POI Rides | GTAMotorcycle.com

POI Rides

Jampy00

Site Supporter
Howdy Folks,

Just curious where is you go-to points of interest to ride (POI) to? Either for a great spot for pictures or just to sit and think for a few...
As I tend to ride solo and we're still in the grip of Covid-19 I have don't have much interest in "meet up" locations.
Mainly want to focus within a few hours of the GTA, so if you have a spot (and want to share it) post it here.

Terry Fox Memorial just outside Thunder Bay - only a few hours from here...
Screaming Heads in Midlothian up near Burks Falls
Minden Wild Water Preserve

This is such a great link, thanks for posting this, (and previously) I am going to be exploring some of these locations soon!

To the OP As for POI or rest stops. I generally always try to ride near the water, rest stop at a boat launches, or a bit off the road, find waterfalls, dams, canals, or green spaces near water (small parks) etc.

As for attractions here is what I have found so far

Thanks for the links!
While I was hoping for a few personal choices, I guess I can now make my own ?

This is a great thread, times when I go out on the bike alone, I need a destination or I just do circles around the neighborhood.

Thanks for the links!
While I was hoping for a few personal choices, I guess I can now make my own ?
I'm not giving my secret secluded spots! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Anyway try Musselmans lake, it's a nice loop, not far.
A little farther out Another is Elora and Fergus, or anything along the grand river.

If you like exploring just pull up Googlemaps and go to places you haven't been before.
Check out the 2020 Day trip thread or the photo tag thread (y)

Enjoy!

Pull up Googlemaps, who would ever think of that? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I never have major issues finding new places, just wanted to see what others do..

Pickerel are biting ? you could go fishing.
they make collapsible fishing rods that are not too shabby and can fit on a motorcycle easy.
:unsure: no idea how you are going to carry the fish you catch, guess you got to eat it right there.

fish in my panniers? no thanks

would be okay if you're bike camping
cook it up over the fire and burn the scraps

but you still have a stinky pan to deal with (n)

A few that come to mind are the Kirkfield Lift Lock, the Big Chute Marine Railway, The giant Twoonie in Campbellford, The Peterborough Lift Lock and the Giant Transformer statues in Port Hope. All are easily reached on a day ride from Toronto. If you want to go the other way you can go see Jumbo the Elephant in St. Thomas and there is supposed to be a real submarine in Port Burwell.

For me, I was about to head to ride the Long Sault Pkwy last Friday when a rear brake issue sidelined my bike. I will reschedule that one. Also planning a trip to North Bay to see the Big Joe Mufferaw statue.

Back
Top Bottom