Paul Bernardo Parole Hearing Today | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Paul Bernardo Parole Hearing Today

As someone who has gone though this. Our justice system is garbage. When I say garbage I mean completely useless. I wish they would let the POS out that took my daughter. I would torture that POS to death.
I couldn't even begin to imagine what you went through.

I don't know what I would do if someone took my kid.
I'd probably end up the one in jail.

There are no words that seem right to say to you so I will offer my deepest sympathy.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

I couldn't even begin to imagine what you went through.

I don't know what I would do if someone took my kid.
I'd probably end up the one in jail.

There are no words that seem right to say to you so I will offer my deepest sympathy.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
Thank you. It took every thing I had in me not to jump over the glass into the prisoner cage he was in. I wanted to represent my daughter properly so I did everything I could to be respectful of the system, even when his POS lawyer bright forward motions to dismiss the murder charge because he felt there wasn't enough evidence. During the closing arguments the defence admitted what he did to my daughter. I choose now not to give him any space in my head in. I have a memorial garden in my backyard for her.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20210821-193254_Gallery.jpg
    SmartSelect_20210821-193254_Gallery.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 34
  • SmartSelect_20210821-193221_Gallery.jpg
    SmartSelect_20210821-193221_Gallery.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 32
  • SmartSelect_20210821-193148_Gallery.jpg
    SmartSelect_20210821-193148_Gallery.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 32
Thank you. It took every thing I had in me not to jump over the glass into the prisoner cage he was in. I wanted to represent my daughter properly so I did everything I could to be respectful of the system, even when his POS lawyer bright forward motions to dismiss the murder charge because he felt there wasn't enough evidence. During the closing arguments the defence admitted what he did to my daughter. I choose now not to give him any space in my head in. I have a memorial garden in my backyard for her.
The garden is a beautiful tribute and hopefully brings you a few moments of solice. Sorry your daughter was exposed to such evil.

The garden is a beautiful tribute and hopefully brings you a few moments of solice. Sorry your daughter was exposed to such evil.
Thanks, I don't know if you can see it but her name is engraved into the bench. My buddy made it. He put his heart and soul into it. I sit there all the time thinking of her.

I have many days where going on doesn't seem worth it, but I have 3 other kids and 3 Grand kids. I have inquired about Dr. assisted death, but both my Dr and my psychiatrist say I won't get approved because I'm healthy. There's a big difference in being healthy physically and mentally. Trudeau revamped the laws for Dr assisted death, but decided not to include mental health. He's a complete idiot.
It might help if one could see light at the end of the tunnel but that doesn't seem likely in the near future.

It doesn't seem to matter what party it is. Pre election it's all about getting tough, fair play and fixing the wrongs, making sure they never happen again. Election day + 1 and it's nap time.

Sorry I took this off topic. I just wanted to give everyone little insight into the mind and thought process of someone that has gone through this. Our criminal justice system is archaic at best. The federal government needs to bring the system into the present time. The sentencing needs to be taken out of the judges hands. I think life should mean life. and not 25 years parole eligibility. All sentencing should run consecutively, and not concurrently. There needs to be new rules for defence lawyers. It can't be get the accused off at all costs. This POS defence said so many stupid things, even the judge was annoyed. He insulted the two girls on many occasions.

Sorry I took this off topic. I just wanted to give everyone little insight into the mind and thought process of someone that has gone through this. Our criminal justice system is archaic at best. The federal government needs to bring the system into the present time. The sentencing needs to be taken out of the judges hands. I think life should mean life. and not 25 years parole eligibility. All sentencing should run consecutively, and not concurrently. There needs to be new rules for defence lawyers. It can't be get the accused off at all costs. This POS defence said so many stupid things, even the judge was annoyed. He insulted the two girls on many occasions.

It's more screwed up than most would imagine. FYI the Supreme Court of Canada basically said if there is a workplace sexual assault where there is a collective agreement the matter should be handled by arbitration with the collective, the collective that turned a blind eye to the behaviour in the first place.

