New bike time | GTAMotorcycle.com

New bike time

-JERICHO-

Site Supporter
Picked this up few weeks back. Doing the break-in right now and will hopefully get it done before the cold really gets here. Cool bike so far..

mynewbike.jpg

Congrats

There are not many bikes that look good with majority of the color being white

The VFR being one , AT the other, @sburns 's HD Electra glide, and of course the Vstrom DL1050 (non biased opinion) ,😂😂😂

There are not many bikes that look good with majority of the color being white

The VFR being one , AT the other, @sburns 's HD Electra glide, and of course the Vstrom DL1050 (non biased opinion) ,😂😂😂
Whether you’re a Vstrom owner or not there’s no way you can say it’s a good looking bike with a straight face.

Picked this up few weeks back. Doing the break-in right now and will hopefully get it done before the cold really gets here. Cool bike so far..

mynewbike.jpg

1664469484321.png

AT gang unite.

Did you get the manual or DCT?

Wait till you try out the heated grips

Thanks everyone! I really like it so far. I also think this colour scheme looks the best. Its much more sparkly than I was expecting. lol

I got the DCT because of the really in depth reviewers on YouTube (BigRockMoto etc..) said that it works flawlessly. BP's praise of it also influenced my decision. I haven't tested what the reviewers have said (I probably won't get a chance to till spring time) but I trusted their judgments on this. So far I don't regret it..

I used the heated grips at level 3 on one of the cooler days. They are really good! At level 4 they got too hot.. which was surprising!

Although I wanted the manual with quickshifter at first, which was also impossible to find here, but easy in Quebec for some reason. The DCT is much better than I was expecting that is for sure. There have been attempts by me to grab the clutch and look for a gear shifter out of pure habit, I'm not sure if that will fade over time. She's a heavy bike compared with my past bikes (Tuono, GSXR750 etc..) but nothing too unmanageable.

I gotta get the first service done first before putting the crash bars and the panniers on it. The dealer warned me that having them on before first service will add some hours to the labour to remove them since they get in the way. I've just been paranoid of dropping it the whole time, because I do not like the kickstand. The bikes slides a bit when its fully extended, which makes me paranoid, so I am considering the center stand.

Thanks everyone! I really like it so far. I also think this colour scheme looks the best. Its much more sparkly than I was expecting. lol

I got the DCT because of the really in depth reviewers on YouTube (BigRockMoto etc..) said that it works flawlessly. BP's praise of it also influenced my decision. I haven't tested what the reviewers have said (I probably won't get a chance to till spring time) but I trusted their judgments on this. So far I don't regret it..

I used the heated grips at level 3 on one of the cooler days. They are really good! At level 4 they got too hot.. which was surprising!

Although I wanted the manual with quickshifter at first, which was also impossible to find here, but easy in Quebec for some reason. The DCT is much better than I was expecting that is for sure. There have been attempts by me to grab the clutch and look for a gear shifter out of pure habit, I'm not sure if that will fade over time. She's a heavy bike compared with my past bikes (Tuono, GSXR750 etc..) but nothing too unmanageable.

I gotta get the first service done first before putting the crash bars and the panniers on it. The dealer warned me that having them on before first service will add some hours to the labour to remove them since they get in the way. I've just been paranoid of dropping it the whole time, because I do not like the kickstand. The bikes slides a bit when its fully extended, which makes me paranoid, so I am considering the center stand.
the center stand does make things easier, but is a HUGE pita to install due to ridiculously strong springs.

I think the sidestand slides on pavement because its got that offroad attachment, but slide or not, its sturdy as ****(I get on and off the bike with the sidestand extended.)

Whether you’re a Vstrom owner or not there’s no way you can say it’s a good looking bike with a straight face.
Not being biased because I now own one.

I do think that the early gens are Fugly but the current model are nice.
The 650 not as much as the 1050.

the center stand does make things easier, but is a HUGE pita to install due to ridiculously strong springs.
Coin method is the only way I got the center stand onto my S1000XR. Works great and having a center is so beneficial.

Back
Top Bottom