Nakeds that ride like sports | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Nakeds that ride like sports

Update: After research and getting some quotes
I'm looking for a 2017 Kawaski Z900, it's the only naked that really grabs my eye. To be honest I love the wider body kits and from what I hear the seating position is a little more aggressive than other nakeds.
$310 a month on insurance is actually not terrible given my location and age.

Look at this beauty

Attachments

• 6000000001.jpeg
    6000000001.jpeg
    669 KB · Views: 48
I've sat on one, i can't stand the instrument cluster but you are slightly more forward than say an FZ09.

Now, it's heavier, the engine revs slower and it doesn't have the low end grunt of the competition.

If you can live with that then it's a good choice, i do believe the suspension is one up on the FZ.

The FZ07 and FZ0-9 are big sellers, so there has to be something right with them. I have tried the FZ07 and it was fun and will be an upgrade to a 500. The FZ/MT09 are even faster and are a true hooli ride. See if you can get out for a demo ride somewhere and try them out.

gsxs-750 is the biggest 4 cylinder bike in that class you can insure that is not widely considered a super sport by companies

Update: After research and getting some quotes
I'm looking for a 2017 Kawaski Z900, it's the only naked that really grabs my eye. To be honest I love the wider body kits and from what I hear the seating position is a little more aggressive than other nakeds.
$310 a month on insurance is actually not terrible given my location and age.

Look at this beauty
Good choice, IMO. If I go for another naked, it would likely be this or z1000 .. even though the 1000 is less value for money, it just looks gorgeous.

Detuned gsxr motor so OP can still get that SS feel out of it, honestly one of the best bikes I've ridden, hidden gem that most people miss
Also considered this bike, it's a close second for me I just prefer the look of the Kawi, the engine in the 750 is very impressive

check with
Christopher South, R.I.B. (Ont), CIP
Insurance Broker, SurNet Insurance Group Inc.
csouth@surnet.net
P: 416-546-8969

He's always given me excellent advice and rates and might let you know how much difference a 750 inline for a 900 or 1 liter,
I was surprised how cost effective the CBF1000s were and of course bullet proof.

There were a couple around last year in the $3700 range but perhaps more of a sport tourer than you are looking for.

honda-cbf1000-2009-8.jpg

https://www.motorcyclenews.com/bike-reviews/honda/cbf1000/2006/

light enough, bags of power and a bike with the best brakes I've owned. And you can tour in more comfort than a pure sports seating position.

You could always opt for the Fireblade version for go go and this is nicely done up and the owner appears to know his bike. 21,000 km barely broken in
HONDA CBR 1000 RR FIREBLADE 2007 | Sport Bikes | Markham / York Region | Kijiji

$_59.JPG

The other one to consider it the Yammie 2013 FZ8. Again decent insurance ( my son was under 25 as well with his. ) That triple is incredible.
2013 Yamaha FZ8 Review | Unexpected Magic

With a different seat he did both coasts and could play hooligan when he liked.

2013-yamaha-fz8-review-1.jpg

The other one to consider it the Yammie 2013 FZ8. Again decent insurance ( my son was under 25 as well with his. ) That triple is incredible.
2013 Yamaha FZ8 Review | Unexpected Magic

With a different seat he did both coasts and could play hooligan when he liked.

2013-yamaha-fz8-review-1.jpg

Just to clarify, it's a 779cc I4. I had it's half-faired cousin (Fazer 800) before the Tuono and really liked that bike. Great sound (esp with a Yoshi), reliable, decent handling and pretty good on insurance too. I found it to lean much more toward "touring" than "sport" in the sport-touring spectrum though; very relaxed riding position, low, rubber-covered pegs, great wind-protection. Maybe the FZ8N seems less so with less plastic/fairing.

Just to clarify, it's a 779cc I4. I had it's half-faired cousin (Fazer 800) before the Tuono and really liked that bike. Great sound (esp with a Yoshi), reliable, decent handling and pretty good on insurance too. I found it to lean much more toward "touring" than "sport" in the sport-touring spectrum though; very relaxed riding position, low, rubber-covered pegs, great wind-protection. Maybe the FZ8N seems less so with less plastic/fairing.
Was going to say, 1 too many header pipes to backup that anecdote.

Just to clarify, it's a 779cc I4.

Yup ....next year was the triple.
The headache with sport seating in the GTA is you need to travel some distance to get to decent rides ( ie Pennsylvania is 4-5 hours )

Kid had an SV650s and found it impossible to do distance. I think you are on the correct track OP ...but hard to know as not something you are likely to get a demo ride on.

What are you paying on the 500 right now? $310 a month is almost 4K a year.. ouch. Novelty of any bike wears off pretty quick and paying 310 a month while it sits in storage over the winter months is painful!

I want to like the FZ07/09 but they're just so ugly imo. The Z900 is a beauty and a great choice. My coworker just bought a gsxs750 as well and it's a good looking bike that I would suggest (there's a gsxs1000 at GP I saw when I picked up my Duc and I'd happily own one as a second bike).

Yeah I concur FZ6 a good choice and solid. $5k for a lovely 2014

$_59.JPG

Back
Top Bottom