Online purchase Q | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Online purchase Q

I bought a windshield for my Ducati Scrambler from Amazon. Cheaper than normal ($35), but not the cheapest ($20) and it came in fairly fast.

Tried to install, and the clip wasn't fitting regardless of what I tried. The hole needed to be larger to fit the cable from the turn signal lighting.

Emailed them and they recommended the following, with my response each time:

1. Modify the part -> No
2. Modify the bike -> No
3. Return on my dime -> No
4. Find another shipper so it's cheaper to return -> No
5. Find another buyer -> No

I told them time and again 'this is your problem, the part does not fit the bike. I'm not modifying it, I'm not dealing with it. Send me a label and refund my money.'

After a week of back and forth, I got fed up and contacted Amazon and the cost was refunded within 12 hours to my account, with the seller telling me 'hold on to it and we'll send instructions on returning it as our warehouse isn't set up for refunds.' -> OK

That was 5-6 months ago, the part is still in my garage in the box waiting for instructions.

It's not worth to ship back for them, so they won't don't worry about it and just want you to give up.

That's unfortunate...I dealt with Bayshore years ago (like 2015/16, can't remember exactly) with the purchase of a jacket that I couldn't find ANYWHERE ELSE...they were great to deal with back then...hopefully you can get your withheld funds back...good luck!

More to the story…..

Contacted Pazzo to enquire about anodizing matching etc if the lever was exchanged and then contacted them again when the circus came to town from Bayside. They were very apologetic when they heard what had happened and they offered to send out a pair of levers and match Bayside’s pricing despite not selling direct to the public. They did that. Correct levers arrived in 3 days with a box full of free swag with follow up from the company.

Pazzo are fantastic. Bayside….not so much.

Last email from Bayside again reiterated I’m banned for life as a customer. Which is odd because that’s not really the sanction they think it is under the current circumstances. Also that I should take responsibility for buying the wrong items etc. Really quite amusing.

Edit: Pazzo apparently do sell to the public. It’s the price matching they don’t usually do.

Last edited:
That's unfortunate...I dealt with Bayshore years ago (like 2015/16, can't remember exactly) with the purchase of a jacket that I couldn't find ANYWHERE ELSE...they were great to deal with back then...hopefully you can get your withheld funds back...good luck!

Need to be careful…this is Bayside Performance I’ve been dealing with out in BC somewhere.

Thanks for the head up.
Will keep this in mind if I am ever looking for anything that they are offering. Will most likely pass on purchasing from them.

It’s how a company behaves when there’s an issue that’s more important than how they behave when there isn’t. I’ve had absolutely stellar service from GP bikes before and also a number of places in the US.

Example…booked a service with GP early in the morning, ride there from Kingston (1.5h) and waited for 2h in the waiting room. Got called to the desk and they were very apologetic and told me they didn’t have the correct tool to do the service. Eventually the manager heard as I was a bit peeved and arranged to drive to Kingston from Oshawa, pick up my bike, perform the service and then deliver it back on their own dime. That…is incredible customer service that I very much appreciated and appreciated even more how they owned the situation. I’m a customer for life there because of that.

Second issue..bought a helmet from the US. Issue with visor. Merchant says “cut the chinstrap off, send a pic, we’ll send a new helmet”. Helmet arrives…followed by a second. I called to tell them they gave me two by mistake and they said just keep it for the trouble.

lol banned as a customer.

i hope you post a negative review every place possible.

looking forward to the reddit.

I have some reasonably free time on my hands this summer and a bunch of bike forum memberships I need to revisit. I told the owner at Bayside I’d be giving an account of my customer service experience on forums across North America and the reply was “we appreciate the free publicity”…which I seriously, seriously doubt they will. Ah well, I really hope it’s worth the $70.

lol banned as a customer.

i hope you post a negative review every place possible.

looking forward to the reddit.
While 100% funny, I've actually had to "fire" customers before due to their behavior.
Also seen 100's of video's of customers that really need to be banned...

While 100% funny, I've actually had to "fire" customers before due to their behavior.
oh i'm sure there are.

I'm just more amused that the only reasonable person in this situation appears to be the one getting it from both ends. "taking your money and banning you. thnx for the free press kthnxbai!'

Totally agree that there’s idiots out there that deserve the silent treatment.

My story is as posted. No embellishment, you can make up your own mind. If I’m in the wrong then fine. However, the supplier of the actual parts and others don’t think so.

Here’s how it could have been fixed for minimal headaches leaving to a parting of ways that was totally amicable:

Our website says the parts fit your bike but they don’t? Here’s a paid label, send it in for exchange and we will sort it out and amend our website to match the parts suppliers.

Done.

Totally agree that there’s idiots out there that deserve the silent treatment.

My story is as posted. No embellishment, you can make up your own mind. If I’m in the wrong then fine. However, the supplier of the actual parts and others don’t think so.

Here’s how it could have been fixed for minimal headaches leaving to a parting of ways that was totally amicable:

Our website says the parts fit your bike but they don’t? Here’s a paid label, send it in for exchange and we will sort it out and amend our website to match the parts suppliers.

Done.
Pazzo not selling direct is new... I bought direct from them May 2023. Great guys to deal with.

I have dealt with Bayside many times and not had an issue. In fact, they just tracked down a helmet for me that no one in Ontario could.
It arrived last Friday.

That being said, I have never had to return anything to them.

Always hate to see stories like this. We have very few good vendors in Canada for motorcycle gear.

*edit - Pazzo still sells direct. I just added levers to my cart.

Last edited:
Pazzo not selling direct is new... I bought direct from them May 2023. Great guys to deal with.

I have dealt with Bayside many times and not had an issue. In fact, they just tracked down a helmet for me that no one in Ontario could.
It arrived last Friday.

That being said, I have never had to return anything to them.

Always hate to see stories like this. We have very few good vendors in Canada for motorcycle gear.

*edit - Pazzo still sells direct. I just added levers to my cart.

I did not know that. Just thought that as they had dealers they were just suppliers. Either way I’d buy direct from them rather than the alternative.

Back
Top Bottom