Women that have been assaulted and fight the case end up losing their homes while the perps have their legal fees paid by the taxpayers in the case of police, fire department, military etc.

The Human Rights Committee is a joke. Settlements are a joke and they usually contain non disclosure clauses.

Step two, the offended choose the punishment. I struggle to understand the benefits of incarceration. As a criminal you are a cost to society, and as a convict, you are a cost to society.

Step two, the offended choose the punishment. I struggle to understand the benefits of incarceration. As a criminal you are a cost to society, and as a convict, you are a cost to society.
Interesting concept, complicated in practice. What are the range of possibilities? Who is the more "offended" (eg parents or spouses) who gets to pick? What if it is somebody like Muzzo, would they be allowed to offer money in exchange for leniency (alternatively, could the punishment be garnishing 80% of all future income to be donated to charities?)

Well
First you have to decide what is the purpose of incarceration.
Revenge or rehabilitation.

If you let victims decide, more often than not, they'll pick revenge. Human nature
Revenge may make THE victim feel better, but doesn't do a lot for society as a whole.

Penal systems that concentrate on rehabilitation have lower levels of recidivism.

Canadians like to complain about our penal system, but a lot of the rest of the world study our system, as it is deemed a success... well at least MORE successful than most.
My personal opinion is the successful reintegration of a offender as an acceptable member of our society is a win.
I don't see the point of "warehousing" offenders
... and YES, there are "broken" people that should never see the light of day again (Bernardo, Olsen and the like) but they make up a VERY small percentage of incarcerated people
The majority of people in Canadian prisons have addiction and/or mental issues... and get very little help

Revenge is of no benefit to society, no question, but it could bring peace to the offended.
I also agree that there are very few Bernardo's, but the fact remains that prison sentences are like tattoos, most people don't get only one in their lifetime. My tenant is a guard at the Milton Hilton, there are inmates that get released and are back in so quick that they don't even miss a meal.
Fact remains that because of the charter of rights and freedoms, inmates have a cozy place to live (relative to other countries) with no real incentive to get their crap together.
In the defense of inmates however, I don't think a criminal record should be a lifetime scar. It should automatically be expunged after a period of time (based on crimes committed and person's history) to help those that really want to change.

Revenge is of no benefit to society, no question, but it could bring peace to the offended.
I also agree that there are very few Bernardo's, but the fact remains that prison sentences are like tattoos, most people don't get only one in their lifetime. My tenant is a guard at the Milton Hilton, there are inmates that get released and are back in so quick that they don't even miss a meal.
Fact remains that because of the charter of rights and freedoms, inmates have a cozy place to live (relative to other countries) with no real incentive to get their crap together.
In the defense of inmates however, I don't think a criminal record should be a lifetime scar. It should automatically be expunged after a period of time (based on crimes committed and person's history) to help those that really want to change.

The brain is very complex. Revenge and anger are like letting someone live, rent free, in your brain. Shedding that is easier said than done.

We aren't like a herd of wildebeests in Africa. They run from the pride of lions but when cousin Louie gets caught and the lions are eating him the rest of the herds shrugs it off and goes back to grazing.

We never forget cousin Louie. He was part of our life and the void of that part is never filled.

It would help if the perpetrator showed genuine remorse. It would help if the judicial system wasn't as hard on the victim.

Maybe the worst part is that the rest of the world goes on. The guy on TV still wants to sell you a tropical vacation and new car. People still party.

Many criminals are victims as well and to some extent their anger can be understood, just as we get angry at those that victimize us.

What the average mind has a problem with is the person who grows up in a good environment but become evil. They get joy out of cruelty.

Expunging a record is IMO easy for crimes such as theft. If a person rehabs and shows they are getting on well without breaking the law they can be taken as cured. It's different when the crime is more emotional, particularly sexual. I don't know what indicators would define "Cured" with sexual crimes.

As far as general crime perpetrators I can't help but feel that most honest people enjoy things they got from working, a sense of accomplishment. A thief will never feel the enjoyment of working for something. Can a thief be converted?

Back
Top Bottom