Ottawa's new "Luxury Tax" on cars and boats | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ottawa's new "Luxury Tax" on cars and boats

No complaints here. I don't intend on ever spending that much on toys.

If you can afford a 100K car but a 110K to 120K car is going to cause you financial hardship then you probably need to leave yourself a larger financial safety net anyway.

Cars worth $99,999 and $xx,xxx in ‘value added service’ will become the norm.

Well off people are very good at finding ways around these things.

Also, if I lease a 150k car do I pay the tax if I’m technically only leasing 50-60% of the value?

There is the possibility of this becoming a creeping tax increase if the threshold doesn't go up with inflation.

That's the good point, inflation with the rates we have now can make all the difference. The truck I am hopping to get is about 75K now (used to be 65K just a year ago :( ) but with 8% sustained inflation it will be 101K in just 4 years....

here is "inflation calculator" for ya

In the meantime: "Hundreds of receipts and invoices released by the Privy Council Office (PCO) show that from Mar. 2021 to Sept. 2021, the average monthly cost on groceries and dining for the prime minister’s household reached $7,861."

In the meantime: "Hundreds of receipts and invoices released by the Privy Council Office (PCO) show that from Mar. 2021 to Sept. 2021, the average monthly cost on groceries and dining for the prime minister’s household reached $7,861."

family of 4 and with the staff he has... that doesn't sound too high.

Lmao redacted grocery bills for national security...

We know where they buy from... If we knew exactly what they bought.. someone could track it... and use that to cause harm to someone in the household.
If someone knew they bought certain food items every Wednesday... it's possible someone could taint those items on Wednesday morning... type of thing.

Be nice to know how many people this is feeding. If it's four, then it's very excessive, if it's one thousand, then it's dirt cheap.

I suspect there is entertainment involved there. :coffee:
As for the cars and boats ..not big stretch tho I;'m surprised private airplanes are not included.

family of 4 and with the staff he has... that doesn't sound too high.
His kids and ex-wife dont live in the same house anymore.. its been a few years like this .. that $7k is just for him...

He has special Montreal bagels flown in for him on a daily basis...

add this tax to the list of retarded "feel good" laws that our current government passed.

Cottages are a "toy" for the rich. Why no tax on them?

Back
Top Bottom