Parking downtown | GTAMotorcycle.com

Parking downtown

nyx

So it seems like everyone is on edge downtown.

This guy parked so close to my bike I couldn't straighten it out.
He showed up few minutes later, backed into my bike hitting it, I 'tapped' his car so he stops, (was sitting on bike whole time) so he comes out and arguing. He claimed he only heard me hitting his car?? Yeah, ok.

He tried to end the 'argument' by saying no need to argue and he had long week, there's no parking downtown, he got thrown off a bicycle earlier and showed me the bruise, and he should've asked me if i could move.

Clearly a pro at this. Like his plate.
My bike was there whole day.

Not sure if I can/should report his license plate as damaged to the cops??? I try to avoid reporting.

Surely people park this close in general all time.
And sometimes sit on bike and knock it over too.

*Previously very broken Givi bags.

Attachments

• 196505534_10165085516630431_2999231514413475906_n.jpg
    196505534_10165085516630431_2999231514413475906_n.jpg
    443.2 KB · Views: 53
  • 193470142_10165085520245431_4676601215335353222_n.jpg
    193470142_10165085520245431_4676601215335353222_n.jpg
    383.4 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Like 90 degree angle? I could do it but it won’t be enough space in this case. This street is $4/hr(?) so cars don’t stay long unless it’s contractor or disability parking whole day (I doubt he even paid), so basically I don’t know how the other drivers park their cars every few minutes. I try to park on the ends of the ‘lot’ to let them figure it out.

Guy definitely parks by feel. You should have asked him for license and insurance. Hitting a stationary object would look great on his abstract.
amen. if even just to have the threat of reporting it over his head.

So it seems like everyone is on edge downtown.

This guy parked so close to my bike I couldn't straighten it out.
He showed up few minutes later, backed into my bike hitting it, I 'tapped' his car so he stops, (was sitting on bike whole time) so he comes out and arguing. He claimed he only heard me hitting his car?? Yeah, ok.

He tried to end the 'argument' by saying no need to argue and he had long week, there's no parking downtown, he got thrown off a bicycle earlier and showed me the bruise, and he should've asked me if i could move.

Clearly a pro at this. Like his plate.
My bike was there whole day.

Not sure if I can/should report his license plate as damaged to the cops??? I try to avoid reporting.

Surely people park this close in general all time.
And sometimes sit on bike and knock it over too.

I'd report him and get them to send him a letter saying he sucks at driving. He obviously believes he did nothing wrong and will continue to park by braille as he sees no reason to improve his behaviour. The letter probably doesn't do much but if/when he eventually does talk to a cop, his mercy has already been used up and he gets stuck with whatever the cop thinks he deserves.

I'm just moving on from this.
However I added the non emergency number into my phone directory, so next time there's confrontation of such (cause Toronto) I'll just call the cops while recording the issue. I'm sure they would've at least ticketed his illegal plates in this case, and whatever else they would've found.
I think that's the least annoying way to resolve this issue at the bud. Lesson learned for next time.

Must have
Actually an old fart in his late 60's maybe

I have another recent parking story of a bike parking this close (like that car) to my bike, in a nearly empty parking lot. 4 cars in a big Metro plaza parking lot in total, on the other side of the lot. However, he parked parallel to me in same spot. Fairly certain that dude was high and tripping about, as his legs were tripping/jumping/jittering about. I just stood back as he's started asking me if I need his bike moved. After he managed to move his bike and asking me what kind of bike, engine, etc etc I have. I just left without responding.
My mom was watching from balcony and said when he left the parking lot (after I was gone) he nearly rode into oncoming ttc bus on street.

This was 2 or 3 weeks ago. Not downtown though.

Do you have the Givi monokey mounts on your bike?
Something like?
images

Do you have the Givi monokey mounts on your bike?
Something like?
images
I got this from Revzilla,
  • Givi 364FZ Top Case Support Brackets FZ6R 2009-2014
  • Givi TE2110 Easylock Side Case Racks Yamaha FZ6R 2009-2015
One bag damaged by me sliding in gravel, the other by idiots pushing my bike over.
But this bags I got at GP and weren't meant to be touring bags due to small size. I've yet to buy another touring set.

I got this from Revzilla,
  • Givi 364FZ Top Case Support Brackets FZ6R 2009-2014
  • Givi TE2110 Easylock Side Case Racks Yamaha FZ6R 2009-2015
One bag damaged by me sliding in gravel, the other by idiots pushing my bike over.
But this bags I got at GP and weren't meant to be touring bags due to small size. I've yet to buy another touring set.
Ok. I have some extra Givi E41 cases that I don't need, but I don't think they would fit those racks.
One case is fine, the other case was damaged by me and just needs a few replacement parts to make it functional. I've been keeping them for parts in case I damage my current set, but doubt that I'll need them. If you think they will work on those racks, then let me know.

I thought bikes had to be parked parallel to the curb or up to 60 degrees from the curb in Toronto?

I knew one parking officer that used to ticket people who parked 90 degrees from the curb.

Looks like I have to carry a protractor with me now.

Last year on my way back from Tobermory I stopped by Sauble beach for 30 mins...around 7:30pm.
I was literally the ONLY car there as it was just past sunset.
I come back 20 mins later and find a parking ticket - its almost as if one of the houses there called the bylaw officer in on me OR he lived somewhere nearby

Turns out they want you to park you car with the front passenger side angled towards the curb.
Not the drivers side.
No backing in.

I took a pic and emailed the Office after finding their info after 2 hours of hunting online.
It wasnt worth my time driving ALL the way back to their court to contest it..thankfully they responded with this:

"Hello. I have reviewed the officer’s photo. You were parked on an angle but your angle was the wrong direction. I have cancelled the ticket and am mailing back your cheque."

F*ck that town and that parking officer in particular - ruined my drive back to Toronto that night.

Back
Top Bottom