New guy here, from Milton | GTAMotorcycle.com

New guy here, from Milton

CRU

Hello everyone, excited to be here, and the opportunity to connect with the GTA biking community.

Been riding for 14years (outside Canada) - street, sport tourer and mostly super sport, but now just want to tour.

Got my M1 early last year, but was unable exit into M2 due to the pandemic, now scheduled my M1 exit for early April, and got a Tracer 900, waiting for pick up at the dealership.

Thanks for having me!!!

Welcome
Did you get the GT or regular one?

Welcome
Did you get the GT or regular one?
Got the regular. Couldn’t reconcile spending $2K more on the GT, for cruise control and 2 side boxes ( I typically travel light and tail bag would suffice)

That is a nice looking bike! I am hoping to get my safety course done and the M1 exit test in mid-april! I have been trying to find any courses that are offered sooner, but they are well into June now!

Welcome, I am from Milton as well. Give me a shout if and when you want to go for a ride.

Your going to love the bike! My old man Demo’d one and ended up buying it and selling his two year old Multistrada.
1200 or 950?

Your going to love the bike! My old man Demo’d one and ended up buying it and selling his two year old Multistrada.
Yeah! I was tempted to get the multistrada 1200 (owned 1 about 3year ago) or the BMW S1000XR, but they were both quite pricey, and I don’t have the mental/emotional strength for an euro bike, right now

950, he went for the 1200 but after test riding both went with the 950 then rode the new tracer a couple years later and fell in love.
pretty interesting

950, he went for the 1200 but after test riding both went with the 950 then rode the new tracer a couple years later and fell in love.
is your dad on GTAM? I'd be curious to see his train of thought
how he picked a 950 over the 1200...then switched to a tracer 900(I mean its a pretty great engine but still)

is your dad on GTAM? I'd be curious to see his train of thought
how he picked a 950 over the 1200...then switched to a tracer 900(I mean its a pretty great engine but still)
No he’s not. It all happened because of covid. He is a Canadian but was working in Minneapolis supporting a major American airline. When covid hit his company moved him back home to pei for what was supposed to be a couple months and has now been over a year. As summer was starting he started wanting to ride but his Ducati was in Minneapolis. There were enough incentives at the time that he could justify buying the tracer to ride while he is home for the next couple of years until he retires.

After the test ride he loved the tracer, bought it, poured the miles on and says it is smoother, quicker, and handles better than the multi.

as far as the 950 over the 1200, he rode both with plans to buy the 1200 but said it was very twitchy at low rpm’s around the city.

No he’s not. It all happened because of covid. He is a Canadian but was working in Minneapolis supporting a major American airline. When covid hit his company moved him back home to pei for what was supposed to be a couple months and has now been over a year. As summer was starting he started wanting to ride but his Ducati was in Minneapolis. There were enough incentives at the time that he could justify buying the tracer to ride while he is home for the next couple of years until he retires.

After the test ride he loved the tracer, bought it, poured the miles on and says it is smoother, quicker, and handles better than the multi.

as far as the 950 over the 1200, he rode both with plans to buy the 1200 but said it was very twitchy at low rpm’s around the city.
I test rode the old Fj09, still remember how agile it was, wide handlebars etc

Back
Top Bottom