New Rider Bike Help - BMW Roadster | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

New Rider Bike Help - BMW Roadster

Trials

Light cYcLe

You figure "I have some experiences with dirt bikes" and he's good to insure and Learn to ride street motorcycles for the very first time out with 165 horsepower motorcycle? :cautious: are you nuts?

Dang! i actually didn't even read that part in OP's post. I just skipped to reading that he was looking at the F900R. My bad! ;-)

I absolutely agree, for first time street riding the S1KR is a handful!

gtwcs14

Thank you everyone for your input. Ya, I was under the belief and common sense that the s1000r would be too much. I have read up on the modes and yes it could be put in rain mode to reduce the sensitivity and power. I guess it comes down to common sense. Even being in the mid 30's it still takes a lot of common sense to respect the machine.

I will continue on my research :)

J_F

gringo diablo
Site Supporter
relying on electronic aids to save your ass on more bike than you can handle is not a solid plan

sounds like you're thinking correctly OP
and 100 HP on Ontario roads is plenty

Trials

Respect the throttle is wishful thinking too, it takes skillful balance, throttle, clutch and brake control to operate a crotch rocket. (y) Start small and you will get there faster, start big and you will be a novice rider for a very long time.

gtwcs14

Respect the throttle is wishful thinking too, it takes skillful balance, throttle, clutch and brake control to operate a crotch rocket. (y) Start small and you will get there faster, start big and you will be a novice rider for a very long time.
Wise words

MacDoc

Site Supporter
OP - I'd say given your size a Vstrom 650 is a swiss army knife bike that can do very well in the twists, upright seating for good visibility commuting, enough juice to have fun and reasonable insurance.

Lots of late models around ...
1599336962884.png

You can't go wrong on this as a starter bike for your use. Ride it for a year or two then see where you settle ...hey you might even opt for

1599337117782.png

Top Bottom