New glove recommendations? | GTAMotorcycle.com

New glove recommendations?

bigpoppa

Will be going to get some new riding boots soon(likely forma), the joe rockets I got for doing the MSF course years ago are falling apart and arent really sized right

Am also looking to get some better gloves that are supremely comfortable and not terrible in the spring/fall, but not bulky, the dainese I bought off fortnine work ok, but my hands dont really like them, any suggestions would be welcome

Thanks

I'd get heated glove liners first. I use FirstGear and they've been durable. They are thin and with some stretch. I prefer them to heated grips as they keep the back of my hands and fingers warm.

Then get some Gortex gauntlets with D30 armour. Just be careful you get gloves with the Gortex bonded so you can put the gloves on with wet hands.

Sizing is tricky with any glove.

These are waterproof but not Goretex and on sale. 2 year warranty.
I wear a variation with D30 armour and they ARE waterproof.
Deal here at $53 US

I find most "winter gloves" too bulky...these are not and really are 3 season not a bulky winter glove.

I've become enamoured with Held gear, their gloves especially. I have a pair of the Titan Evo track gloves that outdo even the Handroid for comfort and protection, and my street gloves are a pair of Held Spot shorties that have touchscreen pads on index fingers and thumbs.

The only problem is almost nobody seems to stock their stuff here, and I would never buy a pair of gloves without trying them on first. If you can find someone who has them on the shelf, I'd give them a go...

Lee Parks makes some nice gloves.

No vent holes so they're warmer in the Spring & Fall.
No or little plastic, so they fit like a glove.
Can get them with a phase changing lining.
I've had a pair for a few years and got another.

I've become enamoured with Held gear, their gloves especially. I have a pair of the Titan Evo track gloves that outdo even the Handroid for comfort and protection, and my street gloves are a pair of Held Spot shorties that have touchscreen pads on index fingers and thumbs.

The only problem is almost nobody seems to stock their stuff here, and I would never buy a pair of gloves without trying them on first. If you can find someone who has them on the shelf, I'd give them a go...
Open to best offer (shameless plug):

I'd get heated glove liners first. I use FirstGear and they've been durable. They are thin and with some stretch. I prefer them to heated grips as they keep the back of my hands and fingers warm.

Then get some Gortex gauntlets with D30 armour. Just be careful you get gloves with the Gortex bonded so you can put the gloves on with wet hands.

Sizing is tricky with any glove.

These are waterproof but not Goretex and on sale. 2 year warranty.
I wear a variation with D30 armour and they ARE waterproof.
Deal here at $53 US

I find most "winter gloves" too bulky...these are not and really are 3 season not a bulky winter glove.
Thanks for the suggestion, my Alpinestars winters are bulky.

The FG Axiom he linked are currently on sale at F9 34% off.

Maybe true, but someone's tale of failed stitching or improperly tanned leather (or glove size that is not consistent) may help you decide what not to buy.

When I lowsided at Shannonville (long time ago), the Alpinestars GP Pro glove I was wearing blew the stitching and the plastic slider on the pinkie cut into my finger.

The EMT guy in the ambulance was also a rider, and he told me he's seen a lot of crashes and that my experience with the A* gloves was not uncommon.

Wanna find out what gear is the best? Go to a track day and talk to one of the EMT guys. If he's a regular at track days, he'll tell you what time it is.

I noticed the new GP Pro R3 gloves don't have the plastic slider on the pinkie anymore, FWIW...

Last edited:
Thanks for the suggestion, my Alpinestars winters are bulky.

The FG Axiom he linked are currently on sale at F9 34% off.
I have a pair of heated glove liners which I really want to like, because they are small and lightweight, but it's just not happening. I find that since my good quality street riding gloves fit perfect, these liners don't fit well inside them. It makes the outer gloves either feel too tight, or perhaps will stretch them after a long period of use which I don't want to happen. So I always go back to my dedicated heated gloves which are essentially these ones. Ultimate Touring Heated Gloves Now With I-Touch

For my main riding gloves I'm now using the Dainese Carbon Long D1 gloves, which fit my skinny fingers just right.
Previously really liked my Held Phantom gloves and Akira gloves and agree that Held makes nice gloves.

your new bike doesn't have hand guards, I don't think BP?

this can affect what gloves may work for you when it's cool
my last few bikes have had guards and heated grips
so I've never had the need for heated gloves

heated grips on their own don't work well when you're gloves are in the wind
so if you have neither heated grips nor guards, heated gloves would be a good choice

you've been riding for awhile so I'm sue you have a bit of collection
we all do

on tours I bring my 3 faves:
perforated goatskin gloves that are used 80% of the time
hot weather gloves that are mostly textile - rarely used
and rain gloves that I'm not overly fond of but sometimes required

brands and sizes are going to vary in preference specific to the human

I dont have heated grips as of yet, might get them down the line, I recently purchased some heated gear(vest), mainly need something that is super comfortable and will not have a lot of air flow so I can ride in the spring and fall more

No hand guards on this bike

Have a small list, looks like i'll be visiting GP bikes to pick one

I dont have heated grips as of yet, might get them down the line, I recently purchased some heated gear(vest), mainly need something that is super comfortable and will not have a lot of air flow so I can ride in the spring and fall more

No hand guards on this bike

Have a small list, looks like i'll be visiting GP bikes to pick one
How big are your hands - as in what size do you normally take in gloves?

Back
Top Bottom