New Stunting Penalties + E-Bike regulations incoming(?) | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

New Stunting Penalties + E-Bike regulations incoming(?)

I have noticed a significant number of heavy trucks doing more than that in the last little while.

I know that in my car, 107 km/h indicated is 105 km/h actual, which is what the trucks are supposed to be doing. Most do ... but a fair number are doing more than that nowadays.

I'm guessing enforcement of this has slackened.
I know of several trucks that the speed limiter can be over ridden in cruise control.

I know of several trucks that the speed limiter can be over ridden in cruise control.

All sorts of things can be programmed into a truck - it's actually amazing how much can be micro managed. But the MTO has devices that plug in to the OBD port and show all those settings in the ECM. If any of the speed related ones are over 105, it's a massive fine.

Anyone who spends a lot of time on the road for work will tell you that speeding is a major issue, and one that is growing at a rapid pace here in Ontario. Anyone who feels otherwise doesn't get out enough.

Completely true, and all those people keep their driving records squeaky clean because they need them to stay employed.

While most people who whine about the fines and how they need their cars for "work" could take the TTC.

Same with the people that want higher speed limits on the 401, then will still be trying to driver 30km/h over the new limit.

I say follow Germany's example, do 26km/h over and get a 30 day suspension. On any street.

Completely true, and all those people keep their driving records squeaky clean because they need them to stay employed.

While most people who whine about the fines and how they need their cars for "work" could take the TTC.

Same with the people that want higher speed limits on the 401, then will still be trying to driver 30km/h over the new limit.

I say follow Germany's example, do 26km/h over and get a 30 day suspension. On any street.
I say you should go live in Germany. And leave the laws here alone. And maybe get outta the city once in a while.

I say you should go live in Germany. And leave the laws here alone. And maybe get outta the city once in a while.

Everyone wants the privileges of European speed limits. No one wants the regulations that comes with those.

Like self-entitled children...

Everyone wants the privileges of European speed limits. No one wants the regulations that comes with those.

Like self-entitled children...
You have to start reading before commenting. It’s literally what we want.

That is why 26km/h over with 1 month suspensions bothers @gsxr guy ?
I was cruising back roads the other day. With the police behind me, at 130km/h on a nice twisty road with no houses or people. No one in danger but I should lose my license for a month. I never speed in residential areas. I go to the track regularly to keep my skills up where it is safe. I think no one should have a motorcycle license without lots of training, as in 4 weekends at least.

Bet you sooner then later, there will be zero tolerance for alcohol with the same or even higher automatic road side suspension and impound of vehicle (think MADD is supporting this). I believe special interest groups are lobbying the Ontario Government to enact harsher fines for their own economic and political interest under the guise of driver safety.

Bet you sooner then later, there will be zero tolerance for alcohol with the same or even higher automatic road side suspension and impound of vehicle (think MADD is supporting this). I believe special interest groups are lobbying the Ontario Government to enact harsher fines for their own economic and political interest under the guise of driver safety.
But skipping cell phones as there is no lobbying group with a vested interest in actual road safety.

The upside is you will have competing lobbying groups. Zero BAC would be the final nail in the coffin for many restaurants and bars.

But skipping cell phones as there is no lobbying group with a vested interest in actual road safety.
Is there not technology that can identify a cell phone moving at a certain speed (say 10 kph) and then lock out all hands on functionality as well as any non gps type display that would be distracting? If you can't make a hands on call or text message, or read a text message or any other type of social media would we not be eliminating 99% of current cell phone distractions?

Is there not technology that can identify a cell phone moving at a certain speed (say 10 kph) and then lock out all hands on functionality as well as any non gps type display that would be distracting? If you can't make a hands on call or text message, or read a text message or any other type of social media would we not be eliminating 99% of current cell phone distractions?
What if you're a passenger? What if you're on a bus or train? Lockout the ability to connect for all the people that chose not to drive?

Back
Top Bottom