New BMW RnineT | GTAMotorcycle.com

New BMW RnineT

Totally gorgeous. Any rumours on price?

Looks like a Diavel to me. Doesn't look retro enough.

That looks fantastic - but not knowing the MSRP, I'd say that there are so many other models out there that I'd buy first. A Moto Guzzi over that, easily...

Now if BMW tells us that the MSRP is $9,999... well... that's another story.

Haha, love those cafeteria tray sized license plates the Europeans have.

I like it. I need spoked wheels on my bike.

The pillion seat cover and those tubes coming out of the airbox could have been done better ... but generally an attractive bike. I'm impressed!

I love Moto Guzzi too, but this is a much more refined and modern bike with ABS/and lots more tech than the ancient V7, do not expect a $10 000 tag on it. Just look at the price of the Honda and you can project a starting price around $15 000.

BMW are not going after the masses with it and the order list is growing already. It could also be a limited run as it will be the last new model with the oil/air cooled motor. The precision cooled motor (liquid in key areas) will now be the mainstay of the r line.

That looks fantastic - but not knowing the MSRP, I'd say that there are so many other models out there that I'd buy first. A Moto Guzzi over that, easily...

Now if BMW tells us that the MSRP is $9,999... well... that's another story.

I love Moto Guzzi too, but this is a much more refined and modern bike with ABS/and lots more tech than the ancient V7, do not expect a $10 000 tag on it. Just look at the price of the Honda and you can project a starting price around $15 000.

BMW are not going after the masses with it and the order list is growing already. It could also be a limited run as it will be the last new model with the oil/air cooled motor. The precision cooled motor (liquid in key areas) will now be the mainstay of the r line.

Actually, I had the Moto Guzzi Griso in mind when I wrote that.
To repeat, I would rather buy a Griso before considering this thing... unless the BMW is $10K, but I am well aware it is going to be more than that...

There is a 2012 Griso 1200 up for sale for $10,000, just a few hours away from the border... it is very tempting...

The bimmer looks pretty nice, but that Moto Guzzi Griso posted above is friggin SWEEEETTTTTT.... why would BMW essentially try to build the same bike?

images

Basically the same look, w/o the ugly boxer engine sticking out so far...

The bimmer looks pretty nice, but that Moto Guzzi Griso posted above is friggin SWEEEETTTTTT.... why would BMW essentially try to build the same bike?

images

Basically the same look, w/o the ugly boxer engine sticking out so far...

They look very different in my opinion. Far different then the range of SS bikes that very much like twins.

Both are very nice looking bikes, I prefer the BMW. I have seen the Guzzi in person, and it looks good from some angles, but weird and boring from others.

As a vintage BMW guy, I've got to say I like it, and better than the motoguzzi.
Only thing I don't like so much are the mufflers.

This and the like is what you get when every member of every sub committee of the styling dept. needs to justify their existence. Every angle, cutout, indentation, depression, bend, swoosh, jut are probably the result of near donnybrooks, stare downs, silent treatments and backstabbing. Well worth it imho. It doesn't look too bad. The headlight looks pretty subtle tho. Makes me wonder about the back story there.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom