Pickup Trucks | Page 22 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Pickup Trucks

I sold my 2017 Ram Sport when the gas prices first shot up to 1.70/liter. I expected they'd keep going up, and my commute was already at $95/week at 1.65/liter. I went and bought a crappy little Mazda3 for the fuel economy. :cry:

Now I find out about the F150 v6 with eco-boost getting from 8 to 11 liters/100kms. I'm interested!

I sold my 2017 Ram Sport when the gas prices first shot up to 1.70/liter. I expected they'd keep going up, and my commute was already at $95/week at 1.65/liter. I went and bought a crappy little Mazda3 for the fuel economy. :cry:

Now I find out about the F150 v6 with eco-boost getting from 8 to 11 liters/100kms. I'm interested!
Be very careful with ecoboost. It is either eco or boost. Many drivers are using double the expected fuel. Look at fuelly numbers not epa numbers. Especially with turbos, it is easy to game the epa test (fastest acceleration on epa test is slower than every acceleration from a light that almost every driver makes so they program computer not to make boost until you accelerate faster than the test requires).

Be very careful with ecoboost. It is either eco or boost. Many drivers are using double the expected fuel. Look at fuelly numbers not epa numbers. Especially with turbos, it is easy to game the epa test (fastest acceleration on epa test is slower than every acceleration from a light that almost every driver makes so they program computer not to make boost until you accelerate faster than the test requires).
Good to know. Thanks.

No regrets so far. I love this truck and although I only have 600km on it so far and haven’t been light in the gas pedal in any way during that time I’m averaging 11.9L.
Added a tonneau cover, shorty antennae, and the Ford wheel liners. The Bang&Olufson stereo is decent but I dropped $5k on a 3500watt replacement because I’m picky about audio quality.
View attachment 67851
My colleague just paid $17000 to replace a 3.5 in a 2021 that was 10k out of warranty. A turbo sucked the oil out, and the phasers were toast at 140k.

It’s beyond me why he traded it for another new F150 a months later.

On Fuelly for the 3.5 V6 F-150, median appears to be around 14L/100. That's a long way from the 8-10 he was hoping for. The full hybrid brings it down to ~11.
The hybrid part of the driveline doesn't do anything when you're out of town and cruising along at 80 or so which is why it has the same Hwy epa number as the regular 3.5.
So unless those Fuelly numbers are combined results they're inaccurate. I'm currently at 11.9 with 600km's on the clock with a heavy foot. Should get a bit better as the motor loosens up.
My colleague just paid $17000 to replace a 3.5 in a 2021 that was 10k out of warranty. A turbo sucked the oil out, and the phasers were toast at 140k.

It’s beyond me why he traded it for another new F150 a months later.
I'm not a extended warranty kinda person but there's so much tech in new cars that when the dealer offers a 8-year full-coverage warranty for $2,000 it's a easy sale. I don't put many miles on and won't come close to the km limit.

The hybrid part of the driveline doesn't do anything when you're out of town and cruising along at 80 or so which is why it has the same Hwy epa number as the regular 3.5.
So unless those Fuelly numbers are combined results they're inaccurate. I'm currently at 11.9 with 600km's on the clock with a heavy foot. Should get a bit better as the motor loosens up.

I'm not a extended warranty kinda person but there's so much tech in new cars that when the dealer offers a 8-year full-coverage warranty for $2,000 it's a easy sale. I don't put many miles on and won't come close to the km limit.
Fuelly is mostly combined numbers. People report how many km and how much gas to fill tank. Most people don't go through an entire tank of city or highway exclusively.

Last edited:
Fuelly is mostly combined numbers. People report how many km and how much gas to full tank. Most people don't go through an entire tank of city or highway exclusively.
I was looking at Fuelly when checking out the Maverick.

There’s a considerable difference between EPA and Fuelly reported numbers. Issue is figuring out what people are actually driving as there as so many engine options (there are 2) that people entered it’s hard to figure out on some cars.

GTI burns about the same as Ecoboost of Fuelly. Hybrid is about 30% or more better.

Not sure it’s worth the jump to the hybrid over the eco as most of my driving is highway, and as @Hardwrkr13 mentions…hybrid doesn’t do much above 80.

This showed up on my street yesterday. Neighbors sons friend owns it.

1997 Subaru Sambar. I think that is the year, I did ask him last night but I'm realizing my memory is not as good as I thought.

Imported from Japan during COVID. Not sure what condition it was in.
Purchase price was $2.5K, on on the road cost $10K. Don't know if that was just transport and logistics/import fees or also the Porsche Miami Blue Paint job

I like the location of the engine.

1718368928794.png

1718368952434.png

1718368971964.png

1997 Subaru Sambar. I think that is the year, I did ask him last night but I'm realizing my memory is not as good as I thought.

Purchase price was $2.5K, on on the road cost $10K. Don't know if that was just transport and logistics/import fees or also the Porsche Miami Blue Paint job

View attachment 68312

View attachment 68313

View attachment 68314
I'd take that over the Maluch in Beeton. This I can make a case for...'it's functional!' But their prices have really ballooned. 10-15k for them BEFORE they even make it into the country.

I'd take that over the Maluch in Beeton. This I can make a case for...'it's functional!' But their prices have really ballooned. 10-15k for them BEFORE they even make it into the country.
I bet the Maluch would fit on the bed of the Subaru.

Price? My kid buys them for bush trucks.

View attachment 68312

View attachment 68313

View attachment 68314
Looks clean AF! Wonder if I'll see it at ImportFest.
Saw similar trucks on Mighty Car Mods youtube channel.

Any idea what numbers it is putting down?

View attachment 68312
Ruined it with that sticker behind the front wheel.

Back
Top Bottom