ordering helmets from Revzilla? | GTAMotorcycle.com

ordering helmets from Revzilla?

wonderings

Anyone order a helmet from Revzilla? There is a helmet I am interested in but it is just not available in Canada, or at least anywhere that has it so I can try it on. Any extra duty and any issues with returning?

No issues. As long as you know the size then it's all good, if not you'll have to ship it back which would add to your total. Also, there is no tax/duty on safety equipment which helmet counts towards. If UPS charges you that, you can call them and they will refund the money to you once you fill out a form.

Tax can be applied to everything!

No kidding. I was a nice kick on the balls when I had something shipped to me via UPS. I got dinged for HST on it (ok, i figured this would happen), brokerage, then HST on the brokerage.

Never again have I had anything shipped to me via UPS, Fedex, etc. when I had the choice.

No issues. As long as you know the size then it's all good, if not you'll have to ship it back which would add to your total. Also, there is no tax/duty on safety equipment which helmet counts towards. If UPS charges you that, you can call them and they will refund the money to you once you fill out a form.

In the past when i ordered an agv helmet from the US maybe it was Revzilla, as far i remember i did pay brokerage fees. Isn't it a safety equipment like you mentioned?

In the past when i ordered an agv helmet from the US maybe it was Revzilla, as far i remember i did pay brokerage fees. Isn't it a safety equipment like you mentioned?
brokerage is different from duty. brokerage is something the shipping company charges you. duty is done by customs, if applicable. taxes is well, taxes

brokerage is different from duty. brokerage is something the shipping company charges you. duty is done by customs, if applicable. taxes is well, taxes

Correct. I ordered by Schubert form Europe, which showed up and FedEx had $$$ as duty, which when I called and asked about, they sent an email with a form. Filled it out and told them why it shouldn't be taxed. Refunded the money that I paid to the delivery guy. So yea, duty is what Customs Canada deems, brokerage is what Delivery company pays to get you your ***** "faster".

Got yah...so either way we always loose! Duty/taxes/fees... plus right now with the exchange, not really worth it.

Got yah...so either way we always loose! Duty/taxes/fees... plus right now with the exchange, not really worth it.
pretty much!

Have you tried https://www.canadasmotorcycle.ca ? You can return the helmet minus $7 on your refund amount.
I bought a new model helmet from them that wasn't available anywhere except GP bikes in Oshawa. It was going to cost me more than $20 in gas to get there and back, so I bought it from Canada's Motorcycles. The large was a bit big so I returned it via mail and got a medium instead.

Have you tried https://www.canadasmotorcycle.ca ? You can return the helmet minus $7 on your refund amount.
I bought a new model helmet from them that wasn't available anywhere except GP bikes in Oshawa. It was going to cost me more than $20 in gas to get there and back, so I bought it from Canada's Motorcycles. The large was a bit big so I returned it via mail and got a medium instead.

I have looked on the Canadian web stores, at least all I could find through google and none carry the Nexx XD1
http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/nexx-xd1-helmet-solid

Even emailed the company looking for a dealer, but no replies.

This is a very well featured dual sport helmet, have not seen any that have the same features I want in a dual sport helmet:
- slide down sun visor
- option for built in com/audio system

Nice lid. I bought my current lid from revzilla when the dollar was more favorable, lol. I Sent it up with a friend who was coming up to Canada.

Other option to avoid draconian third world fees is--- Maybe arrange for a few friends things to make drive worthwhile. 1 hour 10 minutes each way from Toronto to Lewiston exit.

Mailboxes etc or any other Niagara falls/lewiston drop location. $5 a parcel.... usaddressinc, etc.

BB

Last edited:
That's a great looking lid with a lot of features and the Nexx com package looks really good. When you add them up and throw exchange at it your just peaking over the edge of $1000. +- . That's less fun.

Check the European sites as Nexx is Portugese right? I was looking at that helmet too. Only things I don't like are:

The plastic tab closure on the face shield looks like an afterthought and seems cheap and fragile.

Reports are the peak won't deal with highway speeds and the connection points are reported to be cheap and plasticky.

This is a very well featured dual sport helmet, have not seen any that have the same features I want in a dual sport helmet:
- slide down sun visor
- option for built in com/audio system

I originally looked into this helmet when it was launched, and opted out. I went with the Shoei Hornet X2 instead. Works out to be a lot less but doesn't have the drop down sun visor (which I always thought looked kinda weird). It does have cut outs for speakers and is very easy to hide all the wiring, which makes attaching a com system less obtrusive and easier than ever. I did have to get a separate dark smoke shield, but the quick release shield of the X2 makes it super easy.

