Old Engine Oil & Fluids Disposal | GTAMotorcycle.com

Old Engine Oil & Fluids Disposal

check with your municipality for hazmat disposal site
some garages will also accept sealed containers of waste oil

Haha, I'll tell you what not to do. Once I got the bright idea of burning off a few litres using a paper towel as a wick. I don't remember how long it took, but it was more than a day. Now I store it up and take it to municipal hazardous waste station every few years.

ALL garages have a bulk oil disposal - just ask around your neighborhood.

yes, but some of them don't want you poking around behind the shop for liability reasons
some will let you just drop the bottles and have one of their guys dump it

I just use my empty oil containers to hold the waste oil and drop it off at the municipal hazardous drop off site every once in a while.

I think all Canadian Tire locations with auto-service centers accept used lubricants.

yes, but some of them don't want you poking around behind the shop for liability reasons
some will let you just drop the bottles and have one of their guys dump it

The service station sells that used oil to a recycler, usually Cleanflo, and it cannot be contaminated or Cleanflo will never buy used oil from that service station ever again, so it is in the best interest to the service station to be aware of what is going in that used oil tank. Everyone I know puts a lock on that tank.

CanTire takes used oil, usually 4L at a time. The Hazardous or Enviro depots take some or all. I save it up and drop it off every couple of years when I'm going by.

Same here, I save it up and then do a transfer station run about once a year - they take it (as well as other hazmat, oil filters, paint, tires, batteries etc) for no charge, and they dispose of it all correctly.

Peel Region Community Recycling Centers. http://www.peelregion.ca/waste/community-recycling-centres

I have an old steel 5 gallon pail that I put used oil in, and when it's nearing full, it's off to the recycling station along with whatever old batteries, coolant, burned out fluorescent bulbs (which contain mercury), and other such crap have accumulated in the meantime.

When I was 16 I changed the oil in my xl250r. When done I poured it in my dad's flowerbed. Killed everything and he was so mad! I was like "well it comes from the ground, it can't hurt."
I'm much smarter now.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

City of Toronto has a "toxic taxi"

They will come to YOU and remove any hazardous waste.

https://www.toronto.ca/311/knowledg...hw-toxic-taxi-pick-up-scheduling-pick-up.html

That's a good idea, a few strange rules though.

Water/Paint residue from cleaning brushes is HHW (This one makes sense if we are talking about solvent, but amount of water required to fully clean brushes of latex paint makes this approach impractical)

If requesting pick-up of fluorescent tubes only, a minimum 20 tubes is required. Please note: Quantities of fluorescent tubes in excess of 40 may not all be picked up in one day. (Why do in one trip what you can do in two? Bureaucracy at its finest. How about when ordering the taxi you give approximate quantities and they bring a suitable vehicle to pick it up)

Got rid of mine and some old jugs of Antifreeze at my locate garbage site. they have a household and hazmat drop off area.

Back
Top Bottom