oh... it gets worse. | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

oh... it gets worse.

never understood how these "do it all" companies get so skilled. from paint to plumbing.

I spent 30 years learning one trade, and I'm still learning, but these guys do everything, even countertops!
They have every trade covered by different employees. Think they must be the bottom of the barrel tradesmen.
They do everything, BUT NOT WELL.

@Hack & @Akshun, sorry to side track your post. Hope all works out well for you both.
Happy there is no serious personal injuries.

Thank you SunnY. So far it’s been a nightmare with insurance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you SunnY. So far it’s been a nightmare with insurance

Has their been a decision as to whom is picking up the bill for the bike yet or are they all still pointing at others?

Has their been a decision as to whom is picking up the bill for the bike yet or are they all still pointing at others?
It wasn’t insured yet right?

It wasn’t insured yet right?
That's the question. He had insurance on a bike that was stolen and it paid out and this was the replacement. He hadn't told them about it yet. As he just bought it, does bike insurance carry over as it's within the 10 day window (maybe not as the old policy paid out and was closed?)? It is trailer contents? If so is that his vehicle policy or home insurance policy?

That's the question. He had insurance on a bike that was stolen and it paid out and this was the replacement. He hadn't told them about it yet. As he just bought it, does bike insurance carry over as it's within the 10 day window (maybe not as the old policy paid out and was closed?)? It is trailer contents? If so is that his vehicle policy or home insurance policy?
Interesting.

My suspicion is he will just have to make a claim of value for damaged property. If it was not insured then no fault doesn’t apply and the person(s) found at fault insurance companies will foot the bill?

My old bike is still on policy as i told them this was going to be the replacement bike.

Still they reviewing it. They keep saying to wait or call back.

As for my SUV; the tow yard that came on site seems fishy… 5 Star Collision. They made all of us sign what was said to be something for insurance appraisal purposes.
My insurance says the tow yard won’t release it to them without a $2500 as what we signed was a work order. Plus they said that I would have to deliver a seizure letter by hand yo the tow yard etc. So now Im just waiting….

Hey, just so we're clear...
I was pushed...
'Only one charged was the driver of the truck that hit me.
You were lucky I know people who had that happen and they were also charged with following too close even though they had a nudge.

You were lucky I know people who had that happen and they were also charged with following too close even though they had a nudge.

No luck involved.
Evidence and testimony man...
Evidence and credible testimony.

You wouldn't have to to be an expert MVC reconstructionist to figure out what happened.

Well that's it then... 14 days from initial claim to settlement.

'Sad to see the Team Hoser-Mobile gone, but... I hope Akshun and his Friend M. get their claim(s) sorted out easily.

Well that's it then... 14 days from initial claim to settlement.

'Sad to see the Team Hoser-Mobile gone, but... I hope Akshun and his Friend M. get their claim(s) sorted out easily.
Vehicle settlement or that includes money to put Hack back together again?

In the event of a claim pay out, your insurance still continues until the expiry date of the policy or they send a registered letter of cancellation of a date prior to expiry. So even when the vehicle that was involved in a collision, you still have coverage. Including the replacement vehicle.

In this case, the vehicle wasn’t being ridden. It was in a trailer. So, I’m not sure if it follows under the auto policy towing the trailer and bike? Or if the bike insurance itself will cover it. I think because it was in transportation, it’s handled differently. In any event, it will be covered. They might have a song and dance but, I’m the end they can’t deny coverage because they didn’t receive notice of the new bike. Double negative? Oh well written while drinking a nice single malt.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I would think whomever owns the trailer, their insurance covers content (unless insured otherwise).

Interested to see how all this plays out. Tow service having "work orders " on scene , that's new to me. The insurance companies having some head scratching , I can see that.

hope this works out favorably for all involved, what a shenannigan .

I would think whomever owns the trailer, their insurance covers content (unless insured otherwise).
Do you insure a trailer separately? Or is it covered under the car insurance when you’re towing?

Separate. Contents go under house insurance or specified.

I looked to insurance when trailering. Since it is track only I could not insure obviously, but I was looking for coverage specifically in a situation like OP - trailer gets tear ended then who pays for the non insured vehicle?

I was told if it was a riding lawnmower inside then my house insurance would cover, but it is a trackbike..so they said no even though they are both non licensed and motorized.

Interesting to see how this pays out

Keeping in mind I didn't read every post here so I may have missed an update but I asked an insurance PD supervisor with the initial info given here. The insurance on the vehicle hauling the trailer would pay for the damage to the bike as it would be considered contents damage and fall under dcpd rules as that driver isn't at fault (so long as the other vehicle was insured). It'll be considered a not-at-fault claim.
If it hasn't already been stated in the thread, in Ontario if there's a collision between two vehicles, say someone hits my car and they're at fault, my insurance still pays to fix my car (you'd think the at-fault drivers insurance would pay for both but that's not how it works in this province).

Back
Top Bottom