Not sure if you've ever used a DS helmet before but something to look out for when riding on the street at higher speeds is that the visor does not grab the wind. The Shoei has the best design for this. Most DS helmets are impractical and better suited for lower speed off-road.

Looking to get a RF1200 this month as well for my sport bike and multi-day trips on the GS. They offer a transition shield that automatically fades between clear and tinted as needed. If they bring this shield to the Hornet X2 (which I've heard is likely in the near future), your drop down visor will be resolved.

Using GPbikes promotions, you could score it for a lot less than the Nexx, even with an extra tinted visor.

Just something to think about.

Last edited:
I originally looked into this helmet when it was launched, and opted out. I went with the Shoei Hornet X2 instead. Works out to be a lot less but doesn't have the drop down sun visor (which I always thought looked kinda weird). It does have cut outs for speakers and is very easy to hide all the wiring, which makes attaching a com system less obtrusive and easier than ever. I did have to get a separate dark smoke shield, but the quick release shield of the X2 makes it super easy.

Not sure if you've ever used a DS helmet before but something to look out for when riding on the street at higher speeds is that the visor does not grab the wind. The Shoei has the best design for this. Most DS helmets are impractical and better suited for lower speed off-road.

Looking to get a RF1200 this month as well for my sport bike and multi-day trips on the GS. They offer a transition shield that automatically fades between clear and tinted as needed. If they bring this shield to the Hornet X2 (which I've heard is likely in the near future), your drop down visor will be resolved.

Using GPbikes promotions, you could score it for a lot less than the Nexx, even with an extra tinted visor.

Just something to think about.

I have a few DS helmets, a BMW Enduro helmet which is my favourite for comfort, fit and weight. I also have an Arai XD3 which I bought to replace my BMW Enduro helmet as it was getting worn out and the Arai was cheaper.

I love having a visor for in city. Basically I want the features I have in my Schuberth C3 Pro but in a DS helmet. The Nexx checks everything in that regard, problem is no place to look at one in person, which helmets so you can see those bits that feel cheap.

I may just go with a BMW GS helmet (replaced the Enduro model). Has everything but the drop down sun shield. I figure by the time I pay for shipping and if I have to return for a different size or any reason at all, I have paid pretty close to the difference in prices between the two helmets.

Correct. I ordered by Schubert form Europe, which showed up and FedEx had $$$ as duty, which when I called and asked about, they sent an email with a form. Filled it out and told them why it shouldn't be taxed. Refunded the money that I paid to the delivery guy. So yea, duty is what Customs Canada deems, brokerage is what Delivery company pays to get you your ***** "faster".

That is very interesting... I was going to order a Schuberth from Europe as well, but when I go to the CBSA website to estimate the duty I'd have to pay, the estimate certainly isn't $0. http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/travel-voyage/dte-acl/est-cal-eng.html

Then I found this chart: http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/trade-commerce/tariff-tarif/2015/html/00/ch65-eng.html

It seems that Article 6506.10.10 for Other headgear, whether or not lined or trimmed. - Safety headgear - Football helmets; For firemen; For mountaineering and climbing; Industrial safety helmets; Lead-impregnated or lead-lined, for X-ray operators; Other protective headgear, athletic is indeed free,

However, if it is claimed as Article
6506.10.90 for Other headgear, whether or not lined or trimmed. - Safety headgear - Other then there is a 8.5% duty.

Do you remember which HS code you claimed to get your helmet duty refunded?

That is very interesting... I was going to order a Schuberth from Europe as well, but when I go to the CBSA website to estimate the duty I'd have to pay, the estimate certainly isn't $0. http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/travel-voyage/dte-acl/est-cal-eng.html

Then I found this chart: http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/trade-commerce/tariff-tarif/2015/html/00/ch65-eng.html

It seems that Article 6506.10.10 for Other headgear, whether or not lined or trimmed. - Safety headgear - Football helmets; For firemen; For mountaineering and climbing; Industrial safety helmets; Lead-impregnated or lead-lined, for X-ray operators; Other protective headgear, athletic is indeed free,

However, if it is claimed as Article
6506.10.90 for Other headgear, whether or not lined or trimmed. - Safety headgear - Other then there is a 8.5% duty.

Do you remember which HS code you claimed to get your helmet duty refunded?

Just looked at the code in my email: HS code of 6506101090.

There are few absolute truisms in life, but here's one.
Any helmet ordered online is guaranteed to be too big or too small.
Go to a shop in town, try it on and buy it if it fits.

Back
Top Bottom