Need some photos | GTAMotorcycle.com

Need some photos

Blooton

A friend of mine (female) got pulled over. Two tickets, one for 20 over and one for obstructed license plate. The obstruction was one of those dealer installed brackets, and the officer said it blocks " Yours to discover". I have one on my car, and I know thousands other do. If anyone has the chance to snap a pic of a government vehicle, be it police car, postal vehicle , ambulance etc etc that has a cover please post up. I am going to bring it in two weeks to meet the prosecutor with her. Thanks

In my opinion, a photo of a government vehicle wont do much to bolster the case. I do agree that the ticket is harsh if the bracket does not obstruct the actual license plate number and expiry sticker.
It is definitely worth contesting. Similar thread in a different forum. One of the advise was to take a photo of the license plate with the bracket now removed (to show that you have addressed the issue) when you meet the judge/prosecuter

Ontario license plate .... Got $110 ticket - RedFlagDeals.com Forums

Good luck!

Sometimes they'll give two tickets so the prosecutor can drop one if you plead guilty to the other.
I'd ask an expert (which I'm not). This might be an opportunity to drop the speeding ticket in exchange for paying for the license plate offence

Sent from my Redmi 4A using Tapatalk

A friend of mine (female) got pulled over. Two tickets, one for 20 over and one for obstructed license plate. The obstruction was one of those dealer installed brackets, and the officer said it blocks " Yours to discover". I have one on my car, and I know thousands other do. If anyone has the chance to snap a pic of a government vehicle, be it police car, postal vehicle , ambulance etc etc that has a cover please post up. I am going to bring it in two weeks to meet the prosecutor with her. Thanks
Never heard of cops chasing people for the brackets that go around the outside of the plate. I do know that those tinted/clear covers that go completely over top of it are illegal even though you can buy them at the Service Ontario lol.

Unfortunately that is a legit ticket nothing can cover any part of the plate.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Pictures may make you feel better, but will do absolutely nothing to help your case. Just because someone else is breaking the law doesn't mean your law breaking gets automatically excused. If that were the case, a video of a cop speeding would invalidate all speeding tickets.
Take pics of her vehicle with the plate cover removed and that ticket should get dropped with little fuss.

....This might be an opportunity to drop the speeding ticket in exchange for paying for the license plate offence...
More likely the other way around.

It is a legit ticket though, even though 90% of the cars on the road have the surround. It's just an extra ticket they throw in with something else. Rarely heard of one being given on it's own. Even see really dark tinted covers, where you can barely see the plate. They just haven't been stopped yet. As stated, doesn't matter if a gov't vehicle has it, which they likely won't.

Did your GF sass the officer to get that second bogus ticket?

What a prick do give a ticket for that!

What a prick do give a ticket for that!
Much of the time it is just a bargaining chip. Assuming the speed was actually 20 over and it wasnt reduced, they cant drop that much more in court. Everybody likes to get something so they feel they won. The second ticket gives them something they can give up in court while preserving the 20 over ticket intact.

yes, estrogen outpouring can lead to extra tickets

20 over ticket is a nothing
take that conviction and beg for exemption on the plate one
before and after pics, claim ignorance, and no attitude

Much of the time it is just a bargaining chip. Assuming the speed was actually 20 over and it wasnt reduced, they cant drop that much more in court. Everybody likes to get something so they feel they won. The second ticket gives them something they can give up in court while preserving the 20 over ticket intact.

After taking time off work and the stress of it. Thats if the average person will fight it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After taking time off work and the stress of it. Thats if the average person will fight it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The cynic in me also partly wonders if multiple tickets are more likely to generate court time for officers. I am sure some officers much prefer sitting in court to being out in the elements handing out tickets (or is court time extra hours and money?). Either way, there is an unaddressed moral hazard.

She was not abusive, and the ticket for speeding was not dropped down..had a running dash cam that recorded all audio. As to wanting the pictures, her paying off the obstructed plate won't bankrupt her. It's my obstinacy in telling the prosecutor the charge is trifling. If he refuses, I already have a journalist who would be interested in the story of double standards between government and the public.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

She was not abusive, and the ticket for speeding was not dropped down..had a running dash cam that recorded all audio. As to wanting the pictures, her paying off the obstructed plate won't bankrupt her. It's my obstinacy in telling the prosecutor the charge is trifling. If he refuses, I already have a journalist who would be interested in the story of double standards between government and the public.

What double standard is this?

If he refuses, I already have a journalist who would be interested in the story of double standards between government and the public.

Good luck with that in court.

I really don't care that much about court, just getting the charge dropped for her. She deserves and should pay the speeding ticket. What I don't agree with is if government licensed and operated vehicles have brackets on their plates and are allowed to do so while she, or me, or any other person would get dinged for it. And if it is apparently against the law, why do dealers install them? They used to put emblems or stickers on your trunk , i guess those are more expensive?
My original post was for a photo, I guess no one has any.

Are you sure the govt vehicles have plate trims or hoping? I don't recall seeing any on them. Chances are the plate ticket would get dropped anyways.

And yes, technically it is illegal to obstruct any part of the plate. Dealers have been doing it for ages, doesn't mean it legal. Somebody came up with it way back and it caught on. It's even been on the news and how it's not legal, but it's still being done.

Back
Top Bottom