New turbocharged V strom in the works | GTAMotorcycle.com

New turbocharged V strom in the works

As I was perusing bikes a couple weeks ago a guy tried to sell me a V-Strom. Really, really nice bikes. Lots of options. But man, that oil filter position has to have given a few people a bad day.

1606871004999.png

As I was perusing bikes a couple weeks ago a guy tried to sell me a V-Strom. Really, really nice bikes. Lots of options. But man, that oil filter position has to have given a few people a bad day.

View attachment 46072
Not mechanics. It seems like you could protect it reasonably easy and I like that it is easy to get to.

Did they ever fix the issue with the front plug not firing in the rain?

View attachment 46072
Never seen anyone smack one off, mot Vstrom riders install bash plates if they are going hard off road.

Not mechanics. It seems like you could protect it reasonably easy and I like that it is easy to get to.

Yes, very easy to get to for oil changes. I would rather have crash bars around it than just a bash plate though. Mind you, most of the ADVs I looked at seemed like the engine was just an afterthought, slapped in from a street bike, exposed coolant hoses and all.

Looks like it will be a turbocharged parallel twin, and with more ground clearance :eek: :love:

Interesting seeing how each manufacturer is trying to push their bikes past Euro 5 regulations.

Turbo-charging, increased displacement, larger cats, variable-valve timing... haven't seen a spate of development this rapid across so many manufacturers in a long time.

Used to be a new model year just meant new colours or decals.

"OMG, it comes in blue now?!? Let me sell the old one that was exactly the same but in a different colour, and sign me TF up!!!"

Never noticed an issue in the rain in the last 11 years.

My SV used to die in the rain until I bought an extender for the front fender to keep the spray off the front spark plug

I did have a Plymouth with a slant six that would stall going through large puddles.

Light rain has never been an issue for my SV. Moderate rain or worse and it’s down to firing on one cylinder and a PITA to ride. Haven’t put the extender on, last time I looked no one had them in stock and haven’t bothered since.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

Never had a rain problem. My first ride was Cornwall to a Toronto in a monsoon-like day, tired like a champ.

While I don’t enjoy rain riding, it never stops me, or the Wee.

Never had a rain problem. My first ride was Cornwall to a Toronto in a monsoon-like day, tired like a champ.

While I don’t enjoy rain riding, it never stops me, or the Wee.
Interesting. Obviously it's not a universal problem. I wonder if some years were immune or if it was a luck of the draw on parts tolerances.

Misfiring due to moisture is almost alway bad plug wires. Replace with a quality wire and boots and all should be good.

Back
Top Bottom