oh... it gets worse. | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

oh... it gets worse.

Was it your trailer/vehicle too, or just your bike? Crappy day either way. What bike was it? It is hurt or unknown?
The trailer was my friend. The Suv was mine as the bike. I literally just picked it up

Attachments

• 8E735A20-8559-4B70-89EE-9B89B7A25EAE.jpeg
    8E735A20-8559-4B70-89EE-9B89B7A25EAE.jpeg
    119.1 KB · Views: 108
  • 9293DEFE-1D71-4816-A717-0039185972D2.jpeg
    9293DEFE-1D71-4816-A717-0039185972D2.jpeg
    140.7 KB · Views: 105
  • F6AC31FF-DB79-42AF-B7DB-A0624D35058F.jpeg
    F6AC31FF-DB79-42AF-B7DB-A0624D35058F.jpeg
    134.7 KB · Views: 97
  • 32DF9F40-4A48-4410-B04F-BE83591B801F.jpeg
    32DF9F40-4A48-4410-B04F-BE83591B801F.jpeg
    141.6 KB · Views: 101
The trailer was my friend. The Suv was mine as the bike. I literally just picked it up
Well that sucks. So we've got at least three insurance companies, two destroyed vehicles, two damaged vehicles and a destroyed trailer because of a moment of inattention by the truck driver. How are bike and trailer damages claimed? I suspect your vehicle insurance picks up the trailer and your bike insurance picks up the bike? Make sure the dealer does a very thorough inspection, a lot of energy made it through to your pilot. See if you can include the wheel chock and straps somewhere too as they have taken a big hit and should be replaced.

The straps obviously held so that is positive. Did you have the ratchet handle closed before the crash? Always a good idea as it double locks the ratchet.

Well that sucks. So we've got at least three insurance companies, two destroyed vehicles, two damaged vehicles and a destroyed trailer because of a moment of inattention by the truck driver. How are bike and trailer damages claimed? I suspect your vehicle insurance picks up the trailer and your bike insurance picks up the bike? Make sure the dealer does a very thorough inspection, a lot of energy made it through to your pilot. See if you can include the wheel chock and straps somewhere too as they have taken a big hit and should be replaced.

The straps obviously held so that is positive. Did you have the ratchet handle closed before the crash? Always a good idea as it double locks the ratchet.
The bike wasn't under my bikes policy just yet. As i had literally just bought it. I think the Pilots policy might cover it all. Good idea about claiming chocks and straps, thank you. Bike was definitely tied down right.

At least the driver of the large truck got charged with careless. We will be getting police reports soon. Hack it is true we are lucky that your pickup took brunt of that hit. It could have been far worse. New bike has broken rear passenger peg bracket, fender/mudflap all busted and license plate shovel holder busted. My SUV they saying might be a write off. Le sigh lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeez.... It doesn't take much to write off cars these days... Your SUV "looked" okay, but.... I guess until they take a really good look, who knows what damage lurks unseen..?
'Just got off the phone with my ins. co. They determined just from what I described damage-wise that my F150 is a "total loss"...
I guess they enter the description of the damage along with other data and they're computer spits out a verdict... Lol.
Adjuster will call me soon... Can't wait to see the offer. :-(

It's been many years since I've had to deal with a claim... 'Last time it went very easy... 'Hope it's the same this time.

Jeez.... It doesn't take much to write off cars these days... Your SUV "looked" okay, but.... I guess until they take a really good look, who knows what damage lurks unseen..?
'Just got off the phone with my ins. co. They determined just from what I described damage-wise that my F150 is a "total loss"...
I guess they enter the description of the damage along with other data and they're computer spits out a verdict... Lol.
Adjuster will call me soon... Can't wait to see the offer. :-(

It's been many years since I've had to deal with a claim... 'Last time it went very easy... 'Hope it's the same this time.
Oh my. Hey at least we all came out ok. Whew! Hope your offer is good enough to replace the truck… it looked sooo messed up. Feeling sore today?

Oh my. Hey at least we all came out ok. Whew! Hope your offer is good enough to replace the truck… it looked sooo messed up. Feeling sore today?

True... But man I think you've suffered the most emotional trauma. I mean damn, new bike damaged... THAT has got to suck.

I think my ass is pretty nice though...
e9krZlU.jpg

The twist in the trailer hitch is concerning. Presumably that twist/tear is in the body of the SUV not the big metal pipe that is the hitch. Was akshun the front or did he get pushed forward into someone else?

True... But man I think you've suffered the most emotional trauma. I mean damn, new bike damaged... THAT has got to suck.

I think my ass is pretty nice though...
e9krZlU.jpg
I had just gotten out from surgery and hospital too. At least the wheel chair i had in the back survived lol.

No can help the Boston pizza guy! Is he even still around? Lol

Start your research now on replacing your truck @Hack

They’ll low ball you with a first offer and you need to show them that ‘no, your offer of X does not replace my truck which is comparable to these advertisements’

We didnt end up hitting anyone in front of us.

Attachments

• B037C542-2AD6-4E5D-8006-C65B4D044F48.jpeg
    B037C542-2AD6-4E5D-8006-C65B4D044F48.jpeg
    433.1 KB · Views: 63
This makes more sense now. Strap was over the passenger peg. I wondered how that got hurt. I wouldn't be surprised if your handlebars were hurt too.

The bar rotated downwards yup! I think it can be adjusted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey, just so we're clear...
I was pushed...
'Only one charged was the driver of the truck that hit me.

it’s always the last one in the conga line that gets nailed. We were in a 20 car pileup going to Grand Bend in the 60s. We were the second last car. The car that hit us was an OPP cruiser. Oops.

it’s always the last one in the conga line that gets nailed. We were in a 20 car pileup going to Grand Bend in the 60s. We were the second last car. The car that hit us was an OPP cruiser. Oops.
Unless one of the intermediate cars is moving at all. If so, they get 50% fault for everything in front of them. If you're going to get hit, make sure you're not rolling.

Back
Top Bottom