Mv f3 | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Mv f3

Went to Royal Distributing to talk to them about the MV's. They told me that Dukes of Cycle was the only official service center for MV. I know Kahuna sells them, can they service them as well? I've never dealt with either so i'm unfamiliar with the quality of their service guys.

Yes they service my MV they have one technician who was trained at the MV factory.

Remember this the first year for MV it will take time to be qualified. As the brand grow there will be more trained technicians I am sure. Basically it comes down to your reason. You want something that not everyone has then get an MV, Norton with the understanding that these niche bike mfg will not have an extensive dealer network. You want a lot of technicians and support go buy a Japanese bike. The downside is that they are very common and not unique. Can't have it both ways.

Remember this the first year for MV it will take time to be qualified. As the brand grow there will be more trained technicians I am sure. Basically it comes down to your reason. You want something that not everyone has then get an MV, Norton with the understanding that these niche bike mfg will not have an extensive dealer network. You want a lot of technicians and support go buy a Japanese bike. The downside is that they are very common and not unique. Can't have it both ways.

a bike is a bike right? do MV bikes use some different nuts and bolts only seen in europe? lol

generally how reliable are MVs? sometimes i hear when a triumph 675 goes in for warranty work, they need to wait for weeks/months just to get a part. can't imagine MV doing any better than triumph.

im trying to decide between F3 or 848. maybe 1199. don't like the F4 that much.

having owned a load of yamaha's, and a couple triumphs, i cant say that there is any extra waiting period for triumph vs yamaha parts. there might have been a time when that might have been true, but in the current market, triumph parts are fairly available. if youre looking for used parts, yamaha is just more common, so it'll win their. also, another thing is pricing, when i had my triumph people always said they were afraid to buy one because of the costs of maintenance... but there are no extra costs. i did not find myself spending more or less money for parts.

for the MV, i would be a little sceptical... it is their first year in the game here. their dealer network is currently almost non-existent... maybe going into the american market for parts would be a better idea if you were looking for one of those. and then just bring it into a mechanic here to get the work done, if you dont like to do it yourself.

having owned a load of yamaha's, and a couple triumphs, i cant say that there is any extra waiting period for triumph vs yamaha parts. there might have been a time when that might have been true, but in the current market, triumph parts are fairly available. if youre looking for used parts, yamaha is just more common, so it'll win their. also, another thing is pricing, when i had my triumph people always said they were afraid to buy one because of the costs of maintenance... but there are no extra costs. i did not find myself spending more or less money for parts.

for the MV, i would be a little sceptical... it is their first year in the game here. their dealer network is currently almost non-existent... maybe going into the american market for parts would be a better idea if you were looking for one of those. and then just bring it into a mechanic here to get the work done, if you dont like to do it yourself.

Interesting point as I though most Canadian riders purchase most of their motorcycle products in the US anyway :).

Back
Top Bottom