New member here from Caledon | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

New member here from Caledon

I feel your pain. I did something similar on my 1982 Honda 450 Nighthawk. No windscreen and no earplugs - I was deaf by the end of the day. At least it could do around 160km - couldn't imagine 120km range:(
That was a 450 nighthawk. It could get ~180 km/tank with the valves adjusted differently but it was way more fun the way I had it. Way more power, pulled all the way to valve float, could power wheelie in the winter, good times, terrible fuel economy.

The Tuonos have an upright riding position, but you're relatively exposed to the wind. Only other thing which may be considered a negative are the somewhat "sport" rider position rear sets...

I have done 600ish Km in a day on my KTM RC8r at max. Highway droning is painful with the stock seat. 300km at once and my butt is done. I wear cycling shorts on days like that. Get me down to the Dragon or Cherohala Skyway, I can ride all day, as I'm moving around on the saddle.
Cycling shorts is a good idea

The small tank is probably a plus, gets you out of the position on a regular basis.
Huh? I can get almost 300km a tank if I do 115kmh (indicated) on the highway. 17 litre tank.

What’s the point of having an RC8r if you’re going to do 115km/h....on a boring highway!
Might as well pack it in and get a Harley, or a Smart car....

Maybe to get to a fun road full of twisties where you can play?

..Tom

..Tom
Don't mind Katatonic...
He's the friend that we quietly shove under the carpet when others arrive. ;-)

Last edited:

..Tom

His kickstand leans the bike more than he does so a sportbike is still an overkill!

Don't mind Katatonic...
He's the friend that we quietly shove under the carpet with others arrive. ;-)

I’m also the friend that you never put on speaker phone!
....or leave your bike unattended around!

Back
Top Bottom