move over Jeep, theres a new sheriff in town.... | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

move over Jeep, theres a new sheriff in town....

In many industries the bean counters need to pay attention to the core base that make the brand what it is. Can't slap "eclipse" on some crossover and expect it to sell.

Do Jeep Wranglers still come with the underparts coated in rust and visible corrosion on the aluminum hinges when they are brand new in the showroom? Or have they cleaned that up a little in recent years?

I will never get the new buyers of wranglers. most are untouched mall crawlers, seen a ton of soccer moms and the type in them.
They ride horribly onroad, interior/infotainment is terrible, and they aren't known for reliability. Pricing is high for what these people use it for.
I do get that they are the best, no-compromise crawler/mudder you can buy. They are amazing in that aspect, but the amount of new wranglers sold and used for this is tiny. Most buy used and modify.
Just amazes me how they still sell so many new wranglers at the price I see them at.
I'm in love with the gladiator but I can't justify the price compared to other pickups.
Image sells. Same with adventure bikes, survival knives, and skateboard shoes.

I will never get the new buyers of wranglers. most are untouched mall crawlers, seen a ton of soccer moms and the type in them.
They ride horribly onroad, interior/infotainment is terrible, and they aren't known for reliability. Pricing is high for what these people use it for.
I do get that they are the best, no-compromise crawler/mudder you can buy. They are amazing in that aspect, but the amount of new wranglers sold and used for this is tiny. Most buy used and modify.
Just amazes me how they still sell so many new wranglers at the price I see them at.
I'm in love with the gladiator but I can't justify the price compared to other pickups.
Took a ride in an early 2000's one last year, my lord the plastic creak in that thing is unreal.

One of the other benefits of the Wrangler is the insanely low depreciation.

I could very realistically sell my 3yr old Willys 4dr for about $6-$8k less than that what I paid for it brand new.

I don't think the Bronco will be able to share that.

But, at least there is now some realistic competition in the segment and this will force FCA to look at upping their game.

COME ON FACTORY HEMI AND HELLCAT MOTOR OPTIONS!! ?

Took a ride in an early 2000's one last year, my lord the plastic creak in that thing is unreal.

The JK and JL/JT have made VAST improvements in creature comfort and driveability over the TJ's.

Although, a nice clean, unmolested TJ will still command very big $$$$'s

Had a JEEP Wrangler (I think) 4 door as a rental once....looked awesome,
Felt like a badass in it, but holy hell what a horrible driving experience.

even with this thread I thought ‘maybe’ but remembered that experienced and I’m over it already.

I love the look of the new Bronco though. Very nice.

One of the other benefits of the Wrangler is the insanely low depreciation.
Now you tell me :| I traded mine for a couple of grand worth of propane furnace and air conditioning work,
and I thought I got the better deal after the gas tank brackets rusted off and the fuel tank fell onto the road.

The only attraction of a wrangler for me was the fact you could take a load of stuff off it and drive it open aired for the 2-3weeks a year where that was a possibility. Fuel economy and reliability turned me off the idea as did the nutso prices on them.

I love the styling of the new Bronco. It will be interesting to watch the side by side review videos between it and the Wrangler. I have a 2019 Wrangler 2-door, and while I love the Bronco, I trade my JL in for a Gladiator way before a new Bronco.

Also these things will go for $3-5k over sticker for the first few months and slowly trickle down to MSRP. Unless you really had to have one now, I'd hold off. No point paying over sticker for a mass produced vehicle when there is going to be lots full of them a year after they hit the streets.

Found the only way to better my Jeeps road performance and fuel economy,
I put it on a trailer and towed it behind my pickup truck :LOL:

So... does anybody know anything about these engines? Looks like the 270HP 2.3L I4 is from the 2019+ Ranger, and the 325HP 2.7L V6 is from the 2018+ F-150.

Currently sifting through Google results for "EcoBoom"

Both engines have been around for a few years. The 2.3 4-cyl was indeed used in the Ranger, but also some versions of the Mustang, and the Ford Focus RS, and a couple of Lincolns. The 2.7 V6 is mostly F150 although it might have shown up in a couple other models in smaller numbers.

The version of the 2.3 used in the Focus RS had a big recall because they put the wrong head gasket in a bunch of them. Not aware of any major issues with them otherwise.

So... does anybody know anything about these engines? Looks like the 270HP 2.3L I4 is from the 2019+ Ranger, and the 325HP 2.7L V6 is from the 2018+ F-150.

Currently sifting through Google results for "EcoBoom"

Don't know much about the 2.3 but I do believe the 2.7 is a sleeper of a motor and an absolute gem from FORD. If I remember correctly, it Has no relation to Ford's bigger 3.5 and I believe it doesn't share any parts. This engine was co developed with a German engineering firm.

It will do just fine in a bronco

Found the only way to better my Jeeps road performance and fuel economy,
I put it on a trailer and towed it behind my pickup truck :LOL:
Great Idea. Jeeps are great rescue vehicles, you can use one to pull your PU out of a ditch or swamp. I have an oldie in my driveway, its been balls deep in muck and always gets me home.

Back
Top Bottom