Mv f3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Mv f3

Dahulk

Just got notice on the MV F3 available on June 2012, MRSP 14,495. Looks to be an awesome bike. Just thought I share the notice that I received today.

Holy drag out the realese date!!!! Sheesh. It's already a year late! I can see it being pushed until August or September. Royal had murmurings of $16k, so your price sounds a lot better, given that it is only $1k above the US MSRP.

generally how reliable are MVs? sometimes i hear when a triumph 675 goes in for warranty work, they need to wait for weeks/months just to get a part. can't imagine MV doing any better than triumph.

im trying to decide between F3 or 848. maybe 1199. don't like the F4 that much.

generally how reliable are MVs? sometimes i hear when a triumph 675 goes in for warranty work, they need to wait for weeks/months just to get a part. can't imagine MV doing any better than triumph.

im trying to decide between F3 or 848. maybe 1199. don't like the F4 that much.

I heard from GP Bikes today that Royal isn't registered to do MV servicing, so it will be like going to any other mechanic. Unlikely that they will have parts in any local storage. I doubt Kuhuna can do much better. Even Kahuna and Snow City (when it comes to Kawi) rely on a Kawi storage depot in North Toronto. MV hasn't set anything like that up. This is their first year being represented in Canada so beware.

Ducati isn't much better. I have heard from Ducati owners you are looking at 6 week back orders from Italy. I have also heard rumors, once a Ducati sale is made, all that attention from the sales team doesn't follow you over the the service department.

On the other hand most of what I just said is here say and GP Bikes is interested in pushing their Triumph over the F3. They claim great support and a rock solid award winning Daytona. I personally find the Daytona flimsy and cheap...not so sure how rock solid it is, nor am I impressed with their awards with 75cc over the competition. You take it for what it is...an exotic (here in North America). In the UK I found the local press constantly rating the Daytona top 3 of all bikes ever, with the speed triple in 5th, and the Sprint in 6th. Obviously it's a skewed patriotic attitude out there. I would discount any and all reviews of the Daytona from a British source.

Last edited:
damn, i really don't wanna ride jap bikes anymore. why can euro manufacturers get their acts together? lol. i'd love to get a euro exotic, but it'd suck to wait 1 month for warranty works in case something went wrong. i can afford keeping my jap bike, but paying 2x insurance for two bikes in ontario is kinda ridiculous.

I heard from GP Bikes today that Royal isn't registered to do MV servicing, so it will be like going to any other mechanic. Unlikely that they will have parts in any local storage. I doubt Kuhuna can do much better. Even Kahuna and Snow City (when it comes to Kawi) rely on a Kawi storage depot in North Toronto. MV hasn't set anything like that up. This is their first year being represented in Canada so beware.

Ducati isn't much better. I have heard from Ducati owners you are looking at 6 week back orders from Italy. I have also heard rumors, once a Ducati sale is made, all that attention from the sales team doesn't follow you over the the service department.

On the other hand most of what I just said is here say and GP Bikes is interested in pushing their Triumph over the F3. They claim great support and a rock solid award winning Daytona. I personally find the Daytona flimsy and cheap...not so sure how rock solid it is, nor am I impressed with their awards with 75cc over the competition. You take it for what it is...an exotic (here in North America). In the UK I found the local press constantly rating the Daytona top 3 of all bikes ever, with the speed triple in 5th, and the Sprint in 6th. Obviously it's a skewed patriotic attitude out there. I would discount any and all reviews of the Daytona from a British source.

As a Ducati rider the only time I have ever heard of any significant delay was in August, they pretty much shutdown in Italy for the month (so if the part is not already in NA....).

Ducati parts are readily available. Hell, there's only ONE Aprilia dealer in this province and I can still get parts in good time. Triumph parts should be obtainable in good time as well, the bikes have a strong dealer network. I don't know anyone who owns a KTM so can't speak for those.

That price on the MV sounds awesome. Can't wait to pick one up!

Last edited:
damn, i really don't wanna ride jap bikes anymore. why can euro manufacturers get their acts together? lol. i'd love to get a euro exotic, but it'd suck to wait 1 month for warranty works in case something went wrong. i can afford keeping my jap bike, but paying 2x insurance for two bikes in ontario is kinda ridiculous.

Don't listen to the nonsense. If you want a reliable Euro bike get yourself a Ducati. They have the best dealer and parts network of all the EU manufacturers.

1199 is gonna be sa-weeeeet!

848 is already a wicked bike though. Can't go wrong.

Don't listen to the nonsense. If you want a reliable Euro bike get yourself a Ducati. They have the best dealer and parts network of all the EU manufacturers.

1199 is gonna be sa-weeeeet!

848 is already a wicked bike though. Can't go wrong.

What about a replacement for the 848, a la 1198 --> 1199? Has there been any mumblings about a new 849 (or something similar) as well?

I have an MV F4 purchased from Indian Motorcycle and serviced by Kahuna. Took it in for my dealer service which went well and also had a leak which they fixed right away. The feedback in the MV forum has indicated that service has improved overall globally for MV. Have not regretted owning an MV the only problem is the attention it gets where ever I go.

If performance is your goal then 1199 if you are looking for something unique then the F3, ( there will be only 13 MV F4RR imported into Canada). for me after owning Japanese bike which are great bikes and very relaible I wanted something different. The ducati is a great bike but is getting too common. I have a few friends who have both MV and Ducati and they love them both different riding experience they tell me.

Is this based upon your personal experience or just assumption? I have had my MV serviced at Kahuna with no issues service was great and prompt. The Kahuna tech was trained in Italy at the MV factory for servicing MV. Kahuna in speaking with them stock parts require for regular maintenance and Motovan also has spares for regular service.

Is this based upon your personal experience or just assumption? I have had my MV serviced at Kahuna with no issues service was great and prompt. The Kahuna tech was trained in Italy at the MV factory for servicing MV. Kahuna in speaking with them stock parts require for regular maintenance and Motovan also has spares for regular service.

Like I said hearsay. You would be a better reference. I have had bad experiences with Kahuna when it came to Japanese bikes. But that is a different story...I don't like or trust Kahuna at all...but that has nothing to do with their MVs

Went to Royal Distributing to talk to them about the MV's. They told me that Dukes of Cycle was the only official service center for MV. I know Kahuna sells them, can they service them as well? I've never dealt with either so i'm unfamiliar with the quality of their service guys.

It's a bike not a spaceship. Pro 6 can handle it they have worked on all my bikes including 1098,vintage Harley's,R6 racebike and TZ250 racebike. I'm going to get an MV and they will service it

It's a bike not a spaceship. Pro 6 can handle it they have worked on all my bikes including 1098,vintage Harley's,R6 racebike and TZ250 racebike. I'm going to get an MV and they will service it

True, it's not a space ship, but if it needs a special tool to access the ECU (i.e. like Aprilia with the Navigator/Axone) then you're **** out of luck unless there's a dealer or the aftermarket center invests in it. If MV's don't need anything like that (i.e. it's good ol' fashioned hit it with a hammer to fix) then I'm all in for an F3.

True, it's not a space ship, but if it needs a special tool to access the ECU (i.e. like Aprilia with the Navigator/Axone) then you're **** out of luck unless there's a dealer or the aftermarket center invests in it. If MV's don't need anything like that (i.e. it's good ol' fashioned hit it with a hammer to fix) then I'm all in for an F3.

You are always talking and rarely buying anyway!!!!:D

Back
Top Bottom