NEW 2020 Honda CBR1000RR-R Fireblade and Fireblade SP Announced | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

NEW 2020 Honda CBR1000RR-R Fireblade and Fireblade SP Announced

For sure it’s the cost keeping people away from all bikes let alone super bikes.
I rethink all the time. I insure 5 vehicles one is a bike and it costs almost as much as the other 4 together. And let’s face it that’s stupid anyone in there right mind would stay away from bikes. But I won’t.
My bike 2015 ktm 1190 is $2600 yr
My 500hp Shelby Cobra Replica is $475 yr
Car is worth 5x as much, just about as fast, not really any safer
Insurance is killing bikes in Ontario

For sure it’s the cost keeping people away from all bikes let alone super bikes.
I rethink all the time. I insure 5 vehicles one is a bike and it costs almost as much as the other 4 together. And let’s face it that’s stupid anyone in there right mind would stay away from bikes. But I won’t.
My bike 2015 ktm 1190 is $2600 yr
My 500hp Shelby Cobra Replica is $475 yr
Car is worth 5x as much, just about as fast, not really any safer
Insurance is killing bikes in Ontario
$475 to insure a car in Ontario? What insurance company you with?

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

CBR1000RR-R Was this thing named by a pirate?

Until I added my camper van the car bike and sled came to less than $1000. Of course for that price you don't get fire theft & collision.

Honda's only leading in MotoGP because of MM93. RC213V is quite a handful that only Marquez seems able to ride. This is the bike that literally broke Lorenzo's back

Second Honda is Crutchlow in 9th, Nakagami in 13th, and Lorenzo in 19th...

Four Yamahas in the top ten.

Seems to be a thing with Honda race bikes....Look up Ken Roczen....

Yes that car is on a Collector car policy, but in their eyes is high risk.
I had a 68 Mustang fast back about 5 years ago. It was appraised and insured for $32,000 and premiums were $180 per year on the same policy.

They base the premium on the fact that most owners of special interest vehicles do not leave the car unattended, don’t drive daily, don’t drive in bad weather, keep it stored in a garage, and have a daily driver less than 5 years old that you would use for such occasions. Thus a pretty safe gamble that you won’t let anything happen to your car aka their money.

Funny thing is most motorcycles live that same life. But our insurance does not reflect that. I have also owned a Mustang that did not qualify due to the age of the car and the fact that my daily was over 5 years old. I had to pay “normal” car insurance for a car that was driven 30,000km over 8 years of ownership.

It seems ridiculous to me that they charge what they do for bikes. I understand the risk factor for them but can it really be so high that you pay 2 to 3 times that of a car for a limited season and likely 1/10th the km’s traveled per year.
I mean based on that we should all be in the ground shortly.

Sorry to derail the thread and turn it into an insurance debate.

Yes that car is on a Collector car policy, but in their eyes is high risk.
I had a 68 Mustang fast back about 5 years ago. It was appraised and insured for $32,000 and premiums were $180 per year on the same policy.

They base the premium on the fact that most owners of special interest vehicles do not leave the car unattended, don’t drive daily, don’t drive in bad weather, keep it stored in a garage, and have a daily driver less than 5 years old that you would use for such occasions. Thus a pretty safe gamble that you won’t let anything happen to your car aka their money.

Funny thing is most motorcycles live that same life. But our insurance does not reflect that. I have also owned a Mustang that did not qualify due to the age of the car and the fact that my daily was over 5 years old. I had to pay “normal” car insurance for a car that was driven 30,000km over 8 years of ownership.

It seems ridiculous to me that they charge what they do for bikes. I understand the risk factor for them but can it really be so high that you pay 2 to 3 times that of a car for a limited season and likely 1/10th the km’s traveled per year.
I mean based on that we should all be in the ground shortly.

Sorry to derail the thread and turn it into an insurance debate.
So this is the secret to cheap insurance in Ontario. All of a sudden you see bun haired hipsters rolling down the 401 in Model A's. Wonder if the insurance cartel offer the same rates to classic bikes?

There are still engine whining CBR1000RR's with tight crankshafts for sale on Kijiji. The leader of the racing world also doesn't own its own catastrophic failures:

Last edited:
even the best in world need to whore for the boss
I like the part where he talks about the winglets while dragging a knee and elbow

So this is the secret to cheap insurance in Ontario. All of a sudden you see bun haired hipsters rolling down the 401 in Model A's. Wonder if the insurance cartel offer the same rates to classic bikes?

There are still engine whining CBR1000RR's with tight crankshafts for sale on Kijiji. The leader of the racing world also doesn't own its own catastrophic failures:

Or to this day Honda still considers 1L/1000km of oil usage acceptable and deny its a problem. To be fair the '08 I had was still going with 75,000 hard km on it (about half of that was on the track), and never had a single Honda related mechanical failure. (Broke a chain once... but I put that on). Crashed it heavily a bunch of times, always kept running and was super reliable.

even the best in world need to whore for the boss
I like the part where he talks about the winglets while dragging a knee and elbow

0:43 it looked like the bike might be a decent height for tall guys, then I Googled Mark Marquez's height. Funny, how he doesn't appear to be short, like Pedrosa.

Off camera they should have done a lap time compared to the MotoGP bike.

Or to this day Honda still considers 1L/1000km of oil usage acceptable and deny its a problem. To be fair the '08 I had was still going with 75,000 hard km on it (about half of that was on the track), and never had a single Honda related mechanical failure. (Broke a chain once... but I put that on). Crashed it heavily a bunch of times, always kept running and was super reliable.
Sadly that 1l/1000 km crap seems to be the standard used by most manufacturers. Absolutely retarded. Change intervals should be set to ensure you are safe. If they had to advertise 3000 km change intervals, they would fix the damn problems.

Have you seen the new small engine marketing gimmick? No oil changes ever, just keep topping it up. Ugh.

Sadly that 1l/1000 km crap seems to be the standard used by most manufacturers. Absolutely retarded. Change intervals should be set to ensure you are safe. If they had to advertise 3000 km change intervals, they would fix the damn problems.

Have you seen the new small engine marketing gimmick? No oil changes ever, just keep topping it up. Ugh.
75,000 km's / 1000 km's = 75
75 liters of Motul = ~ $900 - $1000

Oil use should definitely be factored into owning a Honda.

None of the other Japanese bikes use any oil at all.

Back
Top Bottom