Need a snowblower....recommendations? | Page 8 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Need a snowblower....recommendations?

As a father of an autistic child, how is that remotely relevant?
No idea in this case but it may make it harder to have typical conversation/negotiation. Makes no difference to me if person seems competent and price is fair (and if his assessment is correct, I anticipate prices below fair market value to they can quickly move inventory to make room for more problems to solve).

No idea in this case but it may make it harder to have typical conversation/negotiation. Makes no difference to me if person seems competent and price is fair (and if his assessment is correct, I anticipate prices below fair market value to they can quickly move inventory to make room for more problems to solve).
His Sister conducts the sales. She mentioned it before we came to see the tub.

No offense intended. We have been looking after my brother in law since 2010 when my wife's mother passed suddenly. He is autistic so I certainly meant no offence.

The brother is very mechanically inclined and is fastidious about making sure that every unit he has worked on is in 100% good working order.

Nice people and very honest. Lots of lawn mowers, snow blowers, and bicycles. Anyone open to buying one of these items used should consider buying from these folks.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

@Trials What's a Gravely go for new? None of the shops seem to have prices. Does that mean I can't afford?
You want a brand new Gravely? If you take good care of it and store it indoors I bet it out lives you. That makes it very affordable if you actually need one.

You want a brand new Gravely? If you take good care of it and store it indoors I bet it out lives you. That makes it very affordable if you actually need one.
I'm trying to get an approx. price of them. If I see a used one for $1,500, I'd like to know what sort of shape it should be in. Should I expect it to not be in running condition or all rusted out?

I think I need a snowblower - I had two of them, mine were kick start. Got about 20 years out of them before they grew up and moved out

I'm trying to get an approx. price of them. If I see a used one for $1,500, I'd like to know what sort of shape it should be in. Should I expect it to not be in running condition or all rusted out?
They have a real clutch like a standard transmission car, it needs to work. They have a one lung kohler engine that is very serviceable. They have a transmission with heavy steel castings and steel gears instead of a pressed sheet metal everything and a rubber v-belt that you just jam against a pulley. Gravely is a serious built small 2-wheeled tractor, not a disposable toy. 2 grand should buy you a reasonable working power unit, the cost of attachments varies widely, but you are using one power unit to do many jobs, instead of buying a snow-blower with a motor, a lawn cutter with another motor, a roto-tiller with another motor and a log splitter with another motor etc. etc.
... should it be all rusty :/ probably no or it was not stored indoors, look for another one.

We had a Gravely at home, lawn mower attachment, blower, rototiller gizmo. Think it was about 9grand in 1972? I never used it as a kid.
Pop sold the whole kabudel and bought a Kubota B7100? 4wd , 3cyl diesel, 3 !! PTO takeoffs , blower on front used an electric clutch. According to Pop, the Kubota mini tractor was 100% better than the Gravely and changeover on equipment was pull 3 pins and drive away. But I think the cost to blow snow out of the driveway was ammortized at $700 per blow.
If we got a big dump somebody just got on the JD turbo with the 12Ft blade and tidied things up. Didn't want to take the car cover off dads orange toy LOL

B2601 is the biggest little Kabota (incl. attachments) that you can trailer with your G license, anything bigger and you are going to need a special license or float service.
... they should have bought your Gravely.

:sneaky: I found it is hazardous to brag about how poorly you service your equipment.
Like my old VW that fired up after 6 months (y)
and then the turbo kicked in and promptly swallowed the mouse nest :eek:

Ok, sorry for the facebook link, but this is comedy gold. A homemade Gravely using a 1300cc Vstar. I am sure plowing with this thing would be a real treat.

123048908_3599566410102880_4437806147607724998_o.jpg

123043342_3599566513436203_4627100357512067882_o.jpg

123201196_3599566510102870_7302354206457684927_o.jpg

I bet he gets about 1 yard to the gallon ?

Moving to bigger property we needed to upgrade from our 27” Craftsman (which worked great over almost 10yrs) so we picked up this used monster. Our neighbour can do the driveway on bad storms with his farm tractor/blower but this’ll do in between.
D6B47870-859C-4A22-B07A-42D2F533DC45.jpeg

If anyone is feeling like their snowblower doesn't get enough work or if they want to build their own toboggan hill on their lawn, personal use snowmaking is now available.

1744028818.jpg

Moving to bigger property we needed to upgrade from our 27” Craftsman (which worked great over almost 10yrs) so we picked up this used monster. Our neighbour can do the driveway on bad storms with his farm tractor/blower but this’ll do in between.
View attachment 45668

I’m slightly jealous but also have no need for that sweet machine

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

View attachment 45668
Yowza....my property isn’t that big but I want!

Good choice of Odyssey colour!

Back
Top Bottom