, you ignore it and it's a killer.

Get to know your body and never assume it's just a cyst, indigestion, bad day, the weather, food poisoning, old age or any excuse that works to keep you from facing a reality.

I was working with a guy at a remote part of a refinery and unknown to me he wore a bag. It split or opened and he had to take off home for a shower and reset. It had never happened before. I have a lot of respect for him. He kept on living his life and working without complaining. Life would have been nicer for him without the bag.

Recurring problems bother me.

A business colleague repeatedly asked his doctor about his cough and was told it was likely due to him working in construction with dust, working in the cold etc. He wasn't a smoker so get used to it. At some point he found out it was lung cancer, stage four, both lungs and spreading. He lasted another year or so but I don't think he got his first CPP payment.

My brother had a serious head on collision but air bags did their job and everyone walked away. It was determined that he had micro fractures and soft tissue damage and was told to expect unusual aches and pains going forward through life.

Over the next few years he ignored things that weren't right until he had problems chewing and speaking without slurring. A check up found stage four lung cancer that had spread to the brain and he was gone in a month.

I don't like squeaks and rattles in my vehicles, even tool boxes, because you get used to them and stop listening. Then a new squeak shows up, you ignore it and it's a killer.

Get to know your body and never assume it's just a cyst, indigestion, bad day, the weather, food poisoning, old age or any excuse that works to keep you from facing a reality.

I was working with a guy at a remote part of a refinery and unknown to me he wore a bag. It split or opened and he had to take off home for a shower and reset. It had never happened before. I have a lot of respect for him. He kept on living his life and working without complaining. Life would have been nicer for him without the bag.
I've seen people lapping in the pool with the bag attached. Much respect to those people to move on with life in the face of adversity.

She is brave to be going ahead with the Mastectomy.
My mum was stubborn (stupid?) in that she'd rather die whole that have anything cut off.
Ended up suffering with it for 4.5 years before passing away at the ripe age of 54.

Not a pleasant thing for loved ones to experience towards the end regardless.
Hopefully she (your MIL's sis) will be able to quickly recover (both physically and psychologically) from this ordeal.

There's a lot of emotional ego with some of our body parts. This isn't like having your tonsils out or an appendectomy.

A lot of guys apparently can't handle the visuals and they need some counselling as well to accept reality.

It's the size of the heart behind the left one that counts.

There's a lot of emotional ego with some of our body parts. This isn't like having your tonsils out or an appendectomy.

A lot of guys apparently can't handle the visuals and they need some counselling as well to accept reality.

It's the size of the heart behind the left one that counts.
When I lost my one nut to cancer they offered a prostethic. Even while I was debating it the doctor said not to do it. ‘It’s better for your mental health if you don’t. If you lose the second one sure....but I don’t recommend it if you only lose one.’

Maybe that’s why I can lean better to the right...a few grams more on that side. I dunno...but it’s funny to me.

When I lost my one nut to cancer they offered a prostethic. Even while I was debating it the doctor said not to do it. ‘It’s better for your mental health if you don’t. If you lose the second one sure....but I don’t recommend it if you only lose one.’

Maybe that’s why I can lean better to the right...a few grams more on that side. I dunno...but it’s funny to me.

So your political leanings are in your jeans. :)

My cousin has a lot of issues (development issues, CP, behavioural issues, etc) and will probably never be able to live on his own but can reasonably take care of himself when in a supportive environment. In high school, he noticed some issues but being a guy (and development issues) meant he did nothing. Eventually someone noticed he was walking funny and got him to the doctor. His one nut was between the size of an orange and a grapefruit. Ouch on so many levels. It is obviously out now and he is doing well.

If it wasn’t for my wife yelling at me to go to the doctor @GreyGhost id probably be in a similar situation.

she yelled, I went to the doctor on (let’s say Thursday), doctor copped a feel, I liked it. Sunday night at 9pm get a call from the doctor ‘don’t care what you’re doing on Tuesday but you have an appt with urologist’

Apt came, doc copped a feel and just said ‘I’ll schedule you for surgery soon.’

From initial yelling to walking funny was less than a month.

My biggest concern of not being able to father children was overblown. Have had 2 since the operation.

If I went to the doctor every time I felt something wasn't right, I'd be there every day. There's always something going on with me, otherwise I'd be riding more often.

If I went to the doctor every time I felt something wasn't right, I'd be there every day. There's always something going on with me, otherwise I'd be riding more often.
You have to get to know your body and when something is abnormal. Don't trust doctors all the time.

I started getting burning pains in my stomach and my doctor put me on acid blockers for a month and they slowly worked. When the prescription expired the pain came back.

I was walking into a Timmies for my usual and realized a job change had me drinking a lot more coffee. I switched to other beverages and was fine in three days. I'm sensitive to caffeine. One cup a day of normal is fine. Colas and chocolate have caffeine as well.

You have to get to know your body and when something is abnormal. Don't trust doctors all the time.
Even when you do your best it can all go wrong quickly. An ex gf has had mild stomach discomfort and lethargy for a few months. She figured it was related to covid exhaustion with three little kids (youngest is 11 months, they are in Oz so lockdown has been real). Went into hospital a few days ago for low iron. Blood transfusion fixed that. Looked for source, found a stomach ulcer they operated on. Recovered for a day or two then sent home. Hospital called and told her to come back right away. Removed a large tumour from her small intestine. PET scan showed cancer in stomach, intestine, both lungs, breast and liver. They havent figured out the primary yet but she's cooked, primary only dictates best course to the end. Healthy, varsity athlete, no family history of cancer. Ok last week, this week shes looking at the end coming up very quickly. I've never met her husband but he is about to be single with three small kids. The stuff of nightmares.

Even when you do your best it can all go wrong quickly. An ex gf has had mild stomach discomfort and lethargy for a few months. She figured it was related to covid exhaustion with three little kids (youngest is 11 months, they are in Oz so lockdown has been real). Went into hospital a few days ago for low iron. Blood transfusion fixed that. Looked for source, found a stomach ulcer they operated on. Recovered for a day or two then sent home. Hospital called and told her to come back right away. Removed a large tumour from her small intestine. PET scan showed cancer in stomach, intestine, both lungs, breast and liver. They havent figured out the primary yet but she's cooked, primary only dictates best course to the end. Healthy, varsity athlete, no family history of cancer. Ok last week, this week shes looking at the end coming up very quickly. I've never met her husband but he is about to be single with three small kids. The stuff of nightmares.

Very sad. Almost same thing happened to my 33 yr old brother. started with a pain in his rear end and doctor thought he pulled a muscle or something simple, sent for physiotherapy. pain persisted, going to the bathroom got harder, urinating was tough. finally went to emergency after couldnt take the pain and they thought it was something in the bladder...many more tests later found tumor down in and around prostate(not prostate cancer) that kept growing and blocking off everything down there. went from catheter to tubes in kidneys to drain urine. also colostomy out front. the cancer also latched onto pelvis bones etc. kept growing and nothing could be done. was gone in 3-4 months. (doctor said expect 1.5-2 more years of life) Don't even want to know what the hospital bill would've been. was 24/7 care the nurses were coming in every half hour to pump more drugs in.

very devastating how one could do everything "Right" in life, go to school, good job, buy house, etc only to be taken out. doctor said he won the lottery of rare and brutal diseases. gets me mad when i see drug addicts get picked up off the sidewalk and get 5 chances at living again.

Back
Top Bottom