New in Toronto (just moved here from Montreal) | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

New in Toronto (just moved here from Montreal)

Bienvenue! J'espère que t'auras pas trop de misère avec les assurances vu que c'est 100% privé (la SAAQ/Ministere des transport fait pas partie des couts totaux) pis dépendant de ou t'habites, ça pourrait couter pas mal cher!
Anyways i've done the ride once and it sucked (Toronto -> Montreal -> Quebec -> Toronto), i just wanted it to end.
Backroads can be niceish but takes forever so it still ends up sucking your soul in those last hours of riding all day lol.

I gotta say i dont know of a long haul dude for moto but if the SS doesn't work well for you (and your back) i have a few friends who went from SS to Naked (900cc and up) and they now wonder why they spent all that time on an SS

Greetings and Salutations

I just moved here a week ago after 4 years in Montreal (been riding 18 years now having ridden in Australia, Canada, India, Thailand and Indonesia). My bike is still locked up in the Excel Moto showroom, I was unaware that its actually legal to ride here in winter (illegal in quebec from december to march, even if there's no snow on the roads and its 30 degrees out, which never happens obviously)

I'm looking for some help/advice in transferring my bike from Montreal to Toronto once I find a place to stay, any recommendations for transport services and the general procedures that I need to go through (inspections and such). Also if anyone else has already gone through the whole shebang and has any tips. Hoping to start a new chapter in my life in Canada in a province that's hopefully a bit more friendly to bikers than Quebec - I paid 1800 a year for plates :( and also got $600 dollars of parking tickets for parking outside my own house when there was construction work going on during the lockdown, that's about half the price of my bike. It also led to an incident where I waited for the parking ticket car and chased him down and gave him a piece of my mind. Not that it helped but I'd like to put those times behind me :)

I look forward to riding on Toronto's non potholed roads that are not always under construction

P.S - please don't judge my TOCE exhaust, it was like that when I got it

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:
Bienvenue! J'espère que t'auras pas trop de misère avec les assurances vu que c'est 100% privé (la SAAQ/Ministere des transport fait pas partie des couts totaux) pis dépendant de ou t'habites, ça pourrait couter pas mal cher!
Anyways i've done the ride once and it sucked (Toronto -> Montreal -> Quebec -> Toronto), i just wanted it to end.
Backroads can be niceish but takes forever so it still ends up sucking your soul in those last hours of riding all day lol.

I gotta say i dont know of a long haul dude for moto but if the SS doesn't work well for you (and your back) i have a few friends who went from SS to Naked (900cc and up) and they now wonder why they spent all that time on an SS
gonna put it on a trailer and bring it back myself I guess. I'm 100% not riding it back on the highway again. Did the round trip once in summer and every time I overtook a truck it was a mixture of trying to get blown away from the truck or get sucked underneath it. Not worth it imo

why is the post above edited by a moderator:confused:
tldr version:
attention whore joined GTAM, asked for advice, got said advice but didnt like it, proceeded to throw temper tantrums and asked for her account to be deleted

I read that other thread where someone was saying they don't need classes to learn how to ride a 650 as a first bike because they can drive a manual transmission car...

i really have nothing to add tbh..
Don't forget that it was a 1946 Jeep Wrangler that she built herself. Disassembled it, then reassembled it... blindfolded too probably. So that she didn't have to read any instructions written by men.

Whats funny is, she could have just stopped using the site, but no, she had to publicly message paul to delete her account in a last defiant act of attentionwhoring

Nothing you did. Someone joined the forum, asked advice, didn't like it when the responses (correctly) indicated that they were on a wrong path and pointed them to a better path, replied to your thread in the process, and then left in a huff. It happens ...

Welcome.
dang what did i miss

Greetings and Salutations

I just moved here a week ago after 4 years in Montreal (been riding 18 years now having ridden in Australia, Canada, India, Thailand and Indonesia). My bike is still locked up in the Excel Moto showroom, I was unaware that its actually legal to ride here in winter (illegal in quebec from december to march, even if there's no snow on the roads and its 30 degrees out, which never happens obviously)

I'm looking for some help/advice in transferring my bike from Montreal to Toronto once I find a place to stay, any recommendations for transport services and the general procedures that I need to go through (inspections and such). Also if anyone else has already gone through the whole shebang and has any tips. Hoping to start a new chapter in my life in Canada in a province that's hopefully a bit more friendly to bikers than Quebec - I paid 1800 a year for plates :( and also got $600 dollars of parking tickets for parking outside my own house when there was construction work going on during the lockdown, that's about half the price of my bike. It also led to an incident where I waited for the parking ticket car and chased him down and gave him a piece of my mind. Not that it helped but I'd like to put those times behind me :)

I look forward to riding on Toronto's non potholed roads that are not always under construction

P.S - please don't judge my TOCE exhaust, it was like that when I got it
Welcome dude!

I had the 06 Raven R1, fine lookin bike before some asshats stole it.

We moved a friend's ZX10R on a rented kiddiegrabber van back in 06/07. Look into to Uhaul, all you need are some good canyon dancer type of tie down and she's good to go. Cheap and on your own time.

Pretty much rode all those countries except Indonesia unless you count Bali but that was just on some silly scooters :)

Back
Top Bottom