New (to me) Triumph Scrambler! | GTAMotorcycle.com

New (to me) Triumph Scrambler!

MaksTO

Just picked up another bike. Bit of a spur of the moment decision, but can't wait to be a little more comfy at higher speeds on my camping trips. First time with EFI since my CBR125 in my first year of riding, so I am excited to have a little less maintenance and more fueling consistency in that regard. A little more electronic bits than I'd like, but I guess I will have to learn a few things about that sooner or later.

She's a 2015, Midnight Blue, almost 30,000km. Really loving the silhouette - not too street, and quite close to the KLR as far as its uses. No single track, but looking forward to trying some wider dirt roads here and there when the opportunity strikes!

Anyone else here have an air cooled twin?? Doing an oil change as soon as I can go buy some Torx bits to remove the skid plate, and gonna shake it down on a road trip this coming week :)

Potato picture with my 2000 KLR in the back.

Scrambler-Lores.jpg

beautiful, congrats!

Very very nice! Congrats!

As I don’t really do too many long trips I had my eye on something similar.

Very very nice! Congrats!

As I don’t really do too many long trips I had my eye on something similar.
This bike made it to Newfoundland and back via the previous owner - so it seems you can do some miles on it! Rear suspension is stiff in the city, but I might try to adjust that.

Granted, it won't be as comfy as a goldwing, but likely less punishing than a KLR.

I'm ok with a little discomfort, as I actually prefer to do quite frequent stops to get gas, a drink, or chat with my friends on the way. I found myself doing mostly 100-150km stretches tops between little pit stops to get up and stretch. Keeps the ride a little more interesting too :)

I generally aim for 400-500km days, though hoping to build up the stamina to make it even a bit further.

Looking forward to draining this tank, as there's currently very old gas in there... Smells like nail polish remover :ROFLMAO:

Anyone else here have an air cooled twin??

Nice choice. Air cooled, EFI Thruxton here. Good bikes, reliable, easy to work on, lots of aftermarket parts available. A little on the porky side, but you'll become used to it.

Have a great ride.

Back
Top Bottom