One-Armed Motorcycle Rider, He Even Does Wheelies | GTAMotorcycle.com

One-Armed Motorcycle Rider, He Even Does Wheelies

Pegassus

Site Supporter
I have always wondered if this could be possible and I got my answer. This guy is amazing. But how? Well I guess he doesn't uses his front brakes ever.

-
-

I have always wondered if this could be possible and I got my answer. This guy is amazing. But how? Well I guess he doesn't uses his front brakes ever.

-
-

He has to have some kind of linked brake set up. He may never use back brake.

Sent from the future

I wonder what rigging he has installed on that thing for him to be able to ride it. You need 4 limbs no matter what, unless the brakes of one of the tires is sacrificed.

When I worked at this taxi fleet supercenter I was suppose to fill up taxis with propane and move them away, around 60 of them. One day I saw this crippled taxi driver with NO legs getting into his wheelchair and rolling away. How the hell does he drive with no legs? Once I got inside the taxi it had this joystick which mechanically controlled the gas and brake pedal. It was simple and pure genius. You moved the joystick forward and the gas pedal would get depressed. You moved it backwards and the brake pedal would get depressed. You released it and not touch it and the car would just iddle slowly forward.

You can see the two separate levers on the right bar in the thumbnail. There are also a bunch of options for combined levers, like Dual-Lever and the Clake 2. Lots of regular professional racers also use a rear thumb brake these days.

Up-and-down quickshifter technology is now commonplace, and can be hooked up to a push-button instead of a foot lever pretty easily.

There are a couple of one-armed guys doing regular trackdays posting over on r/Trackdays.

Mattia Pasini has nerve damage in his right hand and runs the front brake lever on the left bar, and still challenges for top 10 finishes whenever he gets a chance to run a wild-card entry in Moto2.

Back
Top Bottom