oioioi is a StromTrooper | GTAMotorcycle.com

oioioi is a StromTrooper

oioioi

Site Supporter
So yeah...... this happened over the weekend.
After months of searching and wanting once since I came across them in 2006, I finally found one..... and its mine.

Not the best picture angle but those who know will know her by name...
2020 Vstrom DL1050XA

😁😁😁😁😁😁😁

1664245573494.png

Congrats! Quite rare to see the 1K-Strom vs the Wee.

Although Stroms do seem to be over-represented on GTAM. Seems like one out of every two riders on here is a Stromtrooper...
Thank you.
I suppose that's that you get when you make a reliable all rounded bike.

I suppose that's that you get when you make a reliable all rounded bike.

You're not wrong. I rode one for a summer:

IMG_2461-XL.jpg

just tryin' to fit in 'round here...

I've had 3 - congrats- love the colour. √
StromTrooper a very good site for information and they encourage riders to stay even if not owning a V-Strom anymore.
Yup. I'm on there.
Checked my profile and it looks like I have been lurking around since 2007. Lol

Thank you everyone

Had the 1st year DL1000 in 2002.

It had the clutch 'chudder' so had to replace the basket but after that, ran well for the next 5 yrs. Bought a NC750 this past spring but am keeping an eye on a Vstrom upgrade hopefully next year. Let us know your thoughts on yours over time.

After months of searching and wanting once since I came across them in 2006, I finally found one..... and its mine.

2020 Vstrom DL1050XA

😁😁😁😁😁😁😁

View attachment 57676
Fantastic! wasn't expecting this in thread, I guess I don't know my terminology.

Curious is it new but inventory sitting around, and if so you went this way because the used market pricing was outta wack compared to the difference of vs buying newer?

Last edited:
Fantastic! wasn't expecting this in thread, I guess I don't know my terminology.

Curious is it new but inventory sitting around, and if so you went this way because the used market pricing was outta wack compared to the difference of vs buying newer?

That's as far as my star wars terminology goes.

As for the bike.

It's a used private sale. 2020 model.
However the PO did only buy it last year so it was new but old stock. This is why it still has 4 years warranty. Even came with a GPS from the dealer.

I found what I thought was a really good deal on it back in the summer and just recently followed up with the seller and he caved in to sell this time around .

From my research of Kijiji and seeing 1-2 at a dealer. I saved about $5000 from similar year/model at a dealer. Not to mention a crap load on tax.

That's as far as my star wars terminology goes.

As for the bike.

It's a used private sale. 2020 model.
However the PO did only buy it last year so it was new but old stock. This is why it still has 4 years warranty. Even came with a GPS from the dealer.

I found what I thought was a really good deal on it back in the summer and just recently followed up with the seller and he caved in to sell this time around .

From my research of Kijiji and seeing 1-2 at a dealer. I saved about $5000 from similar year/model at a dealer. Not to mention a crap load on tax.
Sweet, congrats. Just in time for some fall riding adventures! (y)

2020 Vstrom DL1050XA

😁😁😁😁😁😁😁

View attachment 57676

congrats!
the XA has the modern electronics as well (I think)

So the fz6 is finally gone?
Lord I hated that bike.

Enjoy the instant torque

congrats!
the XA has the modern electronics as well (I think)

So the fz6 is finally gone?
Lord I hated that bike.

Enjoy the instant torque
Thank you .
Yes the XA has all the electronic features.
(Cruise control, ABS, traction control, hill assist, IMU plus something else I am probably forgetting)
I believe the XAA came with factory side cases and possibly crash plate.

FZ6 still in the garage but hoping to get rid of it this season still.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom