Pickup Trucks | Page 14 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Pickup Trucks

How do pick up car drivers keep their stuff safe in the bed when away? Obviously a tonneau cover is good, but if my wife tossed her cleaning equipment in there…stuff is going to slide around all over the place…

She uses one of those thin vacuums, a few mops, and her cleaning products with buckets.

Maverick has slots for wood separators to be installed so I would assume that’s an option. But a sliding shelf would be ideal…although it would take up about half the depth capacity.
For my parents old truck, I cut a 2x6 to fit in the rear slot. That made the bed about 2' deep. Perfect most of the time and kept everything from sliding to the front. If you want to put in long things, either put them over the wood or easily lift the wood out of the slot.

For your wife's situation, it would be easy enough to build an organizer on the board to stop stuff sliding sideways. A few perpendicular boards or eye hooks and bungees keeps the buckets in place.

Last edited:
I love how GTAM is always ready to talk me out of my own bad decisions…

Back to the EV thread I go…

I love how GTAM is always ready to talk me out of my own bad decisions…

Back to the EV thread I go…
Ha! I am living proof of that.
My post - I want this (insert anything)
Every reply - no, what you want is this (Insert some completely different)

Well when the guy that literally built Fords for a lot of years tell you to stay away from Ford...may be a good idea to listen and MAYBE take the advice.

The only things I like about the Maverick...size, style, and mileage economy.

Well when the guy that literally built Fords for a lot of years tell you to stay away from Ford...may be a good idea to listen and MAYBE take the advice.

The only things I like about the Maverick...size, style, and mileage economy.
I was just being sarcastic...
My father owned a Volvo once many many many years ago, the car gave him some issues. For the next 40+ years he told people.
"Never buy a Volvo"

The hybrid is more $$$ than the better truck.
Better truck (for less $$$) has a trunk, vented seats, .awd, and it's NOT a ford.....lol.
Good luck.
Ah Some fords aren't bad, wife had a 2007 escape awd, sold it when it hit 400,000, never saw the dealership for repairs, had an alternator fail which I replaced myself, she liked it better then the 16 q5 tdi she has for handling and driving in deep snow. I dont mind the 17 rcsb f150 with 5.0 so far, its basically a mustang with a box and has the 6 speed over the junk 10 speed, as far as the 5.0 goes not much will touch it for performance.

Meh, on Ford.... I had a Ford Pinto with a manual and the 2.3l. It was actually pretty quick with some mild mods. It took a tonne of abuse with zero repairs. The best part was no one tale-gated me. So Fords must still be good.

I dont mind the 17 rcsb f150 with 5.0 so far, its basically a mustang with a box and has the 6 speed over the junk 10 speed, as far as the 5.0 goes not much will touch it for performance.
That’s like saying Olivia Chow is like Vina Sky. Drive a 5.0 F150 back to back with a 3.5 F150 and you’ll feel different also.

When you show up here saying I want X. And we say no no Simba , this is not the way! It’s because we love you and want you to be happy . And happiness comes from not buying stuff twice or three times .
Now let’s hold hands and chant , no F’in Fords !

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

Just get the bike you want and skip the whole GTAM/forum "What should I get for my next bike?", "What do you guys think of this?", "Does this bike make my butt look phat?"

I never understood the point of those threads.

We don't know you, we don't know your style of riding, your skills or mechanical competence... we're going to choose the bike *we* like, which may not be suitable for you at all. 🤷‍♂️

Wow there shooter , we absolutely know what’s best for these guys and occasional gals . They need to assign blame ( gtam said it was a good idea) and that’s what we are here for .

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

That’s like saying Olivia Chow is like Vina Sky. Drive a 5.0 F150 back to back with a 3.5 F150 and you’ll feel different also.
I feel the difference between my wifes q5 tdi and my 5.0 in tq...night and day, as far as naturally aspirated motors the 5.0 very stout as it was built to compete with gm 6.2 and dodge 6.4

Agreed. The only reason I'm looking at the Maverick is the small size, with the utility of a pickup, and the hybrid mileage which is phenomenal.
Ridgeline is probably better in every category, except fuel economy.

Also drives like a car instead of a truck.

Ridgeline is probably better in every category, except fuel economy.

Also drives like a car instead of a truck.
If I really had a need for one or if it was totally up to me, we would have a Ridgeline as a family car. Or a minivan.
But not all decisions are up to me.

Just get the bike you want and skip the whole GTAM/forum "What should I get for my next bike?", "What do you guys think of this?", "Does this bike make my butt look phat?"

I never understood the point of those threads.

We don't know you, we don't know your style of riding, your skills or mechanical competence... we're going to choose the bike *we* like, which may not be suitable for you at all. 🤷‍♂️
Easy now, was just making a light hearted comment....

Friend has had a Ford truck for years, owned a Chev truck once . . .

I've owned a used Buick once, then a Subaru, and then a new Chev minivan once.
After my Honda minivan is done, I'd consider a Subaru, but will most likely looking for a Hybrid.

Went by the Ford dealer to show the Maverick to my wife…before I even stopped she said ‚I really hope you’re not considering THAT thing’

Yes…yes I was. Until that moment.

I told her I need the bed for the one time per year I carry dort to do her garden, and the one time in 10 years I’ll need to bring a new washer and dryer home…she laughed and she laughed…and then laughed some more.

I didn’t bother going inside.

Went by the Ford dealer to show the Maverick to my wife…before I even stopped she said ‚I really hope you’re not considering THAT thing’

Yes…yes I was. Until that moment.

I told her I need the bed for the one time per year I carry dort to do her garden, and the one time in 10 years I’ll need to bring a new washer and dryer home…she laughed and she laughed…and then laughed some more.

I didn’t bother going inside.
Next time, save yourself the trip and show her the car on your phone, BEFORE walking out of the front door of your house.
Then sit back and crack a cold one.

Last edited:
Next time, save yourself the trip and show her the car on your phone, BEFORE walking out if the front door of your hous.
Then sit back and crack a cold one.
She liked it in photos….i prefer one up close.

Plus we were coming back from the hell that is called Costco on a Saturday morning.

Did you know Instacart contractors can bypass the line at Costco? Cause I didn’t and got mighty upset when a lady blew by 50 people waiting in line when I was next in line to cash out.

Back
Top Bottom