ordering helmets from Revzilla? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

ordering helmets from Revzilla?

There are few absolute truisms in life, but here's one.
Any helmet ordered online is guaranteed to be too big or too small.
Go to a shop in town, try it on and buy it if it fits.

That is the problem, no one carries this helmet in Canada. I would never consider ordering online otherwise.

Just don't. I tried it buy ordering a Shoei X-12 Kagayama since I couldn't find a place to try it on locally. I shipped it to the border and went to pick it up. Despite all my research indicating it was similar in shape to my former helmet (Nexx XR1R), it was just too small and too tight (meant for squished oval heads than my big round head). Had to drive back and return it from a local postal depot across the border.

If you are really serious about it, drive down to the States and find some motorcycle shop that has it.

That is the problem, no one carries this helmet in Canada. I would never consider ordering online otherwise.

Are you insisting on this specific helmet for the level of protection it offers or for the way it looks?
The same level of protection can be supplied by any number helmets.

I have a few DS helmets, a BMW Enduro helmet which is my favourite for comfort, fit and weight. I also have an Arai XD3 which I bought to replace my BMW Enduro helmet as it was getting worn out and the Arai was cheaper.

I love having a visor for in city. Basically I want the features I have in my Schuberth C3 Pro but in a DS helmet. The Nexx checks everything in that regard, problem is no place to look at one in person, which helmets so you can see those bits that feel cheap.

I may just go with a BMW GS helmet (replaced the Enduro model). Has everything but the drop down sun shield. I figure by the time I pay for shipping and if I have to return for a different size or any reason at all, I have paid pretty close to the difference in prices between the two helmets.

Have you checked out the new Schuberth E1? Sounds like it could be the one you're looking for.

Have you checked that the Nexx meets Ontario's requirements? They're different than in the states. Apparently the new BMW Enduro helmet is only available in Canada and Europe, as it does not meet US requirements.

Have you checked that the Nexx meets Ontario's requirements? They're different than in the states. Apparently the new BMW Enduro helmet is only available in Canada and Europe, as it does not meet US requirements.

The US only accept DOT certification while here DOT or ECE (among a couple of others) are valid.

With the price of gear in this country, even if you did get the helmet and it was the wrong size you'd have no problem shifting it as a BNIB helmet as long as you got a deal for it stateside.

Are you insisting on this specific helmet for the level of protection it offers or for the way it looks?
The same level of protection can be supplied by any number helmets.

Well as I said in a few previous posts, I am interested in the helmet because of the features it has, I could care less how it looks. There are no DS helmets on the market now that have the integrated com/audio and a built in, drop down sun shield. If I was simply going for a safe helmet I would not need to look to the states.

I have heard of the Schuberth E1, looks good and I already have a C3 Pro. The thing about the Nexx helmet is the price, it is significantly cheaper.

I am not interested in the Nexx helmet anymore, it sounds like the deal will not be that great, especially if I have to return it, I might as well spend more on a helmet I can get here. Also, having emailed the company a few times and not hearing anything back, it does make me wonder about any customer service the company might have.

I have a BMW Enduro helmet now, which is not legal in the US as it is not DOT approve, but ECE. I have worn it in the states many times without an issue, never met anyone who has had their helmet checked in the states, so not concerned about that.

If your going to buy from them do it soon as this is the latest on Revzilla
http://www.phillyvoice.com/report-cycle-gear-buy-philadelphias-revzilla-400-500-million/

Was just reading that on advrider. I have only purchased from them once and had it shipped to my sisters in PA. They have a great reputation for customer service and they have a fantastic variety of gear which I have not seen anywhere else. Not familiar with cycle gear, but hops are not high that they will maintain the good in revzilla... at least from the people I was reading.

Not going to be buying from them, going to stick with purchasing something in Canada.

I've ordered from them before. Had to return the boots which where too small. Got them sent to my US mailbox and then shipped it back using UPS in Niagara Falls. I think I paid the return shipping. Good company. I am going to my mailbox in a few weeks but will probably but my new helmet from GP bikes using the 20% discount offer from their new catalog. The dollar is too ******.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What other standards are legal here other than DOT and ECE? Any chance sg helmets are legal since they're the same as ece?

Last edited:
What other standards are legal here other than DOT and ECE? Any chance sg helmets are legal since they're the same as ece?

-> https://www.ontario.ca/laws/regulation/900610
The helmet referred to in section 1 shall conform to the requirements of the,
(a) Canadian Standards Association Standard D230 Safety Helmets for Motorcycle Riders and shall bear the monogram of the Canadian Standards Association Testing Laboratories;
(b) Snell Memorial Foundation and shall have affixed thereto the certificate of the Snell Memorial Foundation;
(c) British Standards Institute and shall have affixed thereto the certificate of the British Standards Institute;
(d) United States of America Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard 218 and shall bear the symbol DOT constituting the manufacturer’s certification of compliance with the standard; or
(e) United Nations Economic Commission for Europe Regulation No. 22, “Uniform Provisions Concerning the Approval of Protective Helmets and of Their Visors for Drivers and Passengers of Motor Cycles and Mopeds”, and shall have affixed thereto the required international approval mark. R.R.O. 1990, Reg. 610, s. 2; O. Reg. 102/12, s. 1.

Wonderings, touratech has a booth at the motorcycle show selling their helmet that I believe is the nexx helmet you want with there branding on it. I remember from when I was investigating getting it myself. They're also offering a coupon for 100 off it. There were 4 on display. Not sure about sizing but might be worth a shot.

Back
Top Bottom