New tires for new season 2020 - options, supplier, installer | Page 7 | GTAMotorcycle.com

New tires for new season 2020 - options, supplier, installer

Just bought 2 sets of Shinko 705s from Revco. One for the vstrom, the other for the DT - 4 tires delivered including tax and delivery $443.
Made the buy at lunch, just got notice they just shipped.

That's a good deal. My current set is Shinkos, they are toast.
I compared road 4s on Revco and Pete's beat them in overall pricing by 5$. Not that it matters much but given the option, I chose to save those 5 bucks and ordered from Pete's lol.

Edit: Shipping was fast, they used UPS. Ordered on Friday night and delivered by Monday afternoon.

Last edited:
That's a good deal. My current set is Shinkos, they are toast.
I compared road 4s on Revco and Pete's beat them in overall pricing by 5$. Not that it matters much but given the option, I chose to save those 5 bucks and ordered from Pete's lol.

Edit: Shipping was fast, they used UPS. Ordered on Friday night and delivered on Monday afternoon.
I normally ride Metzlers but they have gone crazy on prices - about double the Shinkos.

I'm going to see a lot of gravel roads this summer, hopefully the Shinko 705s work out.

Made the buy at lunch, just got notice they just shipped.
Well I think I made a mistake. The Revco website said the tires shipped from Sherbrooke (near Montreal) on the 12th, should have been here on the 15th. An update today says they are now scheduled for delivery on the 26th.

They supplied a long tracking number but no carrier info until today. Today the supplied a Dicom tracking number, Dicom says the goods have not left Revco.

I'm ok with late. Not ok with delivering multiple bogus tracking numbers.

Last time I checked, the local Honda dealer matched prices (within $4) on a tyre.
So I ordered it, took the wheel in, and had it installed local.
It took less than a week total, even with them installing it backwards the first time.
Wheel has ABS sensors on it, and the tyre was directional.

Well I think I made a mistake. The Revco website said the tires shipped from Sherbrooke (near Montreal) on the 12th, should have been here on the 15th. An update today says they are now scheduled for delivery on the 26th.

They supplied a long tracking number but no carrier info until today. Today the supplied a Dicom tracking number, Dicom says the goods have not left Revco.

I'm ok with late. Not ok with delivering multiple bogus tracking numbers.
Latest...

Contacted DICOM this morning, but they still had not been handed the package. Contacted them a few minutes ago and it was handed over at
2:20PM today.

From Revco...
1652990757811.png

From DICOM:
1652990540445.png

Jeez, you can get stuff faster from Europe than you can within Canada?

I got a tracking number from Germany on May 5, and it arrived on the 16th.
Another from the Netherlands on April 19th and arrived on the 23rd. Only 4 days!
And now that I recall, an air filter from Italy also only took 4 days.

Jeez, you can get stuff faster from Europe than you can within Canada?

I got a tracking number from Germany on May 5, and it arrived on the 16th.
Another from the Netherlands on April 19th and arrived on the 23rd. Only 4 days!
And now that I recall, an air filter from Italy also only took 4 days.
I don't think this was shipping as the item was released to the carrier on the 19th.

They were ordered from Revco on May 11, they arrived yesterday, May 24. Can't say I'm thrilled with the turnaround time, but I'll give them another chance as their customer service was good.

I also ordered 2 tires from FortNine on May 11, they arrived May 13.

I don't think this was shipping as the item was released to the carrier on the 19th.

They were ordered from Revco on May 11, they arrived yesterday, May 24. Can't say I'm thrilled with the turnaround time, but I'll give them another chance as their customer service was good.

I also ordered 2 tires from FortNine on May 11, they arrived May 13.
I order tires from Pete’s Superbike in Montreal. They’re usually delivered within 3-5 business days at most, and they’re cheaper than anywhere else I’ve discovered.

I ordered a tire from GP Bikes last week. They matched Pete's price. They said it wasn't in stock so would have to order it from their supplier (Kimpex) and it might take a few days. It was at my door the next day!
Pretty sure all these vendors re-sell what is distributed by Parts Canada. I usually get the part # from the catelog and call GP or HD to get pricing, stock levels and when they can get it in. F9 sometimes has items in their own warehouse so it will ship quicker.

Ordered a rear tire and rotor to pass the safety on the VStrom. Getting a Road 5. Was told 2 day shipping. We'll see.

A friend ordered a tire from GP Bikes and it arrived 2 days later.

A friend ordered a tire from GP Bikes and it arrived 2 days later.
I think we get pretty good service from Pete's, Fortnine and GP. I' ve used them all for various things over the years. I try to order from Canadian vendors whenever possible.

A few years ago I ordered a set of Bridgestone tires from Pete's at about 1PM and they were delivered to my doorstep in Mississauga the next day at 10 AM!!!! Crazy fast, very impressive.

I order tires from Pete’s Superbike in Montreal. They’re usually delivered within 3-5 business days at most, and they’re cheaper than anywhere else I’ve discovered.
Gonna try them tomorrow. Friend needs tires for a big ST. I'll report on the turnaround.

Today I changed the tires on the FZ1 and slapped on some Road 5’s. The tires from the previous owner seem to be from around 2005 or 2007. The date codes are different than what I’m used to seeing so it’s not entirely clear, but they are at least 15 years old. They are Battalax BT021 Sport Touring in 180/55/17 rear and 120/70/17 front.

But anyways these tires still have lots of tread, with no visible cracking even though they are hard like old tires would be.

Anyone want them for burnouts or suggest another use for them?

Otherwise I’m gonna toss them.

B92D57E8-D983-4E97-A848-30DE4F69EC48.jpeg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom