No show demo | GTAMotorcycle.com

No show demo

bobbyh

Well not exactly a no show,more of a no go. Went to the last H-D demo for the 2014 Harley's (rushmore) up in Peterborough this morning. The fancy rig was there but they wouldn't unload,officially because of threat of rain,and left before the event start time. Rumor has it that they've had such a time with the clutches that they decided to scrap the last event. Didn't rain till noon by the way.

Well that manages to looks bad whether they're lying or telling the truth. Scary scary rain! Ooooooooh!

Granted, some riders refuse to ride in the stuff, but surely the brave HD staff test pilots should be able to handle taking some bikes out of a trailer in a little October spittle.

Does Corporate know about this? Heads are gonna roll! Or. Even if it saved one life it was worth it.

Harley demo's, because they are manufacturer sponsored and not set up by the dealership themselves, have more thorough insurance policies so I've been told.

This is why:

A/ insurance refuses to cover them if it is raining

B/ Why dropping a bike at one of these manufacturer demo days isn't going to amount to much, while at dealer demo days dropping a bike could amount to, well, the cost of the bike...

I went to a harley demo day last year and this is what they told me

I went to the Ride Motorcycles dealer for their demo day today, got to ride the new Hypermotard and the older model Triumph Daytona 675 tricked out with an arrow pipe and quickshifter. When I got there my first ride it was dry and half way through it started to rain lightly, then we went on a second ride while it was still raining.

So I guess the Harley guys probably just didn't want to clean the bikes again after being out in the rain :lmao:

Well not exactly a no show,more of a no go. Went to the last H-D demo for the 2014 Harley's (rushmore) up in Peterborough this morning. The fancy rig was there but they wouldn't unload,officially because of threat of rain,and left before the event start time. Rumor has it that they've had such a time with the clutches that they decided to scrap the last event. Didn't rain till noon by the way.

A friend got the '14 street glide special. "Do Not Ride" recall - Clutches bad and could completely fail apparently. Yay HD!

Was going to head to the HD demo day in Kitchener today. I suspect the same thing if this is true. :(

Any rain hits the ground, the ride's over. That's their policy...

If rain was expected, they probably figured there was no point unloading and setting up...

I wasn't going to say originally,but I think this was the problem more than rain. Some of the old dogs that were there early seemed to strongly suggest this was THE problem. That being said,and if that's the case,why didn't they just cancel the whole thing ahead of time and save everyone the trip. Mechanical issues are something most riders can accept . B.S. and covering one's behind is disrespectful.

Why even waste gas driving the trailer out there then? To say they did it? To taunt people?

Very strange. Every Harley demo day in Barrie is listed as rain or shine, and I've been on it in the pissing rain. The Ultra with standard windshield has awesome weather protection. Almost no need for rain gear above 60

Very strange. Every Harley demo day in Barrie is listed as rain or shine, and I've been on it in the pissing rain. The Ultra with standard windshield has awesome weather protection. Almost no need for rain gear above 60

Maybe that is why last year I saw a whole pack of harley riders in PA with no helmets doing 120 in the rain lol.

As if I needed another reason to laugh at Hardley Ableson.

Cheer up dude. Maybe one day you'll be able to afford one...

LOL!

You're right, I can't afford to own something that I don't want.

Hi folks. H-D Canada site has a do not ride and recall order out dated Oct16/13. Covers most 2014's.Must have been the issue.

Cheer up dude. Maybe one day you'll be able to afford one...

Maybe he can afford a HD just can't afford the time or effort of riding for 30 minutes and then wrenching for 3 hours..lol HD's come standard with tool chest/wrenches for roadside fixes. LMAO

Back
Top Bottom