noise restrictions at track | GTAMotorcycle.com

noise restrictions at track

vrus

So right now this zx6r has a muzzy slip on it. I understand Quebec tracks have a noise restriction on them. I'm not sure about Grand Bend.. Ohio.. etc that do. Do Muzzys and generally slip ons clear the noise restriction at Quebec, or will I have to install the default exhaust? I've never been to bogie !

Every track has restrictions is how hard they enforce it that is the difference. I seriously doubt a 600 with a ship on would fail anywhere.
I have a noise meter if you want to come by I would be happy to sniff it for you.

Calabogie has noise restrictions as well. My 05 1000 with a dented up full-system Arata did 89db at 20 feet at 8,000 rpm. Just if they tell you to "crack it," throttle it up smoothly. That's usually where people fail.

Every track has restrictions is how hard they enforce it that is the difference. I seriously doubt a 600 with a ship on would fail anywhere.
I have a noise meter if you want to come by I would be happy to sniff it for you.

Calabogie has noise restrictions as well. My 05 1000 with a dented up full-system Arata did 89db at 20 feet at 8,000 rpm. Just if they tell you to "crack it," throttle it up smoothly. That's usually where people fail.

So can we assume that Calabogie isn't covered by the phrase "every track". Or did the phrase "every track" look like it was going to stop you posting more "advice"? Not really. Nothing, yes nothing stands in the way of the Shaman advice.

I swear, you have advice for everything. Even where no ones asked for advice . You should run an advice column in the Toronto Sun. In First Nation tongue does Shaman mean "advice"?

To the OP, buy a $40 db dawg if you're concerned and carry it in your tool box. No one can say whether you're bike will or will not fail sound check without hearing it and sound testing it. Even measuring it with a meter isn't guaranteed success as the test conditions may vary from the way you test it. It will give you a bloody good idea but it isn't definitive.

The only place I ever had issues with noisy exhausts was Calabogie. I carry a db dawg in my toolbox which I fit for the first day of every new season at Calabogie. Last season I also lent it to a mate so he could use it his first day at Calabogie.

Last edited:
I swear, you have advice for everything. Even where no ones asked for advice . You should run an advice column in the Toronto Sun. In First Nation tongue does Shaman mean "advice"?

Seems you're right there with me, so what does that say for you? I had a piece of advice to give regarding sound testing... I related it. This *is* a discussion forum, amirite?!

So can we assume that Calabogie isn't covered by the phrase "every track". Or did the phrase "every track" look like it was going to stop you posting more "advice"? Not really. Nothing, yes nothing stands in the way of the Shaman advice.

I'm just shocked there wasn't a photo of the exhaust, the bike, him on on the bike and then his best laptimes.

Hahaha... you really are a knot of arseholes.

Seems you're right there with me, so what does that say for you? I had a piece of advice to give regarding sound testing... I related it. This *is* a discussion forum, amirite?!

I felt, and I hope the OP felt also, that my advice was useable. Your advice said

look at me, look at me, look at me, look at me, look at me, look at me, look at me, look at me, look at me, look at me, look at me, look at me, look at me, look at me, look at me, look at me, look at me, look at me, look at me, look at me, look at me, look at me, look at me, look at me, look at me, look at me, look at me, look at me, look at me, look at me, look at me, look at me, look at me, look at me, look at me, look at me, look at me, look at me, look at me, look at me, look at me, look at me, look at me, look at me, look at me, look at me, look at me, look at me, look at me, look at me, look at me, look at me, look at me, look at me, look at me, look at me, look at me, look at me, look at me, look at me, look at me, look at me, look at me, look at me, look at me, look at me, look at me, look at me, look at me, look at me, look at me, look at me, look at me, look at me, look at me, look at me, look at me, look at me, look at me, look at me, look at me, look at me, look at me, look at me, look at me, look at me, look at me, look at me, look at me, look at me, look at me, look at me, look at me, look at me, look at me, look at me, look at me, look at me, look at me, look at me, look at me, look at me, look at me, look at me, look at me, look at me, look at me, look at me, look at me, look at me, look at me, look at me...........................................................................

KNOCK IT OFF you two. We all know you don't get along. Ignore each other. That's an order!

So right now this zx6r has a muzzy slip on it. I understand Quebec tracks have a noise restriction on them. I'm not sure about Grand Bend.. Ohio.. etc that do. Do Muzzys and generally slip ons clear the noise restriction at Quebec, or will I have to install the default exhaust? I've never been to bogie !
I have a full Muzzy on my zx6rr and it is fine

Last edited:
I'm just shocked there wasn't a photo of the exhaust, the bike, him on on the bike and then his best laptimes.
Don't forget about the standard challenge to race him at shannonville .... zx steps back now

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom