North York Riders, Let's RIDE... | Page 17 | GTAMotorcycle.com

North York Riders, Let's RIDE...

hehe... YUP, that was us!
That was one of our first rides of that size this year. I've done 4 group rides so far for 2014.

We meandered around Old Finch, the Zoo and Twyn Rivers. Then we traced out a route up Reesor and through the round-about on Pickering Town Line and beyond to find ourselves at Musselman's Lake. It wasn't too long a ride, maybe just under 2 hours of actual riding for the round trip.

Another ride or two will happen this coming weekend for each of June 1st & 2nd. It is not set if we will do a similar ride, or maybe a ride up north of Orillia on the Saturday. The Sunday ride will definitely be a short, under 2 hours type of ride. I will have to confirm the plans in the next few days -- will firm up by Thursday evening.

And thanks for noticing us. Please check back on this forum to be filled in on what the mindset is for our riding group, or just post new questions/suggestions.

MR

Hey don't worry about it... I know we will see you out sooner or later. Bringing 'the lady' is cool. Maybe by example, anyone else looking to bring a passenger might see that your extra person might slow you down a bit. Always good to plan to arrive a bit earlier to minimize any regret.

Sunday will be another 2:30pm meet at the Tim Horton's at Morningside & Sheppard in Scarborough. [8129 Sheppard Ave E, Scarborough, ON M1B 6A3]

Saturday's ride is TBD (to be determined). If it is a GO for Orillia, the meet place will very likely change so as to not just favour the Scarborough folks (or Scarberians). And if we ride North, it will NOT be a 'business-trip' on either Hwy 400 nor on Hwy 48.

Comments are welcomed, and the discussion is open until we firm up the plans...

MR

Thanks for leading yesterday MustRider. It was a good ride and it was nice meeting & riding with you all :)

Thanks Bryantist. It was time and fun well spent. The group and the ride was really good! :thumbup:

I look forward to seeing you on another ride. If you are hopeful for the North of Orillia ride, and you are ready for let's say 300km (maybe 4 hours) for the day, you are likely to enjoy the trek. It will be with several breaks and gas stops. Departure time may be 9:00 am or 10:00 am.

BTW, the ride on Sunday was about 83km for the round trip.

MR

I can vouch for MustRider, he showed me the ropes when I was new years ago.

lol different Sid.

I hope 95teggy is up for a good ride on Saturday, June 1st... Dump in that battery and let's roll brother!

MR

Hey bornagainnewb, I would like to encourage you onto the Sunday, June 2nd ride. If you are at all unsure if you can make it, then enjoy a ride or two over the next week. Maybe we can see you for June 9th.

MR

Thanks Bryantist. It was time and fun well spent. The group and the ride was really good! :thumbup:

I look forward to seeing you on another ride. If you are hopeful for the North of Orillia ride, and you are ready for let's say 300km (maybe 4 hours) for the day, you are likely to enjoy the trek. It will be with several breaks and gas stops. Departure time may be 9:00 am or 10:00 am.

BTW, the ride on Sunday was about 83km for the round trip.

MR

Thanks, that sounds good. I don't know yet if I can make it for next weekend, but I'll definitely try to. I'm looking forward to riding with you guys again.

Thanks guys for the tips... won't be able to come out until early July. Gotta get ready for my trip driving out west in a week then onto the Southern States to Miami and then back home. That'll take about a month. Doing the father/daughter road trip.

Thanks for leading yesterday MustRider. It was a good ride and it was nice meeting & riding with you all :)

Thanks for leading MustRider, it was time well spent and a good route selection. Look forward to joining more rides with you all. I will keep my eye open for your update about Orillia.

Hey everyone, new rider from Barrie and would love to meet up in one of your rides. Specially one that goes to Orillia since it up this way.

I went for a ride with two other nice guys I met on a Facebook page they started "Northern GTA Sport Bike". They're planning a ride this Saturday, maybe we all can meet up at one point!

Reggie

I was just going to post that I wouldn't be able to make it on Saturday either. Going to celebrate my friends babies birthday. Twin babies. As for Sunday I'm a bit apprehensive since I seem to have strained my right wrist and I have limited mobility with it now. I've been icing it and I'll see how things go.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I might be a little late but wait for me. I have to go make a quick delivery on the way there.

Heading to meet at the Tim Horton's at Morningside & Sheppard in Scarborough. As posted, the meeting time is still 2:30pm.

MR

Sent from my SGH-T959P using Tapatalk 2

Sorry can't make it today either. Wrist still busted.

I could be down Sunday evening

Back
Top Bottom