New HD 2021 Electra Glide Revival | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

New HD 2021 Electra Glide Revival

MV Agusta stay in business by selling limited runs. 150 of some special edition or another sells out online in a matter of minutes on a regular basis. Make a pretty bike, do a unique paint scheme, lather, rinse repeat.

Ferrari are the absolute masters, though.

MV Agusta stay in business by selling limited runs. 150 of some special edition or another sells out online in a matter of minutes on a regular basis. Make a pretty bike, do a unique paint scheme, lather, rinse repeat.

Ferrari are the absolute masters, though.
bit off topic, but a new guy has been hired to run MV north america, they plan on expanding, here's to hoping

Laidlaw has some good videos if umm you are doing some research on HD's ;) and otherwise.
I watch a lot of YouTube about everything, even stuff I have no intention to buy. So just imagine how much I’m absorbing about stuff I’ll spend cheddar on! ?

I watch a lot of YouTube about everything, even stuff I have no intention to buy. So just imagine how much I’m absorbing about stuff I’ll spend cheddar on! ?
YouTube can be quiet the rabbit hole. I try to avoid it for this reason. But it's helpful in others.

Have to admit there is one guilty pleasure I enjoy from there, which makes no sense to me, and it's watching these drag races at Farmer Lane, they sometimes have cars vs bikes, and sport bikes vrs cruisers, old vr new cars, something about it holds my attention ?‍♂️

bit off topic, but a new guy has been hired to run MV north america, they plan on expanding, here's to hoping

Their dealer network has been awfully patchwork, with everything from little one-man shops to bigger multi-line dealerships. The 'premium' dealer experience, with espresso machines, 'lifestyle' departments selling branded clothing and keychains, and surgically clean shops charging insane hourly rates has been very much missing.

Aprilia has a similar problem in that most of those kinds of shops already sell Ducati and often BMW, so MV would be stepping on their existing lines. Add complex bikes with lots of need for service and an inconsistent support network (both technical and parts availability), and it's a huge potential headache for any established high-end shop for a very low volume item.

Still, the bikes will definitely bring folks through the doors, even if it's just looky-loo's, so if they can improve the support side, I bet we'll see a lot more decent dealers on board...

Most of the members here are average schmoes who love and ride motorcycles. Some just get by, and ride whatever they can afford and some of us have the financial resources to own multiple bikes and don’t flinch at the $20k+ price tags on many new bikes these days.
There is a substantial demographic of wealthy riders (some who may be on here) for whom a limited edition $40k Harley is not unreasonable. Far less than a six-figure $$$ supercar.
You can envy them, but don’t resent them. It looks petty and serves no purpose.

Look at it as a collectable piece of art, produced in limited numbers, that happens to be a functional motorcycle. I have no problem understanding why they are desirable and why they will sell out this bike and every other in the Icon series.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom