New HD 2021 Electra Glide Revival | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

New HD 2021 Electra Glide Revival

I see lots of Goldwings with over 100k on them... ?‍♂️
The ability of most bikes to obtain six figure mileage is much more related to lack of seat time than any shortcomings in the bike. Other than a two-stroke (of which there are very very few), I can't think of many modern street bikes that would be unable to get to 100,000 km's with more than minimal maintenance. Hell, I'm pretty sure @Brian P puts six figure mileage on his 125's that live life at redline and don't have an oil filter.

Yep the wings stand the tests of time very well
Yes, they do. But they are horrible to work on when they get older. Acres of tupperware to remove to do simple work.

Yep, lots of old Harley’s still around and on the road. Just most don’t know the difference from yrs to yr when they see one.

How many Kawasaki or Yamaha or Honda or Suzuki do you see with over a 100thousand k on them. I see lots of Harley with this if you’re in the know
Lots of Wings with over a 100K. I watched mine turn over.

Yes, they do. But they are horrible to work on when they get older. Acres of tupperware to remove to do simple work.

Agreed. I never did fix my broken speedo cable for that exact reason. Had the fairing off once and that was enough. And it was only a 1200 to boot. No doubt all the sixes are worse.

As seen today at Mackie's

It is a nice looking bike. I think some will have a problem with the seat height, it's very much like the police seat, no lower back support and extra height 2-3 inches (for those who are challenged). Apparently from what the sales guy mentioned they will introduce a new icon branded model every few years now.

icon.jpg

From what I have seen the bike has been well received. Dealers each get one and a new Icon series (or two) will be introduced each model year. They are also numbered to add to the collectibility. I love the looks, not something I would ride personally but it's a beauty!

I don't get this numbering thing. I understand that #1 is kinda cool, but #2 is just what,1st place loser and so on?

I don't get this numbering thing. I understand that #1 is kinda cool, but #2 is just what,1st place loser and so on?
Limited runs. 001 of 100 made etc.

even #100 of 100 is cool, IMO.

But there's not 100, there's 1500. Still limited edition but much less cool imo.
Exactly. Just marketing.
When Ducati introduced the desmo, there was a furor over who would get the first one. People were buying them as an investment! Hahaha.

As seen today at Mackie's

It is a nice looking bike. I think some will have a problem with the seat height, it's very much like the police seat, no lower back support and extra height 2-3 inches (for those who are challenged). Apparently from what the sales guy mentioned they will introduce a new icon branded model every few years now.

View attachment 48606
the white clashes with the black and blue way too much

But there's not 100, there's 1500. Still limited edition but much less cool imo.
1,500 in the world? Hmmm...i dunno about much less..

From what I have seen the bike has been well received. Dealers each get one and a new Icon series (or two) will be introduced each model year. They are also numbered to add to the collectibility. I love the looks, not something I would ride personally but it's a beauty!
They had two, the second one was sold already, and they were wheeling it back to service to get it ready.

On a side note
They also will be getting 4 Pam America's. 2 sold, 1 display floor model, and 1 for demo'ing.

1,500 in the world? Hmmm...i dunno about much less..
Desmocidici RR made 1500. Afaik, they aren't appreciating meaningfully. For something to be truly limited and drive a frenzy I think the numbers need to be much lower (less than 500 for sure).

Saw one at Mississauga HD . Looked real nice . Going to look fantastic parked at Tims . The owner can tell everyone it's only out of 1500 .

Desmocidici RR made 1500. Afaik, they aren't appreciating meaningfully. For something to be truly limited and drive a frenzy I think the numbers need to be much lower (less than 500 for sure).
Cool != appreciation. It’s subjective ?

Im just saying, 1500 units world wide is nothing to sneeze at, IMO.

Every bike looks cooler when parked at a Tim's :coffee:
As for the numbering, meh I have no opinion as I own nothing that can be considered "limited"

Back
Top Bottom