new MT 10 deets | GTAMotorcycle.com

new MT 10 deets

bigpoppa

Sounds like its got some styling updates, a small performance upgrade, and they've tuned it for better sound

All of Yamaha's latest round of styling updates look weird, including this one. The MT-10 already looked weird though, so I guess it's a wash?

At least the R7 looks good

I see they've decided to move on from the Transformers face and have doubled down Triumph's 'angry robot insect' approach with LED strip eyebrows. I get that vehicles have faces etc., but when it's made so direct it just looks silly. (See also: the clocks on the Tracer doing a passable impression of Dr Eggman from Sonic the Hedgehog...)

Otherwise, nothing on the spec sheet is particularly interesting, but it's possible the light massaging might give it some decent character? I had high hopes for the new S1000R being something special, but reviews seem to suggest it's like the old one, just a bit more. I'm not expecting this to fight with the KTM and Aprilia for best-in-class, but if the price is right, it's still a lot of bike.

Shame about the eyebrows...

I see they've decided to move on from the Transformers face and have doubled down Triumph's 'angry robot insect' approach with LED strip eyebrows. I get that vehicles have faces etc., but when it's made so direct it just looks silly. (See also: the clocks on the Tracer doing a passable impression of Dr Eggman from Sonic the Hedgehog...)

Otherwise, nothing on the spec sheet is particularly interesting, but it's possible the light massaging might give it some decent character? I had high hopes for the new S1000R being something special, but reviews seem to suggest it's like the old one, just a bit more. I'm not expecting this to fight with the KTM and Aprilia for best-in-class, but if the price is right, it's still a lot of bike.

Shame about the eyebrows...
id still take the yamaha over the beemer tbh

Haven’t ridden the new 1kr but the 1krr is a huge improvement over the last one (my subjective hands on opinion). I’m looking forward to seeing what the R feels like, regardless of the journalistic opinions. I already have first hand experience of the motor and it’s a hoot.

id still take the yamaha over the beemer tbh
Maybe the SP version? Didn’t look at the specs but I assume no electronic suspension, etc.

its not the best looking but in my opinion, better looking than the old one.

Maybe I’m weird but I like those colours.

Not feeling headlight:

short-2.jpg

Turns out the SP version is coming to NA...it will have ohlins semi active and *checks notes* steel braided lines....Took them this long?

FFS Yamaha, can you just fire your design team already? I have never seen a manufacturer do such a 180 to the downside in styling.

Did a demo ride on an MT10 a few years ago and absolutely loved it, could never buy one cause it's so damn ugly.

FFS Yamaha, can you just fire your design team already? I have never seen a manufacturer do such a 180 to the downside in styling.

Did a demo ride on an MT10 a few years ago and absolutely loved it, could never buy one cause it's so damn ugly.

Got to agree with this one, esp. the color of the wheels.... bizarre. I guess the blurple wheels on my Tracer could have served as a warning as to what else might come down the pipe from Yamaha. This new MT10 has the same TFT display as mine, which I really like.

Nope nope nope.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

Also did a demo ride a few times ago..nice bike, but needs to be reflashed to rid the throttle cut...I own a similar FZ1, a pleasure to ride through the mountains, minimal shifting due to the enormous torque, just roll the throttle and enjoy 😉

Back
Top Bottom