Pioneer One show - This torrent's legal! :O | GTAMotorcycle.com

Pioneer One show - This torrent's legal! :O

FiReSTaRT

Site Supporter
I was on another forum, raising the possibility of a community-funded production of a movie or a show that's released for free download, when another member mentioned that it's already been/is being done. So I looked into this show..

You can check it out on http://vodo.net/3Tr7 (In the interest of full disclosure, clicking on this link gives me some points and I'm not sure what they're good for.. You can also look up the show on Wikipedia and there should be another link to the project page, that doesn't give those points to anyone).

The show starts with some object flying over Montana, dumping radioactive waste over it and crashing in Alberta. The Yanks get their panties in a bunch, get our permission to send the DHS over to see WTF's going on and whether there's anyone to send to Gitmo.. Turns out, the flying object had a pilot (some kid in old Soviet cosmonaut gear) and rocks from Mars.

It's a bit of a mix of Intelligence and 24 with some SciFi thrown in. While it's obviously low budget (the first episode cost $6000 to produce and now they got up to about $30,000 per episode for #5 and #6), the acting is still better than in some big money productions run on larger networks, and the writing isn't all that bad. They definitely got me hooked.

I already included a link to to the project page, where you can download the seed files to use your bittorrent client to download the first 4 episodes (others haven't been released yet). The show has been released under a license that allows you to download, watch and share it, so the downloads are 100% legal. It's a kind of a big fat ****-finger pointed at the MAFIAA saying "**** you, we don't need you" :cool:

P.S. You can DL it for free, but they do appreciate donations to keep it going (assuming you like the show).
P.P.S. I have no affiliation with the show, other than being a happy viewer.

Back
Top Bottom