My trip across 403, 401, 427, Gardiner and Queen's. | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

My trip across 403, 401, 427, Gardiner and Queen's.

When was the last time you could do that without encountering at least one traffic jam?

The last time I drove out of the city the gardiner, DVP, and 401 across the top were stop and go for long stretches and that was between 11:30 and midnight.
Somewhere around 5-7 years ago is when I did it last. QEW -> DVP -> Major Mackenzie -> 400 -> 401 -> 403 -> Home

Was a good and chill ride

Statistically, limited access highways (the 400 series) are MUCH safer that arterial roads
I agree, but for one thing… coming off a bike on a freeway has ugly odds.

My commute is on the light side of traffic on the 404 from 7 to Green lane. It’s boring, fast but easy and safe. Running arterial roads (Woodbine, Warden, Kennedy, 48… ) are more scenic but not free of cars entering the road from from driveways and side roads, makeup ladies, and those catching up on their TikTok fix.

I used to commute on bike from Milton to downtown (via qew) and then for a short while from Milton to Scarborough (via 401)

Absolutely not worth it. Gave me more stress than clearing head. All I was doing was adding miles on the odo and wrinkles on my face. Lolz

Now I only ride on weekends , more enjoyable.

Am I the only one who gets a rush out of riding on the 401?
For me is the 427north of the 401, airport area and going South on the 400 just pass Wonder Land, all at night. Again the 400 hwys. are not beginner friendly.

Ok. Ok. I think I might have used clearing my head in the wrong sense. It's like this. If I'm having a ****** day at work, I just can't stop the chain of thought about it. Putting myself in a situation where I can't think of anything else than the job at hand is the only way. So yes, a ride where I have no scope for distraction helps. That's what I mean by clears my head.

This is even literally worse than the first thing you said lol. Riding when you’re emotionally distressed? Damn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back
Top Bottom