Motorcycling is too damn dangerous | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Motorcycling is too damn dangerous

That line is classic... I think I might use it as a sig... :lmao:

I think it's more of a fact that I've bailed so many times now, that I have the "tuck and roll" perfected. Just go with the flow and you'll be ok!

Cybernetics?

Dude. My aunt saw a person getting run over by a out of control minivan. Person was just walking on the sidewalk. Van came out of no where. Death will come at you no matter where you are.

Just enjoy life as much as you can.

http://images.wikia.com/potcoplayers/images/c/cb/GrimReaper-1-.jpg

+1 A few years ago, a couple was sleeping in their two storey house (don't remember the town but it was in Québec), died because of a guy who was speeding on the road.....the car went straight for the second floor and killed them in their bed.

Years ago I worked as an orderly in the ER at the Ottawa Civic. We got a call from an ambulance (radio, this was before Cell phones) coming in from Cornwall with an MVA they couldn't handle. They arrive a few minutes later with a bloody mess and a surgeon holding on to something coming out of a guy's head. Once we got the patient stabilized I realized it was a brake pedal from a bike (no, I don't know the brand so don't ask). Talking to the ambulance attendants they said the guy went down but his bike went up and came down on his head, with the brake pedal poking in through his eye socket. When they tried to lift the bike off him his head came up with it, so they had to get tools and remove the pedal from the bike. The eye socket had sprung open to admit the pedal but closed again and the surgeaon in Cornwall hadn't been able to remove it. The neuro team cut a hole in the back of his head and removed the pedal through there. Lost an eye and a bit of his frontal lobe, but basically OK. It was pretty funny seeing the expression on the Opthalmology resident when he came in with his magnifying glass and tweezers to remove the "Foreign Object; left eye".

Years ago I worked as an orderly in the ER at the Ottawa Civic. We got a call from an ambulance (radio, this was before Cell phones) coming in from Cornwall with an MVA they couldn't handle. They arrive a few minutes later with a bloody mess and a surgeon holding on to something coming out of a guy's head. Once we got the patient stabilized I realized it was a brake pedal from a bike (no, I don't know the brand so don't ask). Talking to the ambulance attendants they said the guy went down but his bike went up and came down on his head, with the brake pedal poking in through his eye socket. When they tried to lift the bike off him his head came up with it, so they had to get tools and remove the pedal from the bike. The eye socket had sprung open to admit the pedal but closed again and the surgeaon in Cornwall hadn't been able to remove it. The neuro team cut a hole in the back of his head and removed the pedal through there. Lost an eye and a bit of his frontal lobe, but basically OK. It was pretty funny seeing the expression on the Opthalmology resident when he came in with his magnifying glass and tweezers to remove the "Foreign Object; left eye".

It hurts to read that

Yeah, Rocker. It hurt to see it. That and a few other accidents may have contributed to why I waited until I was over fifty to start riding.

Yeah, Rocker. It hurt to see it. That and a few other accidents may have contributed to why I waited until I was over fifty to start riding.

Its funny that when I was 18 I told myself I'll get myself a motorcycle when i retire. My brother got his and I was compelled to get mine's.

Once I got it, I asked myself why I didn't get it earlier

If I had a bike when I was 18, I am certain I would be dead.

Back
Top Bottom