NEW 2020 Honda CBR1000RR-R Fireblade and Fireblade SP Announced | GTAMotorcycle.com

NEW 2020 Honda CBR1000RR-R Fireblade and Fireblade SP Announced

jemlinus

20YM_CBR1000RR-R_SP_Location_01_0037.jpg

I know not many people care about Super bikes, but I think this is amazing.

214hp!!!

It’s not that we don’t care, it’s becoming unobtainable for the bulk of riders , the admission price is bad enough, the care and feeding is almost impossible . I can do it because I’ve been licensed since they were invented ( super bikes not licenses , before somebody starts) and insurance for me is no problem.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

HTA 172 really put a hurting on fast bikes for me. In the past, I would ride at a safe speed for the road and roughly ignore the speed limit signs. With over 200 hp, you really can't give it the beans until you are in license losing territory on any road in Ontario (well you can try, but the computers will probably cut back). Track is a whole different ballgame, but not very many people are buying new bikes from the showroom to track.

I like that constant improvement is still happening, but the arms race has been meaningless for quite a while unless you are trying to win a pissing match at a bar.

EDIT:
81 mm bore x 48 mm stroke? Damn. No wonder it revs.
Bars forward and pegs back and up for better aerodynamics. Sounds great for the 40+ year olds that might be able to afford it.
9000 rpm launch control? Frig me. You probably need heated track tires to get it to hook, but launch control is an apt name for that.
The winglets help to limit wheelies on acceleration??? Wank, wank, wank. By the time the bike is going fast enough that the winglets do anything, wheelies aren't your biggest problem.

Last edited:
Yep, 214hp is at the crank like everybody else. It's significantly more from the last generation though.

Aprilia bikes are never really attractive to me. I think they are generic looking and hideous with those stickers. If I want Italian, I'll go with Ducati for the looks.

I was looking at S1000RR for my next bike, but if the Fireblade has cruise control, it will sealed the deal for me.

It's the pirate bike CB-ARRRRRR :) Maybe it will drink a bit less oil. Didn't see mention of an autoblipper.... or did they just roll that into the QS? Usually they make mention of such a feature.

The winglets help to limit wheelies on acceleration??? Wank, wank, wank. By the time the bike is going fast enough that the winglets do anything, wheelies aren't your biggest problem.

Having just done a track day at Phillip Island on a previous-generation bone-stock BMW S1000RR (no winglets), I now see how the winglets would help. It's trying to wheelie the whole length of the front straight. At that track, even backmarker me is coming onto the front straight at 180+ km/h in 4th gear with the bike trying to wheelie, and it keeps on trying to wheelie the whole length of the front straight until I shut off. It could use some aero help to keep the front down. I can't imagine what would happen with even more power and less weight (Superbike treatment).

I know that a slightly longer swingarm than stock is part of the usual WSBK treatment. Not all racing organizations allow that. (CSBK doesn't) Aero mods would help with this without requiring the geometry compromises.

I have great respect for WSBK riders.

Your Phillips Island experience sort of reinforces GreyGhosts point, at 180? winglets work.......

They're not going to be meaningful at 100 km/h, if that's your point. The whole bike is not meaningful at 100 km/h. They are meaningful when the bike is ridden the way it's meant to be.

Too bad they didn’t go ahead with the active aero winglets Honda had patented.

Can’t wait for the CBR1000RR-R-Repsol edition

Back
Top Bottom