New glove recommendations? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

New glove recommendations?

I've become enamoured with Held gear, their gloves especially. I have a pair of the Titan Evo track gloves that outdo even the Handroid for comfort and protection, and my street gloves are a pair of Held Spot shorties that have touchscreen pads on index fingers and thumbs.

The only problem is almost nobody seems to stock their stuff here, and I would never buy a pair of gloves without trying them on first. If you can find someone who has them on the shelf, I'd give them a go...

I have seen Held gear at 2 Wheel Motorsports in Guelph.
I know they have jackets/pants but I did not specifically look out for gloves.
This was this riding season when I was at that location.

One size too small for me, but they should make someone very happy...
The "new" ish held gloves are at least a half size larger than 10yr old held stuff.
The pair I'm selling fit like a sz10. I fit an "old" sz9, which is the new sz 8, or 8.5 if available.

What do you guys think of Five? I was thinking of this for my next glove: https://fortnine.ca/en/five-rfx3-gloves
I have a pair of RFX1. Haven't crashed in them but they feel of quality. Not sure how the RFX3's are, but the RFX1's didn't have a single bad stitch. The hard parts were in all the right places. The finger boxes are for thicker fingers than mine though. As with all gloves, try first.

Oh, after one session I thought I must have hurt myself but it was just the red dye from the leather soaking into my skin. So there's that!

these things are so comfy, i've had them 3 years and will get a 2nd pair.
I have a pair of those too. I hate them. The worst part is the knuckle has some sort of thin vinyl covering and the second anything punctures it (like a rock chip or you drop the glove on the pavement) it starts to peel off the knuckle. Looks terrible after that happens. Protection is also questionable. I broke a finger going down in a pair. All the pads in the wrist (the whole point of wearing a gauntlet) are foam. If i'm going to the effort and hassle to wear a full gauntlet on the street, then I'd actually buy a quality pair instead of one that's designed to mimic the look.

I wear shorties on the street. Had a pair of Alpinestars Celer v1. Loved them but the palms were super thick. Its cow leather though so thicker the better. I have a pair of Rev'it Dirt 3 gloves after i wore through my Celers early this year. Don't know why they called it a dirt glove as its at least as protective as their street styled Striker 3's.

As per my previous post. I have Five RFX1's for my power rangers getup (Racer5 done, just gotta get my own bike out next). Those I feel I could take a tumble in.

For colder months, I had a pair of Rev'it Stratos GTX's till one of the finger fabric seams burst. Got it covered under warranty and now I replaced them with the full leather version, the Rev'it Kodiak GTX. I've rode in -5c on the 401 with the Stratos without heated grips, hand guards or fairings. Worked great. Definitely bulky but it is a winter glove afterall.

Does Jimmy still make/sell gloves? I've *tested* the velocity gloves numerous times and I really like how they've held up. I would definitely buy another set when the time comes.

I have a pair of those too. I hate them. The worst part is the knuckle has some sort of thin vinyl covering and the second anything punctures it (like a rock chip or you drop the glove on the pavement) it starts to peel off the knuckle. Looks terrible after that happens. Protection is also questionable. I broke a finger going down in a pair. All the pads in the wrist (the whole point of wearing a gauntlet) are foam. If i'm going to the effort and hassle to wear a full gauntlet on the street, then I'd actually buy a quality pair instead of one that's designed to mimic the look.

I wear shorties on the street. Had a pair of Alpinestars Celer v1. Loved them but the palms were super thick. Its cow leather though so thicker the better. I have a pair of Rev'it Dirt 3 gloves after i wore through my Celers early this year. Don't know why they called it a dirt glove as its at least as protective as their street styled Striker 3's.

As per my previous post. I have Five RFX1's for my power rangers getup (Racer5 done, just gotta get my own bike out next). Those I feel I could take a tumble in.

For colder months, I had a pair of Rev'it Stratos GTX's till one of the finger fabric seams burst. Got it covered under warranty and now I replaced them with the full leather version, the Rev'it Kodiak GTX. I've rode in -5c on the 401 with the Stratos without heated grips, hand guards or fairings. Worked great. Definitely bulky but it is a winter glove afterall.
Yep my knuckles are flaking, I could care less. I stopped riding for looks after first the season. No current complaints about protection during mishaps.

Reactions: J_F
Does Jimmy still make/sell gloves? I've *tested* the velocity gloves numerous times and I really like how they've held up. I would definitely buy another set when the time comes.
Last time I talked to him he was only doing heated gear - no more moto specific stuff.

Back
Top Bottom