O2 boosting | GTAMotorcycle.com

O2 boosting

MacDoc

Site Supporter
Interesting I was on oxygen and my O2 was 97 post op which I never see ….low 90s.- 91-92
They tested without the O2 just now and I dropped to 87 so they put it back on…..
Have a ton of energy so might explore that aspect a bit more.

I noticed that I was consistantly low on the oxymeter - rarely reaching even 94 and too easily spinning into tachicardia on light exercise and breathless on climbing grades et.
No heart issues according to doc so.... :unsure:
Have't smoked in 5 decades....

Then this 97% showed up with the O2 in ( have it now )....so now considering what to look into
Thoughts?

Is medical school on your horizon?

Damn. That's pretty low MD. I would definitely be investigating ways to keep that higher (either improve body or add supplemental oxygen). Being that low really zaps your energy.

That is a bad sign of a serious lung issue your O2 should never drop that low. Have they checked for pulmonary fibrosis.

Sent from the future

Are your lungs ok? When is the last time you had an x-ray done?

When my mum was deteriorating due to cancer, her O2 levels kept reducing as the cancer spread through her lungs. It was quite evident as you could see the discolouration of the lungs increase in coverage as the cancer spread over time via the x-ray scans.

Sorry for the frivolity before. I thought you could do with a bit of a laugh. I hope things are ok.

I take it the hospital is going through the list of possible causes?

Covid infections still can give lower O2 right now.

Remember 87 was post op (8 hours ago ) ..apparently common which is why it was continued tonight.
91-to 94 is my norm, still on the low side but not a worry.
However the energy level I'm getting from the 97 reading got me thinking.

My partner is 30 year nurse and not concerned with 90-94. She's at 96+ and an
Energizer Bunny - Wikipedia
Hopefully using the exercycle regularly will up the level but the energy aspect from say 92 to 97 is a surprise. I'm quite buzzy at 1.30 am after a long day with an operation and no other drugs....not even a coffee ....:cry: ..puzzled.

I recall during the height of the Covid reading about patients walking in with low readings indicating they should be dead.:eek:

Don't they put an oxygen mask on you when your level gets low?
That's what they do with me every time I'm post op. I was always low 80's after being carved up.

As per the boss:

If his SpO2 is obtained by a pulse oximeter, it is not a 100% reflection of arterial blood oxygen SaO2 which can only be obtained via arterial blood gas (needle in artery)

Continued

In the hospital, anyone with SpO2 greater than 92% is good
If he had surgery or was in bed for a long time, he might have a bit of atelectasis / lung collapse in the base of his lungs where it meets the diaphragm. To fix/re-inflate, do deep breathing exercises sitting upright

Continued
If his resting SpO2 oxygen is too low, less than 88%, he might need and might qualify for home oxygen which is sometimes a temporary
They should assess for home oxygen by an RT while he is still in the hospital, a cue to the health care team is inability to wean off supplemental oxygen

Had surgery 12 hours ago and oxygen post op ....when they removed the oxygen it dropped from 97 to upper 80s so they put it back on - not a mask ...just the nostril fitment.
They will test again in the am. It's energy bump that intrigued me.

Partner is 30 year nurse ....if I was staying below 90 on the home tester I/we take it further but a relatively low cost O2 booster for daytime I'd consider but they are $$.
To be continued...

I have seen riders with portable CPAP but don't really understand what that is all about :unsure:

Last edited:
It's energy bump that intrigued me.
"Energy" is burning carbohydrates, which requires oxygen. When your blood oxygen levels drop, your circulatory system prioritizes oxygen rich blood to your brain, at the expense of your muscles.
Do you have a pine forest close? Take a walk in a pine forest, the "PINE" smell relaxes the passages in your lungs, makes them more efficient.

Um post op in bed 🏥. and pines scarce in the tropics. Pseudoephredine is my go to for "boost" but curious about the effect on improved O2 :unsure:

New to me TriFlow device I get to keep ...use daily a few times for better O2

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom