Need SUV tires | GTAMotorcycle.com

Need SUV tires

Riceburner

Haven't bought cage tires in over a decade. Last time was from Costco for a different vehicle. Any recommendations for tire places? North GTA would be preferred.
Don't need high performance/speed, off-road or anything special, it's for commuting, so long life/wear, reasonable performance/wet grip. All seasons in 225/65/17.

Costco has Pirelli - SCORPION VERDE ALL SEASON PLUS for $500 a set of 4. ....and charging a $4 tire levy+$19 install with TMPS per tire.

Last edited:
Unless you start trolling Kijiji I don't think you'll do much better than $500, and even then you're getting into questionable makes and brands...

Last edited:
@Riceburner that is a pretty nice price. My Michelins for my Pilot were ~$800 at Costco
If you decide to look for something different....
My buddy has a shop. He sells a lot of tires.
Tell him I sent you.
Frank @ AutoTrax
647-347-TRAX

Sent from my purple G4 using Tapatalk

I've had the Pirelli Scorpion Verde in a 245/45/20" size on my Mazda SUV for about 30,000km so far and I recommend them. Quiet, grip well in both wet and dry (I have dedicated winters so no snow experience) and they seem to be wearing like iron.

I would be very happy if i got a set of tires for $500. Especially for an suv. I'm normally over 600 for cars and over 800 for suvs.

I just went through this with my car. Basically I found Buy discount tires and low price wheels online - PMCtire Canada or Online Tires in Canada | Discount on tire had the best prices. I chose Pirelli P7's with a H rating rather then V. The slightly lower rating was a few $$ less. I purchased through my local Toyota dealer as they have a price match instead of dealing with shipping from online. Shipping online was free with 4 tires, but I didn't feel like waiting for it to show up. Also most of the tire manufactures have rebates going on as well. Not sure how this all compares to Costco.

Must be the tire size that gets you that price. I checked Costco for 235/65/17 and for the same tire they are over $700.

@Riceburner until April 7th you get an $80 Costco cash card with that Pirelli tire purchase.
I'm thinking that's your best best.
e62c2a61dc579d5e4404a4b081065215.jpg

Must be the tire size that gets you that price. I checked Costco for 235/65/17 and for the same tire they are over $700.
I think I would just get the 225s and save $200

Thanks all, just need 3 season as I have snows. Might be time to just get a Costco membership. All the others at about the same price, are brands I've never heard of.

Last edited:
I wish I could get rubber that cheap.
The Mickey Thompson mud tires on my Jeep are $400ish. ...A piece. ...And I had to get 5 of them.

^^ this guy!

Owns a Jeep on mud tires and complains about how expensive the tires are.

What’s next? Guy who buys a Hemi Ram then complains about fuel consumption?!

What a time to be alive.

Oh I'm not complaining.
They are worth every penny being able to drive through anything, and over most things ?

Uhhmmmm. Ok.

Coming from LT rated 35s on my F250 to my Volt... I love how cheap tires are (and everything else is) on a car.

So saying I wish truck tires were cheaper, or insinuating that they were priced inline with car tires is me "complaining"?

I guess you're in the same boat since you are "complaining" about owning, or having owed, an f250 and having to spend the $$$ on 35's?

...such problems we have

1st world problems.

I can't get the local Costco tire ctr on the phone. Guess I'll have to go in to see if they are in stock or if I have to order them online and sent to the local warehouse.

Receive an $80 Costco eCash Card with the purchase of 4 Pirelli Tires.
The Costco eCash Card will not be displayed on your order confirmation. It will be delivered to your email address 7-10 days from the date of order. Valid from March 11 to April 7, 2019.
Hope it still applies if I "order" them this week...as opposed to having them paid for after install.

So saying I wish truck tires were cheaper, or insinuating that they were priced inline with car tires is me "complaining"?

I guess you're in the same boat since you are "complaining" about owning, or having owed, an f250 and having to spend the $$$ on 35's?

...such problems we have

That’s pretty much exactly what complaining is.

Yes, i complained about lots of things with my F250.

Well then.

I guess we're both a couple a whiners ?‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom